Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th February 2015, 10:49   #1  |  Link
machenotizia

webm (vp9/opus) stuttering on mobile

Hi from Italy;
i'm making several tests with vp9. I want to understand if i can use vp9 istead of h.264 to improve quality/bitrate of my videos online.
i have some problems.
Firefox and Chrome (desktop windows) can playback without problems WebM(vp9/opus) videos.
Chrome on Nexus 4 , Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus7, with Kitkat or Lollipop, has stuttering problems. There is not a bandwith problem because videos are server by local web server.
I tried with several encoders and several parameters (changing profile from 0 to 3) but nothing changes.
so, with youtube-dl i downloaded some youtube videos, and those videos works well, but has no audio track (?).
i tried to understand what are differences about my videos and youtube videos by mediainfo, but i'm not able to understand what change.

this is a sample use of encvpx.exe script called by "Hybrid" encoder gui. Hybrid is the name of the software.

vpxenc --codec=vp9 --passes=1 --pass=1 --target-bitrate=1500 --end-usage=vbr --good --cpu-used=3 --undershoot-pct=0 --buf-sz=6 --buf-initial-sz=4 --buf-optimal-sz=5 --drop-frame=0 --resize-allowed=0 --kf-min-dist=0 --kf-max-dist=250 --auto-alt-ref=0 --noise-sensitivity=0 --sharpness=0 --static-thresh=0 --tile-columns=2 --tile-rows=2 --threads=8 --width=1280 --height=720 --yv12 -o "C:\Juassikvp9.vp9" -

i tried also with mediaCoder, but nothing changed.

any suggestions to avoid stuttering problem? How youtube encode vp9 avoiding stuttering problems?

thanks.
machenotizia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobile, stuttering, vp9