Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd January 2015, 03:55   #1061  |  Link
Anime Viewer
Troubleshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
Options | General | Window. Uncheck resize window to fit when opening media.
Anyone else have their video open in extremely small windows (ex: 393x221 pixels)? I'm not sure why all videos seem to be opening in that shrunk size by default. If I go to View -> Fit to 100% video the video takes on its default size that it should have opened with (ex: 1280x720).

Anywhere in the configuration files I should look for this screwed up resolution that it seems to like opening files in if the "Resize window to fit when opening media" and "Reset window size when closing media" boxes are unchecked?
Old 23rd January 2015, 05:17   #1062  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Viewer View Post
Anyone else have their video open in extremely small windows (ex: 393x221 pixels)? I'm not sure why all videos seem to be opening in that shrunk size by default. If I go to View -> Fit to 100% video the video takes on its default size that it should have opened with (ex: 1280x720).

Anywhere in the configuration files I should look for this screwed up resolution that it seems to like opening files in if the "Resize window to fit when opening media" and "Reset window size when closing media" boxes are unchecked?
Can't replicate your issue - when both of those are unchecked, window size doesn't change at all when opening / closing video files.
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:04   #1063  |  Link
Zachs

Upcoming PlayerExtension API changes (MPDN v2.19)

Attn: All PlayerExtension developers

There's an upcoming change that will affect all MPDN PlayerExtension developers. After discussing with Shiandow, it was decided that IPlayerControl should be accessible globally in the scripts for various reasons.

As such, you'll find the latest changes in my work branch on github as examples (EDIT: Shiandow will announce what you need to change in a little while, if any) - so if you could, please update your code (shouldn't take more than a few seconds). MPDN v2.19.0 test version is available for download here (Developers only!!!).

Last edited by Zachs; 23rd January 2015 at 13:17.
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:41   #1064  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
As such, you'll find the latest changes in my work branch on github as examples (EDIT: Shiandow will announce what you need to change in a little while, if any) - so if you could, please update your code (shouldn't take more than a few seconds). MPDN v2.19.0 test version is available for download here (Developers only!!!).
Well I made the necessary changes in my work branch, but if you don't like to merge with that (since you've made some other changes for instance) then you can easily do it yourself by replacing all "IPlayerControl" variables with the static PlayerControl, and removing the IPlayerControl argument from the IPlayerExtension.Initialize method (and maybe some other methods, but it should be relatively straightforward from there on).
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:02   #1065  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiandow View Post
Well I made the necessary changes in my work branch, but if you don't like to merge with that (since you've made some other changes for instance) then you can easily do it yourself by replacing all "IPlayerControl" variables with the static PlayerControl, and removing the IPlayerControl argument from the IPlayerExtension.Initialize method (and maybe some other methods, but it should be relatively straightforward from there on).
Cool. I've merged your branch with mine and did some cleanup on my code. I've refactored some code in my brach so the merge ended up being a nightmare.

@Zachs Thanks for the events.
DeadlyEmbrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 12:51   #1066  |  Link
Garteal

Thanks for the heads-up. I thought it was kinda a strange approach having to do it the initial way. Glad to see the concept (design) improve. Will be updating and continuing work on the extension.
Garteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 13:06   #1067  |  Link
Zachs

@AnimeViewer

I've just implemented multi-subpic support for XySubFilter, along with some optimizations on how the frame is delivered to the renderer for v2.19.0.
Happy to say on my system, the queue only goes down by 3 frames from maximum at most with that test clip you uploaded.
Old 24th January 2015, 13:40   #1068  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

More event requests.
Could you please add an event for when the selected active subtitle is changed and a similar one for when the active audio track is changed?
Old 24th January 2015, 13:43   #1069  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyEmbrace View Post
More event requests.
Could you please add an event for when the selected active subtitle is changed and a similar one for when the active audio track is changed?
LOL I figured - just saw your commits.
Will do that for the next release.
Can you compile a list of events you think would be useful so I could do them all in one go?
Old 24th January 2015, 13:59   #1070  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

Quote:
LOL I figured - just saw your commits.
Will do that for the next release.
Can you compile a list of events you think would be useful so I could do them all in one go?
Awesome, thanks.
I'll give it some thought. From a quick look over it seems those are the only ones atm though.
Old 24th January 2015, 14:01   #1071  |  Link
Zachs

Yeah I had a quick look myself and it seems to be the only ones missing. I'll add those and release a .1 in a while - since ryrynz also found FSE re-enter delay not working.

Done. v2.19.1 released.

Last edited by Zachs; 24th January 2015 at 14:18.
Old 24th January 2015, 20:01   #1072  |  Link
DeadlyEmbrace

Hi everyone

New version of the MPDN Remote is available (v1.1.0)
- Display and select audio track(s)
- Display and select subtitle track(s)
- Display and select chapter(s)
- Adjusting of volume
- Mute/unmute
- Bugfixes

The new remote will work with the current extension, but most of the features won't be available. As soon as the updated extension is merged with the current PlayerExtensions all functionality will be available.

Available here: https://github.com/DeadlyEmbrace/MPD...rol_v1.1.0.zip
Old 24th January 2015, 23:19   #1073  |  Link
Zachs

I've just merged Deadly's new remote code so all functionalities should now work if you re-download player extensions.

Will update OP later with remote client v1.1.0.

Thanks so much deadly!
Old 25th January 2015, 03:04   #1074  |  Link
Anime Viewer
Troubleshooter

Quote:
@AnimeViewer

I've just implemented multi-subpic support for XySubFilter, along with some optimizations on how the frame is delivered to the renderer for v2.19.0.
Happy to say on my system, the queue only goes down by 3 frames from maximum at most with that test clip you uploaded.
Happy to say my queues stay nice and high (not dropping at all until the video is over from what I noticed) with that test video. Nice Job on making a fix for that Subtitle issue!

On a not so good note. I'm now noticing a "Sequence contains no elements" error when I open a video, maximize the window, or shrink it back to its default size. Any suggestions for trouble shooting?

After I copied the new player, new scripts, and new player extensions I got a couple of other error (shown in the attached picture). The one on the far left occurred when opening files. The top right one occurred when trying to close files (the only way to close it was by ending the task in task manager). Both of those were solved by recopying the render-script files again. The only remaining error is the "sequence" one.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/vfv8ua.jpg

Edit: I have both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions installed, and the 32-bit doesn't generate the error. Only the 64-bit appears to generate the error.

Edit: I've done some searching, and it appears the sequence error may be related to coding and a SingleOrDefault entry:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ns-no-elements
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...projectgeneral

Last edited by Anime Viewer; 25th January 2015 at 03:43.
Anime Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 03:21   #1075  |  Link
romulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Viewer View Post
I'm now noticing a "Sequence contains no elements" error when I open a video
Same. Play from Pause also triggers it.
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 04:46   #1076  |  Link
Zachs

Replicated the problem and fixed in next release.

EDIT: Fixed and released v2.19.2.

Last edited by Zachs; 25th January 2015 at 04:56.
Old 25th January 2015, 20:19   #1077  |  Link
Dazog

Could we get a "On Top while playing video" option?

Meaning when we pause the video, the player won't be on top of all other open windows.

Also In Minimalist mode, we don't have a way to tell how far we are into a video. No time displayed. Can we can option for that?

Thank you again, for all the hard work. Awesome player.
Dazog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 02:44   #1078  |  Link
SamuelMaki

Started to crash when opening files with ffdshow post processing enabled again. Here is the windows crash message:
Quote:
Ongelman tunniste:
Ongelmatapahtuman nimi: APPCRASH
Sovelluksen nimi: MediaPlayerDotNet.exe
Sovelluksen versio: 2.19.2.2937
Sovelluksen aikaleima: 54c467f6
Vikamoduulin nimi: StackHash_0a9e
Vikamoduulin versio: 0.0.0.0
Vikamoduulin aikaleima: 00000000
Poikkeuskoodi: c0000005
Poikkeuksen poikkeama: 00000000
Käyttöjärjestelmän versio: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Aluekohtaisten asetusten tunnus: 1035
Lisätietoja 1: 0a9e
Lisätietoja 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Lisätietoja 3: 0a9e
Lisätietoja 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Hopefully that is MPDN bug and not ffdshow one? (Since it is dead project) Sorry for the Finnish gibberish, hopefully you make some sense out of it.

EDIT: Actually this was some sort of bug since reinstalling ffdshow and avisyth.dll fixed it (I did lack the .dll on syswow64 after updating MPDN for some reason unknown to me...). Seems to happen with every update as far as I can tell. Are you sure MPDN is not touching any avisynth related files? Though now I know which file to put in which folder I can happily just copy paste it after every update anyway.

Last edited by SamuelMaki; 26th January 2015 at 02:58.
SamuelMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 11:49   #1079  |  Link
Shiandow

Just a heads up, I pushed an update to the renderscripts that improved the speed of the debanding algorithm quite a bit. In theory this change could change the image quality slightly but as far as I can tell this effect is not noticeable.

Edit: And some tweaks to the SuperRes / SuperChromaRes algorithms.

Last edited by Shiandow; 26th January 2015 at 22:47.
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 04:22   #1080  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazog View Post
Could we get a "On Top while playing video" option?

Meaning when we pause the video, the player won't be on top of all other open windows.

Also In Minimalist mode, we don't have a way to tell how far we are into a video. No time displayed. Can we can option for that?

Thank you again, for all the hard work. Awesome player.
You can always choose to show status bar even in minimalist mode.
Always on top only when playing option would be a good feature to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelMaki View Post
Started to crash when opening files with ffdshow post processing enabled again. Here is the windows crash message:

Hopefully that is MPDN bug and not ffdshow one? (Since it is dead project) Sorry for the Finnish gibberish, hopefully you make some sense out of it.

EDIT: Actually this was some sort of bug since reinstalling ffdshow and avisyth.dll fixed it (I did lack the .dll on syswow64 after updating MPDN for some reason unknown to me...). Seems to happen with every update as far as I can tell. Are you sure MPDN is not touching any avisynth related files? Though now I know which file to put in which folder I can happily just copy paste it after every update anyway.
MPDN doesn't know you've updated it, or that you're even using Avisynth with it... So no, it has nothing to do with MPDN I'm afraid.

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock