Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > NLE - Non Linear Editing

Old 9th March 2013, 09:50   #1  |  Link
marcusj0015

Edit a few frames, and put them back into video?

I want to edit a few frames, 4 I believe, but that doesn't really matter, of a 1080P video, and after I've edited them, I want to replace the original frames, without re-encoding the ENTIRE THING, how do I do this?
marcusj0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 22:00   #2  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusj0015 View Post
I want to edit a few frames, 4 I believe, but that doesn't really matter, of a 1080P video, and after I've edited them, I want to replace the original frames, without re-encoding the ENTIRE THING, how do I do this?
You would need to use a program like VideoRedo that could split up your file without re-rendering. Once you have it split up, you could edit the section you are interested in, then paste it back together using VideoRedo / TSMuxer / MKVMerge or other similar.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 22:02   #3  |  Link
JoeH

Actually, now that I think about it, you could simply use TSMuxer or MKVMerge to split up the file as well. Edit a small file where you need to make changes, then merge everything back together. VideoRedo shouldn't be necessary (but is still a great program).
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote