Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 14th March 2011, 07:57   #921  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I'll offer configuration to control which formats it'll accept, but i don't know when i'll implement that.
Old 14th March 2011, 10:08   #922  |  Link
bjd

Quote:
Thanks bjd - it is ugly but it works
Yes it is ugly and dirty and aplogies to Hendrik for hacking his filter.

It is just a shame that the JJ Media software with so many features falls down on filter customisation.
bjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 11:17   #923  |  Link
jmone

Yeah - there has been a push for filter selection by stream type VS filetype in JR MC but .... at the end of they day, I've now got full bitrate/bitdepth decoding of all Audio with LAVAudioDecoder + TMT for DTS-MA with direct show filters. . Hendrik's config option will make it "easer" but the ultimate solution is when/if full DTS-MA decoding support is included in ffmpeg (but I'm not holding my breath).
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 11:40   #924  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

@All

I have been trying to find bug-tickets over at FFmpeg, things are kind of unstable over there, but i have not been able to find any tickets regarding the non-working features such as DTS-HD, DTS-26/96 and Ordered chapters.
I can imagine DTS-HD tickets being closed with "completely unsupported" but the mkv problems are missing features of otherwise correctly implemented formats.

The best chance of getting things like these added is to provide a very (and i cannot stress the very enough) accurate and complete ticket that shows in detail how and why ffmpeg (using ffplay) currently fails to correctly play the file and why it should be able to (prove its not a hacked of malformed file), including small samples that clearly show the problem. From what i saw tickets that where actually submitted where fixed quite quickly for related issues in the past.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:00   #925  |  Link
pankov

I was one of the users that reported that ordered chapters (different "versions" of the movie - Extended/Theater) are not working with LAVSplitter but sadly I have absolutely no knowledge in ffmpeg/ffplay or mkv authoring so I apologize that I won't be able to provide such short samples or a way to create them.
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 19:37   #926  |  Link
Ger

I haven't tried it, but maybe this can help?
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 19:55   #927  |  Link
Virtual_ManPL
Virtual_ManPL

Some update, because stable (not beta anymore ) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 is available.

Redistributable Packages:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Can someone reproduce this issue ? Or it's just problem on my end. I get more and more frame dropping in some files with LAVFSplitter
BUG #31 - Frame dropping in some certain files
Virtual_ManPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 20:14   #928  |  Link
robpdotcom

I'll post some ordered chapter and segment linking samples later today.
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 20:29   #929  |  Link
Ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual_ManPL View Post
Can someone reproduce this issue ? Or it's just problem on my end. I get more and more frame dropping in some files with LAVFSplitter
BUG #31 - Frame dropping in some certain files
I actually tried that sample the other day, but I still haven't gotten around to signing up at github , so I didn't comment yet.

It seems to me that this is one of these VFR (Variable Frame Rate) files. If you look at the EVR Custom stats (CTRL-J) in MPC-HC it seems to try to lock at a whopping 359.635 Hz when LAV Splitter is used with EVR Custom. This seems to choke the internal decoder (i.e. drops almost all frames) when EVR Custom's Vsync is enabled (can be disabled with the v key).

With the internal Matroska splitter the stats show more sensible values, and you can see the FrameR value lock at 29.970 then suddenly change to 23.976 or to 25.000 during playback.

So yes, I can reproduce if the right combination of splitter/decoder/renderer is used.
Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 20:44   #930  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I'm grabing a VFR sample, maybe there is something trivial to fix this..
Old 14th March 2011, 21:16   #931  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I'm grabing a VFR sample, maybe there is something trivial to fix this..
Looks like the frame rate switch confuses ffmpeg, not sure if there is something easy to do. I'll look into it. For the time being, use ffdshow, it seems to deal with it properly.
Old 14th March 2011, 22:10   #932  |  Link
robpdotcom

@tetsuo55:

Here are samples of three different methods of ordered chapters and segment linking. They are short audio clips, with no video - but they work the same.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2UA3LAHF
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 09:56   #933  |  Link
Sebastiii

Hi,

I have adapt a old patch for ordered chapter : Ordered Chapter Patch
Not working 100% but maybe a start
Seb.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:41   #934  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The patch is really ugly, mostly because it trys to implement segment linking and ordered chapters in one go, instead of implementing one of the features first, and the other later.
Old 15th March 2011, 14:58   #935  |  Link
Sebastiii

Thanks, Nevcairiel,
Yep, it would be nice to make it good and separate in 2. I can try but not sure to achieve it.
Seb.
Old 16th March 2011, 10:18   #936  |  Link
hoborg

@nevcairiel:
Thanks for your work on LAVF. I did some fast tests with .18 and lot of issues a had are gone. What i found:

- Some MPEG-1 MPG samples won't open, fall back to "MPEG-I Stream Splitter".
EDIT: Fixed after added .MPG to registry
- if i try to play WAV with DTS inside, it wont play correctly
EDIT: it happend with all *.DTS files.
- some FLV play at wrong speed (old issue)

Samples can be found here.

Some feture requests:
- FFDshow alow map keyboard shotrcuts to change audio/subtitles streams. I am using this im my HTPC - i maped my remote controler to this shortcuts, so i can change audio/subtitles tracks on thy fly by remote in any DirectShow based players. Something like this will be usefull in LAVF too.
- what about modify registry durning "LAVSplitter.ax" registration? For example i must added .MKV and other extensions to registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\) with LAVF source CLSID "{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}". For example DC-Bass Source Filter doing it automatically durning registration. There is ini file with definition what should be registered and what not. Very usefull i think.

How to start with Bitcoin

Last edited by hoborg; 16th March 2011 at 15:10.
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 10:23   #937  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
- FFDshow alow map keyboard shotrcuts to change audio/subtitles streams. I am using this im my HTPC - i maped my remote controler to this shortcuts, so i can change audio/subtitles tracks on thy fly by remote in any DirectShow based players. Something like this will be usefull in LAVF too.
Thats something a player should offer, not a DirectShow filter.
Quote:
- what about modify registry durning "LAVSplitter.ax" registration? For example i must added .MKV and other extensions to registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\) with LAVF source CLSID "{B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}".
Registering extensions is not required. What LAV Splitter does is actually delete extension assignments when its registered, so the proper byte-marker and merit system gets used.

The only downside is that it won't work on broken files, because the byte-marker is not correctly present there (see your .mpg problem)

If i write a proper installer some day, it'll probably allow doing the extension hookups, but the filter itself won't.
Old 16th March 2011, 10:35   #938  |  Link
hoborg

nevcairiel:

Thanks for info. I just noticed it is still posible to change audio/subtitles streams in FFDshow, so no problem here, that is good

I don't know why, but on my machine i must added some extension to registry to be able open my samples in Graphstudio. At last for MKV, FLAC, MOV. But maybe simple restart will help to make merrit change working.

Again, good work!

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2011, 10:36   #939  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
I don't know why, but on my machine i must added some extension to registry to be able open my samples in Graphstudio. At last for MKV, FLAC, MOV. But maybe simple restart will help to make merrit change working.
This should be better in the next version, i changed some stuff around that fixed the problem in GraphStudio for me.
Old 16th March 2011, 10:41   #940  |  Link
Sebastiii

Thanks Nevcairiel
Seb.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter