Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 19th January 2021, 00:04   #1  |  Link
djmawuk

3D Subtitles

Hi,

So i will keep this brief and i hope someone can give step by step instructions or a youtube style video showing how you do this.

So i have a collection of blu-ray 3D films that i'm converting into mkv's and then moving onto my cloud drive which i have linked to plex so i can play them everywhere etc...

The one thing i just cant figure out is adding the forced subtitles, i only need the sections were a different language is spoken in a film like avatar , lord of the rings etc etc i assume this is the forced section. I have tried various different ways to add them and nothing has worked so far, when i play the film in VLC the forced subtitles are there but when i convert to 3d nothing is there.

I have read through the guide on here and watched various videos on youtube and i just dont understand the process to just get the sections i need, in 3d. I believe the term is Burn In the subtitles, which i think im doing but nothing is there lol.

If someone could direct me to a video that shows you step by step that would be awsome or a subtiles in 3d dummies guide etc...

Thanks in advance

Matt
djmawuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2021, 11:38   #2  |  Link
ale62

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmawuk View Post
Hi,

So i will keep this brief and i hope someone can give step by step instructions or a youtube style video showing how you do this.

So i have a collection of blu-ray 3D films that i'm converting into mkv's and then moving onto my cloud drive which i have linked to plex so i can play them everywhere etc...

The one thing i just cant figure out is adding the forced subtitles, i only need the sections were a different language is spoken in a film like avatar , lord of the rings etc etc i assume this is the forced section. I have tried various different ways to add them and nothing has worked so far, when i play the film in VLC the forced subtitles are there but when i convert to 3d nothing is there.

I have read through the guide on here and watched various videos on youtube and i just dont understand the process to just get the sections i need, in 3d. I believe the term is Burn In the subtitles, which i think im doing but nothing is there lol.

If someone could direct me to a video that shows you step by step that would be awsome or a subtiles in 3d dummies guide etc...

Thanks in advance

Matt
I agree with Matt - I have the same need. It would be really appreciated. I'll create a thank you card for the guy that will help us
ale62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3d subtitles, newbie