Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2007, 19:43   #201  |  Link
issa

NEED HELP!!!
I try to merge a movie with 3 avi files and 3 srt subtitle files into a
single mkv file using mmg with append function.
However, after finished merging. I found only first two srt files get merge into the mkv file. I extract the the subtitle form the mkv file and found the last subtitle is same as the last subtitle in the second srt file. The whole 3rd srt file are missing.
The video and audio are pefectly merged.
Is there any limitation on mkvmerge for srt supporting?
Old 10th March 2007, 20:06   #202  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

No, there isn't. What's the command line?

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 11th March 2007, 09:31   #203  |  Link
akupenguin
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
As far as I know there's no mpeg codecs where b-frames can be timed after the next P frame.
H.264 allows arbitrary frame orders. It's not based on frame types at all, even the IDR-frame doesn't have to be the first frame in display order. A frame could be decoded at one time, and then displayed 500 frames later.
Now, there's an optional field in the SPS that says how much buffering a decoder will need to do, and typically it's only 1 or 2 frames. But that's only the typical case, not the limit.
Old 11th March 2007, 19:05   #204  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
Hmm, sounds like a serious memory leak. I'll have to see if I can find some other EVO which triggers this memory leak.
Again.... i think this is a problem with LARGE files.... rather than a file type:

Again my BBC-HD H.264 MBAFF file

mkvmerge v2.0.2 ('You're My Flame') built on Mar 8 2007 16:56:40
'G:\cap\test.h264': Using the AVC/h.264 ES demultiplexer.
'G:\cap\test.ac3': Using the AC3 demultiplexer.
Track 0 of 'G:\cap\test.h264': Extracted the aspect ratio information from the MPEG-4 layer 10 (AVC) video data and set the display dimensions to 1964/1080.
'G:\cap\test.h264' track 0: Using the MPEG-4 part 10 ES video output module.
'G:\cap\test.ac3' track 0: Using the AC3 output module.
The file 'I:\cap\test.mkv' has been opened for writing.
'die' called: common.cpp/saferealloc() called from file src/common/common_memory.cpp, line 33: realloc() returned NULL for a size of 204220 bytes.

test.h264 11.6 GB (12,551,775,186 bytes)
test.ac3 244 MB (256,423,415 bytes)

Haali's muxer has problems with big files also....

Shall i upload these files so you guys can test and fix this once and for all?
Old 11th March 2007, 19:24   #205  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I'd really appreciate that. I've tried getting my hands on such big EVO files but without success so far

Old 11th March 2007, 19:27   #206  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

This is from a BBC-HD .ts file, also good? upload to that ftp? Mind if i rar it?
Old 12th March 2007, 02:23   #207  |  Link
issa

Mosu,

I found the problem, and I had temp. fix for that.
Wait for your final fix on it.

Last edited by issa; 12th March 2007 at 13:37.
Old 12th March 2007, 11:35   #208  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0r View Post
This is from a BBC-HD .ts file, also good? upload to that ftp? Mind if i rar it?
Yes, to my FTP server, please. You can surely RAR it.

Old 12th March 2007, 16:11   #209  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Issa: Thanks for the patch. I've only tried it with two or three files here myself, but it's OK for them (and definitely not OK without the patch), so I'm including it.

Here's a current build: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...20070312-1.rar

Old 12th March 2007, 19:33   #210  |  Link
Okraml

I got a sample of an .avc file (20MB) that plays fine standalone, but not after muxing into a .mkv. Cause i have troubles uploading to your ftp, you can download the testfile here.

:-) Okraml
Old 12th March 2007, 23:18   #211  |  Link
aabxx

Quote:
Taken from matroska-devel, oct. 2005 http://lists.matroska.org/pipermail/...er/002756.html
- The Frames in the SimpleBlock have no duration. That means SimpleBlock is not suitable for VFR content (VFR video or Vorbis). Or we could fall back in using BlockGroup when the duration of the frames are not the default ones...
Does this mean --engage use_simpleblock should not be used when muxing ogg vorbis?
Old 13th March 2007, 09:41   #212  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabxx View Post
Does this mean --engage use_simpleblock should not be used when muxing ogg vorbis?
No. This is not a problem due to two reasons:
  1. Matroska specs say that the duration of a (simple) block is either
    1. the value of the BlockDuration element if present, or
    2. the value of the track's DefaultDuration element or
    3. the difference to the next block of the same track if neither a) nor b) is given.
    For Vorbis mkvmerge does not write a DefaultDuration element meaning that the duration is always the difference of the current and next timecodes for this track which is perfectly fine with simple blocks.
  2. If a default duration is given and the current packet's duration is different than the default duration then mkvmerge writes a normal block, even if "--engage use_simpleblock" is turned on.

Old 13th March 2007, 11:04   #213  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okraml View Post
I got a sample of an .avc file (20MB) that plays fine standalone, but not after muxing into a .mkv. Cause i have troubles uploading to your ftp, you can download the testfile here.

That's an interesting file. MP4Box cannot import it correctly either (same playback problems as the Matroska file created with mkvmerge). Is there another application that can actually turn this file into a playable MP4 file?

Old 13th March 2007, 17:42   #214  |  Link
Okraml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
That's an interesting file. MP4Box cannot import it correctly either (same playback problems as the Matroska file created with mkvmerge). Is there another application that can actually turn this file into a playable MP4 file?
MP4Creator doesn't produce playable mp4 files too. But i got another testfile for you here.

Old 13th March 2007, 18:06   #215  |  Link
issa

I got a ogm/avi file have the audio track 0x674f when play with mplayer, and it can not play the audio. When I import it to mmg, it display unknown type. I found out that it is OGG_VORBIS_1. How can I force the mmg to set the fourcc of the audio track, since the option panel is gray out.

Last edited by issa; 14th March 2007 at 01:14.
Old 13th March 2007, 21:49   #216  |  Link
zgx

I知 not sure this is the right thread but I知 badly in need of some Matroska muxing help.

I want to put a VC-1 video stream and a DD+ stream from a HD-DVD into a Matroska container. That I have done with the help of gdsmux and mkvmerge but the video seams to play too fast so I get serious audio sync problems. I have read some things about timecode files and I have tried to include a timecode file that looks like this (with the video stream):

# timecode format v1
assume 23.976

That didn稚 help so I知 wondering if anyone here has any idea how I could get it to work properly?
Old 13th March 2007, 22:28   #217  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgx View Post
I知 not sure this is the right thread but I知 badly in need of some Matroska muxing help.

I want to put a VC-1 video stream and a DD+ stream from a HD-DVD into a Matroska container. That I have done with the help of gdsmux and mkvmerge but the video seams to play too fast so I get serious audio sync problems. I have read some things about timecode files and I have tried to include a timecode file that looks like this (with the video stream):

# timecode format v1
assume 23.976

That didn稚 help so I知 wondering if anyone here has any idea how I could get it to work properly?
I don't know gdsmux, but mkvtoolnix doesn't yet support VC-1 muxing. Personally, I'm using Haali's Media Splitter and Haali's Matroska Muxer to mux VC-1 streams into MKV and that works perfectly fine for me.
Old 13th March 2007, 23:12   #218  |  Link
zgx

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I don't know gdsmux, but mkvtoolnix doesn't yet support VC-1 muxing. Personally, I'm using Haali's Media Splitter and Haali's Matroska Muxer to mux VC-1 streams into MKV and that works perfectly fine for me.
Thanks I will give it a try. What makes it extra tricky is the DD+ as I don't think Haali's Muxer supports it yet.

I'm also thinking there could be something wrong with my playback setup. I get the same problems when I try to play a EVO file in ZoomPlayer.
Old 14th March 2007, 08:30   #219  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgx View Post
Thanks I will give it a try. What makes it extra tricky is the DD+ as I don't think Haali's Muxer supports it yet.
Haali's latest version does fully support DD+ !
Old 14th March 2007, 09:24   #220  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by issa View Post
I got a ogm/avi file have the audio track 0x674f when play with mplayer, and it can not play the audio. When I import it to mmg, it display unknown type. I found out that it is OGG_VORBIS_1. How can I force the mmg to set the fourcc of the audio track, since the option panel is gray out.
It's not possible. If mkvmerge says that a track is unknown or unsupported, then it is just that, not supported. Especially Vorbis-in-AVI. That's about the worst possible way of storing Vorbis. It's inefficient, completely hacky (because Vorbis is both variable frame rate and variable sample rate). I will never support it.

Closed Thread