Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th September 2011, 19:56   #1  |  Link
jordana309

framerate/video length for quickTime

I have an mov high-def capture of a live performance. My recorder captured progressive footage at 60 fields per seconds and fed it into Final Cut Pro, which recorded it at 60 frames per second and dumped it into a Prores-encoded video. The audio captured normally.

The problem is that the video file and data rate are large enough to have the whole video encoded at 60 frames per second (and when the speed is doubled, indeed the video plays as expected.

however, the quick time framework stops the video 1/2 through (even when editing in Final Cut Pro or through Quick Time 7), and I can't get to the second half of the video data.

When I exported the video from the file through QT, I got a video that was 1/2 the size of the first.

Question: do any of you know how I can access the second half of the video? I've tried using VirtualDub using QTInput, QTReader, DirectShowSource (it's in Prores, so that was no good), and playing with framerate and such. I'm currently trying to hack the file using Hex Workshop and changing the fields of the atoms in the .mov file manually, but nothing yet. Ideas?
jordana309 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finding lost video, hacking .movs, mov