Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Hardware players

Old 9th July 2021, 22:57   #1  |  Link
notrace0987

Is there a built-in DVD player on Skyworth TV

I've had a Skyworth UHD TV like this, and bought it last year. Recently, my daughter who loves music and movies found some DVD-like disks from her friends and wanted to watch them on the TV. I remembered Skyworth TVs were said to have built-in DVD players but just wonder where is it and how to play it. Maybe this is not the right place to ask this quetion. Just a try. Sorry and thanks.
notrace0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2022, 17:19   #2  |  Link
kurkosdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrace0987 View Post
I've had a Skyworth UHD TV like this, and bought it last year. Recently, my daughter who loves music and movies found some DVD-like disks from her friends and wanted to watch them on the TV. I remembered Skyworth TVs were said to have built-in DVD players but just wonder where is it and how to play it. Maybe this is not the right place to ask this quetion. Just a try. Sorry and thanks.
Your post is super-vague, but TVs with built-in DVD players usually have a slot-loading DVD drive on one of their sides. Basically think the DVD drive Macbooks used to have on their right side, but vertical obviously. For whether a particular TV has a built-in DVD player, look at the specs, duh.

Now for what formats it supports, you can safely assume DVD-Video, for other formats, you have to read the manual (also, keep in mind that "avi" is usually code-word for "Divx/Xvid avi").

Last edited by kurkosdr; 31st October 2022 at 17:25.
kurkosdr is offline   Reply With Quote