Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 21st November 2016, 12:36   #261  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

mkvextract, the tool all of those GUIs are actually using, does not support that particular CodecID type. Therefore none of those GUIs can extract that track. I don't have any plans for adding support for it either. Sorry.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 16:19   #262  |  Link
Perenista

OK, I am using this app for the job:
http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,104311.0.html
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=209091

It's extracting in the method "COPY AUDIO", as a WAV (and saving in a folder called LOSSLESS-AUDIO), so I am assuming it is not really reencoding anything. I have only seen a bunch of movies/old Blu-rays using a PCM track.

P.S. The track wasted 4.79 GB in WAV (the movie has 2h28m52s).

Last edited by Perenista; 21st November 2016 at 17:02.
Perenista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 06:31   #263  |  Link
djcj

There are still some case-sensitivity issues left when I try to build revision 116 on Linux:
Code:
--- a/gMKVExtractGUI/gMKVExtractGUI.csproj
+++ b/gMKVExtractGUI/gMKVExtractGUI.csproj
@@ -126,7 +126,7 @@
     </Compile>
   </ItemGroup>
   <ItemGroup>
-    <ProjectReference Include="..\gMKVToolNix\gMKVToolNix.csproj">
+    <ProjectReference Include="..\gMKVToolNix\gMKVToolnix.csproj">
       <Project>{82fc8fa8-50c0-44fa-8801-80050c0ed89f}</Project>
       <Name>gMKVToolNix</Name>
     </ProjectReference>
--- a/gMKVExtractGUI.sln
+++ b/gMKVExtractGUI.sln
@@ -5,7 +5,7 @@
 MinimumVisualStudioVersion = 10.0.40219.1
 Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "gMKVExtractGUI", "gMKVExtractGUI\gMKVExtractGUI.csproj", "{20EBEFF3-C838-4239-A236-EC055BF51398}"
 EndProject
-Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "gMKVToolNix", "gMKVToolNix\gMKVToolNix.csproj", "{82FC8FA8-50C0-44FA-8801-80050C0ED89F}"
+Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "gMKVToolNix", "gMKVToolNix\gMKVToolnix.csproj", "{82FC8FA8-50C0-44FA-8801-80050C0ED89F}"
 EndProject
 Global
 	GlobalSection(SolutionConfigurationPlatforms) = preSolution
djcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 19:13   #264  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Thanks for your feedback, sorry for the delay...

I believe the issue should be fixed in r118.
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 11:21   #265  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

gMKVExtractGUI v1.9.0

New version 1.9.0 is out and it has some important changes. First of all, gMKVExtractGUI from now on will require .NET Framework v4 instead of v2. The main reason for this change was that newer Windows versions (8.1+) come with .NET v4 prebundled, while you have to download .NET v3.5 separately. Since .NET v4 is the last version that is supported by WinXP, I hope that there won't be any compatibility issues. Also, gMKVExtractGUI from now on will use the JSON output from mkvmerge and not the verbose text, so a JSON parser was required and Newtonsoft.Json.dll now comes bundled. In order to keep backwards compatibility, the JSON output will be used only for MKVToolNix version v9.6.0 and newer. Another change, that is untested since I don't have the required setup, is that now the app is DPI aware, so if anyone has the necessary setup, I would really appreciate the feedback!

Download link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmk....0.7z/download

Changelog:
  • Switch to .NET v4
  • Add new JSON parser for reading the JSON identification info from mkvmerge (Based on NewtonSoft JSON.NET, Newtonsoft.Json.dll)
  • Fix issues with Linux case sensitivity (hopefully!) (thanks djcj!)
  • Fix locale issues with Linux (hopefully!) (thanks djcj and Mosu!)
  • Make application dpi aware (thanks stax76!)
  • Fix initial size when there is no ini file (thanks bin_ch!)
  • Fix bug when in job mode and popup checkbox is unchecked and adding a job results in status label showing "Extraction completed!" (thanks bin_ch!)
  • Switch to using SaveFileDialog and OpenFileDialog instead of FolderBrowserDialog (thanks arestarh!)
  • Fix rare case where Track properties in mkvmerge verbose identification occupy more than one line
  • Change namespace from gMKVToolnix to gMKVToolNix

Enjoy people!
Old 21st December 2016, 17:59   #266  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

DPI aware ?????
i think we're gonna have a problem here sir
Old 21st December 2016, 18:05   #267  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Hmm, it seems that the initial minimum size is not enough in those HighDPI environments.
You can however resize the windows and it will be automatically saved and remembered next time you run it.

Thanks for your feedback!

PS.
However, it does look a lot crisper now, doesn't it?
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:11   #268  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpower2 View Post
New version 1.9.0 is out and it has some important changes. First of all, gMKVExtractGUI from now on will require .NET Framework v4 instead of v2. The main reason for this change was that newer Windows versions (8.1+) come with .NET v4 prebundled, while you have to download .NET v3.5 separately. Since .NET v4 is the last version that is supported by WinXP, I hope that there won't be any compatibility issues.
Just thought I'd let you know gMKVEtractGUI seems fine with MKVToolNix 9.6.0 on XP so far.

Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:20   #269  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

@hello_hello
That is excellent! Thanks for the feedback!

@djcj
Could you check r126 to see if it works as expected? I think I finally solved all of Linux issues, both at build time and runtime.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:15   #270  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Problem with Toolnix 9.7.1

Installs fine but when I click Extract I get this error.

Windows 10 Prof
gMKVExtract v 1.9.0.7
Attached Images

DVD Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2017, 22:20   #271  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

@DVD Maniac

Hi there and happy new year!
Your attachment got approved today and I was surprised to see that the title bar of the form in gMKVExtractGUI does not have the version! It should be "gMKVExtractGUI v1.9.0.0 -- By Gpower2" and not just "gMKVExtractGUI". Are you sure you are using the latest version from SourceForge site?
In any case, could you press the Log button and paste the contents here?
Old 20th February 2017, 02:20   #272  |  Link
djcj

Quote:
@djcj
Could you check r126 to see if it works as expected? I think I finally solved all of Linux issues, both at build time and runtime.
I could check how it works on Linux, sure.

By the way you should probably include Newtonsoft.Json's license text or a link to its Github site in your Libs folder.
Now that I think about it, the icon may be GPL, since it's based on MKVToolNix's icon.

Update:

So far it's working, but only if I build the binaries from source with Mono. If I use your pre-compiled version I get this "No mkv segments were provided" error. There is also a little layout issue as seen on the screenshot. The progress bar still doesn't work, by the way.
Attached Images

Last edited by djcj; 20th February 2017 at 15:53.
Old 19th March 2017, 02:30   #273  |  Link
Bal65

Windows 7 Pro
gMKVextract v1.9.0
MKVtoolNix v9.9.0

gMKVextract doesn't remember screen width & height between sessions.

If I look in gMKVExtractGUI.ini "after" it's been closed, the values match whatever screen size I set using the mouse to stretch it out, but next time it starts it always reverts to 640x600 and overwrites the previous values "immediately" upon startup.

Note, if I start it maximized, it remembers that setting.

Also, if I set a specific Output Directory and click the "lock" option, while it writes the directory value into gMKVExtractGUI.ini, it doesn't actually use it when restarted (i.e. the Output Directory box is empty and the lock option is unchecked.)
Bal65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 18:57   #274  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

gMKVExtractGUI v1.9.1

New version 1.9.1 is out and it is more of a bug fix release, especially for Linux. Hopefully now the compiled binaries should work out of the box on Linux (tested them on Ubuntu).
@Bal65 I believe the settings should have no problem now, however if you're still having problems, please check the Log form for the detected settings path and post the results here. Thanks for the feedback!

Download link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmk....1.7z/download

Changelog:
  • Implement new method to read standard output character by character (fixes Linux parsing)
  • Replace hard-coded newline characters with Environment.NewLine
  • Improve parsing of mkvinfo output
  • Add exceptions to the log
  • Change version identification in Linux
  • Add more sanity checks
  • Fix copy-paste bugs in Settings
  • Add more log messages in Settings
  • Simplify version checking for Linux and OSX for mkvinfo and mkvmerge
  • Fix small cosmetic bug for Linux in main Form
  • Add LICENSE.md for NewtonSoft
  • Add log for detecting versions
  • When on Linux, check for mkvmerge in /usr/bin first

Enjoy people!
Old 20th March 2017, 04:29   #275  |  Link
djcj

The progress is displayed correctly if I set my environment variable LANGUAGE to C or en_US.UTF-8, otherwise it stays at 0% until it's finished. It looks like --ui-language doesn't do the thing.

Code:
--- gMKVExtractGUI/Program.cs
+++ gMKVExtractGUI/Program.cs
@@ -37,13 +37,13 @@
             {
                 // If on Linux, set the enironmnet variables for locale to C (default locale)
                 // Actually set to en_US.UTF-8 locale in order to support UTF-8 filenames in Linux
-                //// After clearing things with Mosu, this is not necessary anymore, since --ui-language is more than enough!
-                //if (IsOnLinux)
-                //{
-                //    Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("LC_ALL", "en_US.UTF-8", EnvironmentVariableTarget.Process);
-                //    Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("LANG", "en_US.UTF-8", EnvironmentVariableTarget.Process);
-                //    Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("LC_MESSAGES", "en_US.UTF-8", EnvironmentVariableTarget.Process);
-                //}
+                if (IsOnLinux)
+                {
+                    Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("LC_ALL", "en_US.UTF-8", EnvironmentVariableTarget.Process);
+                    Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("LANG", "en_US.UTF-8", EnvironmentVariableTarget.Process);
+                    Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("LC_MESSAGES", "en_US.UTF-8", EnvironmentVariableTarget.Process);
+                    Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("LANGUAGE", "en_US.UTF-8", EnvironmentVariableTarget.Process);
+                }
                 Application.Run(new frmMain());
             }
         }
Old 20th March 2017, 07:51   #276  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

That's quite troubling...
I guess my box plays nicely because I already have en_US locale.
Could you post the log of both cases in order to further troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks for all your feedback!
Old 20th March 2017, 14:27   #277  |  Link
djcj

I've attached 2 logs. By default my language is set to de_DE.UTF-8.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log_de.txt (8.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: txt log_en.txt (8.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 20th March 2017, 15:53   #278  |  Link
Bal65

Nope, still having the same problem.

The Detected settings path in the log is always the "same" directory containing the 3 main program files (i.e. if they're in C:\Temp\gMKVextract, that's the path detected and where the initial gMKVExtractGUI.ini gets created.)

Just so we're clear about what's happening...

One the very first run, gMKVExtractGUI.exe creates a new gMKVExtractGUI.ini with a set of default settings.
  1. The values in that new gMKVExtractGUI.ini change whenever I resize the GUI window and/or set the various paths (FYI, the values change "dynamical" as I resize the GUI or input paths.)
  2. Those values remain whatever they are when I exit the program.
However, when I restart gMKVExtractGUI.exe, even if I simple shut it down and restart it, it always overwrites the existing gMKVExtractGUI.ini thus reverting back to its default settings.

It's like gMKVExtractGUI.exe isn't detecting there's an existing gMKVExtractGUI.ini so it always creates a new one?!?!
Old 20th March 2017, 16:01   #279  |  Link
Bal65

Nope, still having the same problem.

The Detected settings path in the log is always the "same" directory containing the 3 main program files (i.e. if they're in C:\Temp\gMKVextract, that's the path detected and where the initial gMKVExtractGUI.ini gets created.)

Just so we're clear about what's happening...

One the very first run, gMKVExtractGUI.exe creates a new gMKVExtractGUI.ini with a set of default settings.
  1. The values in that new gMKVExtractGUI.ini change whenever I resize the GUI window and/or set the various paths (FYI, the values change "dynamical" as I resize the GUI or input paths.)
  2. Those values remain whatever they are when I exit the program.
However, when I restart gMKVExtractGUI.exe, even if I simple shut it down and restart it, it always overwrites the existing gMKVExtractGUI.ini thus reverting back to its default settings.

It's like gMKVExtractGUI.exe isn't detecting there's an existing gMKVExtractGUI.ini so it always creates a new one?!?!
Old 21st March 2017, 16:33   #280  |  Link
Bal65

Quote:
@Bal65 I believe the settings should have no problem now, however if you're still having problems, please check the Log form for the detected settings path and post the results here. Thanks for the feedback!
Still not remembering the settings.

Detected settings path in the log "always" matches whatever directory the main program is located in.

FYI, the values in the ini file do change as I resize the window or if I type something into the Output Directory field and those settings remain "what they were" after I close the program. The problem happens the next time I start it up.

Everything in the ini file reverts back to the initial settings just as if the main program is either not detecting the ini already exists or it's resetting the values to their defaults prior to actually reading them.

Tags
extractor, gmkvextractgui, matroska, mkv, mkv extract, mkvextract, mkvextractgui