Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th February 2011, 16:03   #9081  |  Link
DJ-1

Have been using stuff like AsxGui etc, was wondering what ripbot was like, for example_
1: can my customize my own output profile and save It?

2: does this rely on stuff allready installed in PC or is all the codecs etc all self contained within ripbot?

3: will this convert from a dts-ma entire source or just the dts-core?

Thanks.
DJ-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 17:16   #9082  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-1 View Post
Have been using stuff like AsxGui etc, was wondering what ripbot was like, for example_
1: can my customize my own output profile and save It?

2: does this rely on stuff allready installed in PC or is all the codecs etc all self contained within ripbot?

3: will this convert from a dts-ma entire source or just the dts-core?

Thanks.
1. yes you can manually specify any x264 switches and save them. each profile has a corresponding text file...or you can edit the profile in ripbot itself

2. yes you must install / have things: ffdshow, avisynth, haali, Java

3. you can do either
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 18:50   #9083  |  Link
ketchup318

Hi

I've been using Ripbot 1.16.3 for a while now and have switched to 1.16.4. I have noticed that MP4box isn't addressing files over 2Gb. Then I compared the two versions and realized that 1.16.3 has the gpac patch and another dll library and that isn't included in 1.16.4. Although the newer version of mp4box is significantly bigger. Maybe the dynamic library and patch are included but isn't working? Anyone else having this problem?

I was also wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the three audio options; wave, flac and core. Is core, the 1.5mb/s, 5.1 core version of TrueHD. It sounds like wave rips a separate wave file for each audio channel. And flac, well, flac is lossless and sounds like it compresses better. I have a nice home theater setup at home and would like to have the best possible audio, whether that be Dolby-THD or DTS MA. But it doesn't seem like Ripbot supports that currently.

So I'm wondering which option is better, and is it possible to keep the original best audio track. An hour episode on blu ray is like 9Gb with a crf of 20. The audio track is about 200Mb for ac3. I'd rather keep the best track possible. Thanks.
ketchup318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 19:22   #9084  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup318 View Post
I was also wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the three audio options; wave, flac and core. Is core, the 1.5mb/s, 5.1 core version of TrueHD. It sounds like wave rips a separate wave file for each audio channel. And flac, well, flac is lossless and sounds like it compresses better. I have a nice home theater setup at home and would like to have the best possible audio, whether that be Dolby-THD or DTS MA. But it doesn't seem like Ripbot supports that currently.

So I'm wondering which option is better, and is it possible to keep the original best audio track. An hour episode on blu ray is like 9Gb with a crf of 20. The audio track is about 200Mb for ac3. I'd rather keep the best track possible. Thanks.
dude, the audio options were just discussed. while you obviously can't be expected to go through 455 pages of posts you could try checking the page you're on / the one before it.
fyi TrueHD does not have a 1.5mbps core, it (generally) has a 640kbps core. DTS-HD HR/MA will (once again, generally) have a 1.5mbps core. Lossless and compression do not simultaneously coincide. with compression is quality loss, even if in negligible or minimal amounts. Depending on your home theater setup you probably can't play FLAC...unless you have something like a WDTV / HTPC / some other media player. RipBot doesn't support HD audio stream copying, if you want to keep them just mux them in after encoding.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:13   #9085  |  Link
DJ-1

OK, so just as a rough guide aac audio @ 128kbps@=approximately same as mp3 @240kbps.

Any1 here got bit-rate Vs quality with aac vs flac, or flac vs Lpcm, ogg... etc.

Also, in AC3. ..... ac3 is the container but what is the audio codec/whatever inside?

Cheers

Last edited by DJ-1; 11th February 2011 at 22:02.
Old 11th February 2011, 22:44   #9086  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
OK, so just as a rough guide aac audio @ 128kbps@=approximately same as mp3 @240kbps.
I would rather say mp3@192kbps

Quote:
Also, in AC3. ..... ac3 is the container but what is the audio codec/whatever inside?
AC3
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 23:13   #9087  |  Link
ketchup318

pacaveli211: thanks for the reply. Sorry about the double post, I guess I didn't refresh the page since yesterday. I'm actually using an Apple TV2 and streaming from my server. I've tested a few encoded MP4's with the flac option and it seems to work fine.
I was going to start ripping to MKV and I see the option for copy stream. Is this the same as tsmuxing the HD track (DTS-MA or Dolby THD), then mkvmerge'ing the the audio to the encoded video?
Old 12th February 2011, 02:37   #9088  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
I was going to start ripping to MKV and I see the option for copy stream. Is this the same as tsmuxing the HD track (DTS-MA or Dolby THD), then mkvmerge'ing the the audio to the encoded video?
ripbot doesn't support copying HD audio (excluding the exception someone found the other day in which it'll copy DTS-HDMA from an mkv). so if you're seeing 'copy stream' it's just referring to the core or whatever is in the job folder
Old 12th February 2011, 07:16   #9089  |  Link
alpine_92

Hey. Does RipBot convert TrueHD to AC3 when encoding a movie? For example: I added transformers and now demuxing audio streams. When its done, it reads the video, but it says no audio. Any sugestion?
alpine_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 15:37   #9090  |  Link
DJ-1

erm, ok....Ripbot looking ok for now, I did notice that when trying to select flac as audio i got an error from eac3to saying that MSVCP71.dll was missing

i found that dll on google, BUT it wont play ball
i know the process of what i`m doing is ok, as i re-registered an existing .dll that was allready there.

I assume i`ve got the wrong type of dll ?

I have Win7 Home Premium 64Bit

so do i look for a 32bit/64bit dll ?
also there seems to be .com + .net types too.......confused ! LOL

any1 got a link to a GOOD dll ? (since theres bound to be ppl here run into the same issue)

thanks.

Last edited by DJ-1; 12th February 2011 at 17:41.
Old 12th February 2011, 16:45   #9091  |  Link
pacaveli211

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...92#post1455692
Old 12th February 2011, 16:56   #9092  |  Link
DJ-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
cheers just looked at that, problem is i looked on google for the .dll and there a couple, different sizes etc.... i get a msg about maybe its not compatible with my Windows version when trying to register it, will the .dll be on my Official windows disc?, do i need a 64bit dll, or 32bit ?

cheers

edit: also, i have got that .dll in the WOW64 folder aswell.
when in cmd, it looks like C:Windows\system32>regsvr32 msvcp71.dll
if i place in sysWOW64 what happens in cmd ?

Last edited by DJ-1; 12th February 2011 at 17:41.
Old 12th February 2011, 17:35   #9093  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Windows version when trying to register it, will the .dll be on my Official windows disc?
don't know, maybe. search for just msvcp as it may be named msvcp.dl_ or whatever they do with the filenames on the disc
Quote:
do i need a 64bit dll, or 32bit?
well I dunno....do you have x86 or x64 windows.....

Quote:
edit: also, i have got that .dll in the WOW64 folder aswell.
when in cmd, it looks like C:Windows\system32>regsvr32 msvcp.dll
if i place in sysWOW64 what happens in cmd ?
...blah
yes you need to change the path if you want to register the file in wow64 as well.

also...if you're getting an error that "MSVCP71.dll was missing"
you might want to be doing such things with MSVCP71.dll, not MSVCP.dll

Last edited by pacaveli211; 12th February 2011 at 17:38.
Old 12th February 2011, 17:50   #9094  |  Link
DJ-1

Quote:
don't know, maybe. search for just msvcp as it may be named msvcp.dl_ or whatever they do with the filenames on the disc

well I dunno....do you have x86 or x64 windows.....
64bit... i put up on original post earlier

[/QUOTE]...blah
yes you need to change the path if you want to register the file in wow64 as well.[/QUOTE]

erm ok, tried this, but i`m crap with cmd
I tried C: \
C: \>Windows\sysWOW64>regsvr32 msvcp71.dll = "invalid syntax crap"

also
C: \>Windows\sysWOW64>regsvr msvcp71.dll = "invalid syntax crap"

[/QUOTE]also...if you're getting an error that "MSVCP71.dll was missing"
you might want to be doing such things with MSVCP71.dll, not MSVCP.dll[/QUOTE]

my bad...typo
Old 12th February 2011, 18:14   #9095  |  Link
Olala

There's a problem with RB264 1.16.4 latest version here

I'm using Win 7 + KIS 2011 and my lappy tells that there are 3 viruses HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic in .7z file. The problem that I haven't seen before

What's wrong with this upgrade version ?

Could anyone tells me how to do right now (
Olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 18:35   #9096  |  Link
CrazyBricker

Thanks again, pacaveli211. I just redone a few movies that had the subtitles out of sync which were done with Handbrake and they are perfect now. RipBot is a better program for what I need to do. It does take longer to convert them but oh well. Atleast now I don't have to worry about the subtitles being out of sync any more.
CrazyBricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 18:41   #9097  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

According to this:
http://www.dts.com/DownloadDocument....2-cda9554bb6a5

DTS Core is the "legacy" audio provided for systems that do not support the Extension. In older systems, you just listen to the Core. In modern systems, the decoder takes the core (lossy), then compares the data with the Extension (lossless) and applies the extra data that needs to be played and are lost in the core to deliver the best possible audio experience.

Bottom line, if you don't have a decoder that support DTS-HD (and I mean a hardware one), just using the Core option to demux and then copy stream, you will hear the exact same sound you would hear by demuxing the DTS-HD channel and mux it in the mkv yourself. Minus about 1GB of audio data.

So unless you have a home theater equipment (decoder) that supports it, just copy the Core.

Last edited by afonic; 12th February 2011 at 18:42. Reason: Removed quote.
afonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 18:47   #9098  |  Link
ketchup318

Hey DJ-1

I had that msvcp71.dll problem too. The way I fixed it was I just moved the downloaded .dll to windows\system32. Ripbot also complained about a msvcr71.dll file too. I downloaded and moved it there too and haven't had a problem since.

afonic:
So if I do have a receiver that decodes DTS-MA and Dolby-THD, I need to manually demux the m2ts, have ripbot encode the video (without audio) and then use mkvmerge to join the 'raw' audio and the encoded video together, to get the full audio experience? Hmm... doesn't sound too bad, just an extra two steps.

Last edited by ketchup318; 12th February 2011 at 18:52.
Old 12th February 2011, 19:45   #9099  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
64bit... i put up on original post earlier

erm ok, tried this, but i`m crap with cmd
I tried C: \
C: \>Windows\sysWOW64>regsvr32 msvcp71.dll = "invalid syntax crap"

also
C: \>Windows\sysWOW64>regsvr msvcp71.dll = "invalid syntax crap"

my bad...typo
my statement about x64 was rhetorical, even though you posted earlier...it's quite obvious you have x64 since you have a wow64 folder =P
I dunno exactly what you're putting into command prompt but try this: regsvr32 C:\Windows\sysWOW64\msvcp71.dll
I dunno if you actually need to register the file so much as just making sure it's there:
Quote:
Hey DJ-1

I had that msvcp71.dll problem too. The way I fixed it was I just moved the downloaded .dll to windows\system32. Ripbot also complained about a msvcr71.dll file too. I downloaded and moved it there too and haven't had a problem since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olala View Post
There's a problem with RB264 1.16.4 latest version here

I'm using Win 7 + KIS 2011 and my lappy tells that there are 3 viruses HEUR:Trojan.Win32.Generic in .7z file. The problem that I haven't seen before

What's wrong with this upgrade version ?

Could anyone tells me how to do right now (
false positives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBricker View Post
Thanks again, pacaveli211. I just redone a few movies that had the subtitles out of sync which were done with Handbrake and they are perfect now. RipBot is a better program for what I need to do. It does take longer to convert them but oh well. Atleast now I don't have to worry about the subtitles being out of sync any more.
if you have x64 windows make sure x64 x264 is enabled, that'll make it go a bit faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonic View Post
According to this:
http://www.dts.com/DownloadDocument....2-cda9554bb6a5

DTS Core is the "legacy" audio provided for systems that do not support the Extension. In older systems, you just listen to the Core. In modern systems, the decoder takes the core (lossy), then compares the data with the Extension (lossless) and applies the extra data that needs to be played and are lost in the core to deliver the best possible audio experience.

Bottom line, if you don't have a decoder that support DTS-HD (and I mean a hardware one), just using the Core option to demux and then copy stream, you will hear the exact same sound you would hear by demuxing the DTS-HD channel and mux it in the mkv yourself. Minus about 1GB of audio data.

So unless you have a home theater equipment (decoder) that supports it, just copy the Core.
Quote:
So if I do have a receiver that decodes DTS-MA and Dolby-THD, I need to manually demux the m2ts, have ripbot encode the video (without audio) and then use mkvmerge to join the 'raw' audio and the encoded video together, to get the full audio experience? Hmm... doesn't sound too bad, just an extra two steps.
yes, just manually demux / remux it back in
if your source is true bluray you should get used to scanning with bdinfo / and demuxing using the playlist via eac3to
this is sometimes necessary because of multi m2ts/branched movies and audio overlaps
Old 12th February 2011, 20:30   #9100  |  Link
CrazyBricker

Quote:
if you have x64 windows make sure x64 x264 is enabled, that'll make it go a bit faster.
No kiddin'? Yes, I have Window 7 Ultimate 64bit. How do I enable that? I just looked thru the settings and I don't see it anywhere. Thanks, that would help.

Last edited by CrazyBricker; 12th February 2011 at 20:32.
CrazyBricker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360