Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 28th January 2007, 03:10   #81  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver4 View Post
I would like to see the av.Options parameters saved across restarts. I get tired of filling out the same info every time.
What options in particular?

The problem is, it's hard to save these options, as the video and audio are very dependent and what you have just loaded in.....

Let me know some examples and I'l incorporate them, I only have 1 day left, gotta release this version before Monday as I'm back at University Monday, bloody forensics, I don't get a minute.
The Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 04:25   #82  |  Link
weaver4

These are the four I would like to see.

> Single Pass Quant CheckBox
> Quantizer Value
> Force Video Bitrate CheckBox
> Force Video Bitrate Value

Thanks,
Great Program!
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 10:19   #83  |  Link
jeffy

Thanks as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
What options in particular?

The problem is, it's hard to save these options, as the video and audio are very dependent and what you have just loaded in.....

Let me know some examples and I'l incorporate them, I only have 1 day left, gotta release this version before Monday as I'm back at University Monday, bloody forensics, I don't get a minute.
Good luck & thanks for beta 6. It doesn't show any errors except the troubles with codec like you said, which are size erroneous on MY part, not yours.
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 13:07   #84  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
These are the four I would like to see.

> Single Pass Quant CheckBox
> Quantizer Value
> Force Video Bitrate CheckBox
> Force Video Bitrate Value

Thanks,
Great Program!
I'll look into it.
The Quantizer value should already be saved across sessions/loads.
Old 28th January 2007, 13:21   #85  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
Good luck & thanks for beta 6. It doesn't show any errors except the troubles with codec like you said, which are size erroneous on MY part, not yours.
Yes that's why it has to be v1.1.2.

I set a standalone profile in the XviD codec, amoungst other options, to allow maximum standalone compatibility. The problem is, over the past few versions of XviD the developers, and I don't know why, keep changing the name of the profile, completely breaking its automatic use. When they decide on a name that stays, version changing will be fine.
Old 28th January 2007, 20:14   #86  |  Link
The Scientist

Real version (v2.5.0.0) of avi.NET is now released (first post).

If anything needs adding or fixing I'll have to do it when I get a free day.

Old 28th January 2007, 20:30   #87  |  Link
weaver4

Thanks, great program.

Good luck in the University!!
Old 28th January 2007, 21:46   #88  |  Link
weaver4

Will pgc.net work with arccos movies?
Old 29th January 2007, 13:08   #89  |  Link
jgawera

AFAIK pgc.NET does not work with any protected DVDs, you need to use something like AnyDVD to rip them first.

I've recently noticed that using avi.NET 2.2.2.0 my encoded files are coming out about half the size they were supposed to be. If I selected 700MB, the files were coming out about 350MB, anyone else have this problem.

I've just installed avi.net2.5 from this thread (not on the clonead site yet) I've also installed the latest XviD codec so maybe that'll sort things out.

Edit:
Seems to have worked fine. now, got a file of the correct size.

Now that I've found this active forum, I'd like to post a few suggestions that I'd like other clonead software usesers to comment on.

Add batch facility to rip.net to both rip multiple pgcs from one disc, and rip from multiple discs (eg if you've got 4 dvds on your hard drive, you could rip main move from each in one operation)

Add facility for index.NET to index subtitles

Add an option to not show the preview video, I often set encodes going via remote desktop, and it doesn't cope well with trying to play video.

love avi.NET
J

Last edited by jgawera; 29th January 2007 at 21:19.
jgawera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 02:42   #90  |  Link
Nrmf

Thank You

This Is The Best
Nrmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 07:29   #91  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
Will pgc.net work with arccos movies?
No, not directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgawera View Post
AFAIK pgc.NET does not work with any protected DVDs, you need to use something like AnyDVD to rip them first.
This is not correct. pgc.NET does work with the majority of protected DVDs, it just can not handle the newer stuff like ArCCoS e.t.c, because of this is may be better to think of pgc.NET as a ripping utility rather than a ripping program in its own right.

Quote:
Seems to have worked fine. now, got a file of the correct size.
Yes, it must be the v1.1.2 XviD codec.

Quote:
Add batch facility to rip.net to both rip multiple pgcs from one disc, and rip from multiple discs
Problem is, it would not rip multiple PGCs in one go, it would have to run through the whole title each time to get the selected PGC so it wouldn't save any time though it would save the 'hassle' of selecting each individual chain. I can see how this could be handy for episodic dvds. I'll look into it next time I have a spare day.

Quote:
Add facility for index.NET to index subtitles
Yes, last version did have this ability but had to update index.NET because of the new avi.NET and I ran out of time to change the subtitle stuff. I will add it back in hopefully in the next release.

Quote:
Add an option to not show the preview video, I often set encodes going via remote desktop, and it doesn't cope well with trying to play video.
I'll look into this, I know what you mean about remote-desktop and video, not good.

Quote:
love avi.NET
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrmf View Post
Thank You, This Is The Best
Thanks
Old 31st January 2007, 09:15   #92  |  Link
jgawera

Quote:

This is not correct. pgc.NET does work with the majority of protected DVDs, it just can not handle the newer stuff like ArCCoS e.t.c, because of this is may be better to think of pgc.NET as a ripping utility rather than a ripping program in its own right.
Ah, good to know, I've just always had AnyDVD running so never realised it did this.

Quote:
Problem is, it would not rip multiple PGCs in one go, it would have to run through the whole title each time to get the selected PGC so it wouldn't save any time though it would save the 'hassle' of selecting each individual chain. I can see how this could be handy for episodic dvds. I'll look into it next time I have a spare day.
Excellent, that'll save me a lot of time for episode disks. Also for when I have a number of movie disks copied to my HDD I could select main movie in each of them, then kick off ripping and do something else while it rips them all.

Quote:
Yes, last version did have this ability but had to update index.NET because of the new avi.NET and I ran out of time to change the subtitle stuff. I will add it back in hopefully in the next release.
Nice, I must have missed the version that had that in, or just missed the option Now that I think about it, it would be super cool if pgc.net and index.net somehow combined so that whatever pgcs I ripped, were also indexed (and subs indexed) so that they are ready for use by avi.net. So for ripping a 6 episode disk, I just select the six likely pgcs, hit go, and when I come back, I can just load them into avi.net, choose my options, and kick off the encode.

Quote:
I'll look into this, I know what you mean about remote-desktop and video, not good.
Thanks so much.
jgawera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 16:38   #93  |  Link
audioman

Hi all forumers

Has anyone tried the HQ encode in AVINET and what does this mode brings to the software ?

Thanks
audioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 01:02   #94  |  Link
SonofPhatty2x4

is anyone having an issue where you are unable to select decomb deinterlancing filter check box because it is greyed out?

I don't seem to be able to select that option no matter what.
Old 2nd February 2007, 06:59   #95  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofPhatty2x4 View Post
is anyone having an issue where you are unable to select decomb deinterlancing filter check box because it is greyed out?

I don't seem to be able to select that option no matter what.
Are you asking because you noticed it greyed out or you felt you needed to use it because of combing in the preview and it was unavailable?

It is greyed out when an NTSC 29.970 dvd has been IVTC'd to FILM 23.976. I don't have any NTSC dvds but am not aware of any that would need de-interlacing after the IVTC, which is why it is greyed out.
Old 2nd February 2007, 07:09   #96  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioman View Post
Hi all forumers

Has anyone tried the HQ encode in AVINET and what does this mode brings to the software ?

Thanks
The settings used will produce a theorietically 'better' quality output but let's not get into the 'better' debate. I can't remember the exact differences without looking at the code but DivX, in HQ mode, will use its 'HIGHER QUALITY' mode rather than the default 'BALANCED'. I can't really see any difference but it's what some people asked for. With XviD, difference bvop ratio's are used, a higher 'VHQ' and a custom matrix and a few other things I can't remember at the moment.

Both HQ codec settings will produce slower encodes.
Old 3rd February 2007, 08:55   #97  |  Link
Jacquers
bonkers

Hi,

Thanx for all the hard work on the new version.

Just some small things that I miss from older versions (v2.2)

- A minimize button
- A Pause button
- v2.2 showed a more info about the chosen encoding settings when starting the encode.

Other than that it's working very nicely, Thanx!

Last edited by Jacquers; 3rd February 2007 at 08:57. Reason: spelling
Jacquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 09:07   #98  |  Link
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquers View Post
Hi,
Thanx for all the hard work on the new version.

Just some small things that I miss from older versions (v2.2)
- A minimize button
- A Pause button
- v2.2 showed a more info about the chosen encoding settings when starting the encode.

Other than that it's working very nicely, Thanx!
It does have a pause & minimise (instructions on web page/site). If you right-click the preview window during preview or right-click the output window during encode, you will see options to allow minimise e.t.c.

What 'more info' were you refering to?
Old 3rd February 2007, 14:24   #99  |  Link
Jacquers
bonkers

Ah, I should have read the manual! Yes, I see the pause and minimize options now. A bit too well hidden for most people maybe?

I discovered something intersting: Load a file and wait for it to start playing. Then pause it. Select some option like De-Interlace - playback starts again to show the changes, but then the pause ability is disabled.

The more info: v2.2 used to display all the options you selected for the encode (resolution, aspect ration, filesize, quantizer, audio type, filters to use) when it starts the encode.
Jacquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 16:02   #100  |  Link
weaver4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquers View Post
The more info: v2.2 used to display all the options you selected for the encode (resolution, aspect ration, filesize, quantizer, audio type, filters to use) when it starts the encode.
I also notices that that old version was more verbose. I think I liked it being more verbose.