Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 12th September 2018, 01:52   #1  |  Link
adamantcheese

PNG Quantizer for use with BDEdit

I've developed a utility for assisting in editing IG menus for those without Scenarist Designer. For reference, here is the menu editing thread.
You can find the tool releases here and the source code if you wish to modify and build it for Linux.

THIS IS A COMMAND LINE TOOL, use "-help" for this information.
Usage:
1) Save out everything from BDEdit for the menu you're editing. If your menu contains multiple palettes, save out each set of images to it's own folder to keep the palettes separate.
2) Edit your images as desired.
3) Run the tool with the directory of modified images as the only argument. If you don't input any arguments a text help prompt will appear. "Done!" will appear when it is finished.
4) Replace the images using BDEdit. Be sure to check both the "Replace object" and "Replace palette" boxes for every image, otherwise you'll get extra objects and palettes.
5) Mux out your new menu M2TS file and replace the one in your BDMV/STREAM folder.
6) Close and open up BDEdit again and go to CLIPINF, and read the appropriate .clpi file for the menu. A prompt will say it has the wrong number of packets in it, say yes and save the clpi file.
7) That's it! Bit tedious for menus with lots of objects, but it does work.

Proof of function can be seen on the github main page.
adamantcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 20:31   #2  |  Link
ocean

Very interesting, congratulations for the work, certainly should be adjusted the clpi file, because once worked m2ts containing the menu is different as size.
Thank you.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2022, 10:04   #3  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamantcheese View Post
I've developed a utility for assisting in editing IG menus for those without Scenarist Designer.
I replaced some images within a Blu-ray menu today with the help of your PNG Quantizer utility. (I posted about it here.)

Your utility worked wonderfully. Well, once I got it working. My system was missing the "vcruntime140d.dll" and "ucrtbased.dll" files. Doh!

In any event, I just wanted to say thank you. Yes, I know this is an old thread, but I see you still actively post here so. Thanks again!
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote