Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th February 2009, 22:48   #61  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anode View Post
Hello jdobbs and the others,

I'm glad that you found some issues according to my first post.
Thank you for reacting so fast.
I tried to fix it for myself but i have not much programming skills and so my own tests take always some time.
For me (i have a Samsung BD-P2500 standalone) tests with the fixed clpi-files did improve ff/rw: now the picture displayed while searching is not longer divided in some parts, but a complete frame is shown. This is nothing very important, since chapter skipping did work with the older, fixed clpi.
Sometimes after chapter skip there are audio/video resync issues. This may have to do with the chapter point not being placed exactly on a I-Frame or (as i use hd-broadcasts) the streams have longer GOPs than within blu-ray specs. Will have to do some tests....

For anybody interested in clpi-file format i have found 2 patents describing the binary structure:
EP 1873780 and EP 1715686 (sorry, you have to google for them. Get the pdf with the pictures...)

Another issue with the clpi's from tsMuxeR is that the "NumberOfSourcePackets" in the ClipInfo-Section is wrong. This should be the number of 192-byte Packets in the corresponding m2ts-stream.
I have found two tools which fixes this, one "AVCHDme 1.4" and another "ClipInf Editor v0.01b". The second one calculates this number sometimes wrong by one packet?
Perhaps we can correct all this little tsMuxeR-bugs, so that even the Panasonics should accept the clpi's. (Hard to understand that they play with the obvious wrong tables!)
I made a lot of streams a while back that had long GOPs -- I can confirm that when you use them you will get video delays at chapter points. For Blu-ray compatibility you need to make sure the GOPs are no more than one second long. In BD-RB I set them to 24 as the default. If you stick to that rule the chapters should sync up immediately.

I forgot about the number of packets bug in TSMUXER. I'd fixed it in BD-RB but not in FIXCLPI. I'll put another version up shortly that fixes that too (as long as FIXCLPI runs in folder mode and the BDMV\STREAM folder can be found).

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th February 2009 at 22:52.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 23:08   #62  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
What kind of GUI do you want? I can make one very easily as a part of it.
There has been one available for a while now from here somewhere done by someone else. It just allows the user to select the files/folders and process them. I tried it with 2.2 and it works fine.

I am trying it in a minute on a ripbot avchd (BDMV folder on a DVD). When I play it them in a Sony S350. The picture freezes when trying to ff/rwd. Skip chapters work but there is no sound for a few seconds and then it plays normally. I have been blaming the player as the same disc works perfectly in a Samsung 1500 player.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 23:22   #63  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anode View Post
Hello jdobbs and the others,

I'm glad that you found some issues according to my first post.
Thank you for reacting so fast.
I tried to fix it for myself but i have not much programming skills and so my own tests take always some time.
For me (i have a Samsung BD-P2500 standalone) tests with the fixed clpi-files did improve ff/rw: now the picture displayed while searching is not longer divided in some parts, but a complete frame is shown. This is nothing very important, since chapter skipping did work with the older, fixed clpi.
Sometimes after chapter skip there are audio/video resync issues. This may have to do with the chapter point not being placed exactly on a I-Frame or (as i use hd-broadcasts) the streams have longer GOPs than within blu-ray specs. Will have to do some tests....

For anybody interested in clpi-file format i have found 2 patents describing the binary structure:
EP 1873780 and EP 1715686 (sorry, you have to google for them. Get the pdf with the pictures...)

Another issue with the clpi's from tsMuxeR is that the "NumberOfSourcePackets" in the ClipInfo-Section is wrong. This should be the number of 192-byte Packets in the corresponding m2ts-stream.
I have found two tools which fixes this, one "AVCHDme 1.4" and another "ClipInf Editor v0.01b". The second one calculates this number sometimes wrong by one packet?
Perhaps we can correct all this little tsMuxeR-bugs, so that even the Panasonics should accept the clpi's. (Hard to understand that they play with the obvious wrong tables!)
I did a lot of file dumps and analysis to find those table formats... it sure would have been nice to find docs a month or two ago

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th February 2009 at 23:46.
Old 28th February 2009, 23:39   #64  |  Link
nwg

I think the new version has improved the ripbot files. Both the Sony S350/S550 doesn't have great navigation with discs. Even at full speed it is pretty slow going through a film but it jumps from one bit to another as it freezes periodically on frame while the counter does the same thing. It can be quite hard to find certain bits sometimes. The new Fixclpi has managed to make the navigation a little smoother.

I am going to compare a TsMuxed BD that has the first fixclpi done to it and then redo it with the 2.2 version.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 00:27   #65  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
I made a lot of streams a while back that had long GOPs -- I can confirm that when you use them you will get video delays at chapter points. For Blu-ray compatibility you need to make sure the GOPs are no more than one second long. In BD-RB I set them to 24 as the default. If you stick to that rule the chapters should sync up immediately.
Are you referring to --keyint 24?
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 02:00   #66  |  Link
jdobbs

Yes. And, of course, you have to also use "--min-keyint 1" along with it.
Old 1st March 2009, 03:36   #67  |  Link
jdobbs

And here is one more release (v2.30) of FixCLPI. In this one if you pass it a folder as the parameter, it will also automatically fix the packet_count variable (the one written by TSMUXER is often if not always wrong). Of course it will only correct it if the CLPI is in a standard BD format (CLPI is in either the BACKUP/CLIPINF or the CLIPINF folder, and the M2TS is in the STREAM folder). The program is verbose, so if it gets changed, you'll know it.
Old 1st March 2009, 03:55   #68  |  Link
quantum

Quote:
And here is one more release (v2.30) of FixCLPI. In this one if you pass it a folder as the parameter, it will also automatically fix the packet_count variable (the one written by TSMUXER is often if not always wrong). Of course it will only correct it if the CLPI is in a standard BD format (CLPI is in either the BACKUP/CLIPINF or the CLIPINF folder, and the M2TS is in the STREAM folder). The program is verbose, so if it gets changed, you'll know it.
Awesome work! I double checked the math, based on anode's comments, and it looks like you have it right. Clipinf Editor reports it wrong in my test, off by one packet as anode said.
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 09:10   #69  |  Link
turbojet

fixclpi 2.30 worked great on Panasonic BD30, ff, rw, chapter skips work like retail BD's which is a lot better then no fixclpi.
previous fixclpi broke playback in this player.

Last edited by turbojet; 1st March 2009 at 09:19.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 09:46   #70  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

Pana BD35 latest fw + fixclpi 2.3: chapter seeking as good as without fixclpi, FF/RW seems a little "smoother" than without fixclpi.
Same as the BD30 regarding previous version of fixclpi.
MadMonkey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 12:56   #71  |  Link
jdobbs

Looks like we're good to go then.

I'm removing all previous versions of FixCLPI from my site. So v2.30 should be the one to use.

Thanks to all for testing and to anode for his very observant and helpful report.

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st March 2009 at 13:39.
Old 1st March 2009, 13:21   #72  |  Link
turbojet

Your welcome and thanks for the fix jdobbs and for reporting the issue anode.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 14:15   #73  |  Link
MadMonkey57
Duh!

Well thank YOU jdobbs and anode.
MadMonkey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 15:08   #74  |  Link
Elesias

** Edited **

Last edited by Elesias; 1st March 2009 at 15:33.
Elesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 15:17   #75  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Looks like we're good to go then.

I'm removing all previous versions of FixCLPI from my site. So v2.30 should be the one to use.

Thanks to all for testing and to anode for his very observant and helpful report.
It appears "fixclpi" is built-in to BD-RB and not an external Tool, so can we expect you will update that shortly? It seems the new version does not work "over" BD-RB output as it stands right now. Thanks jdobbs for all the energy you put-in to this the last couple days!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 15:35   #76  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
It appears "fixclpi" is built-in to BD-RB and not an external Tool, so can we expect you will update that shortly? It seems the new version does not work "over" BD-RB output as it stands right now. Thanks jdobbs for all the energy you put-in to this the last couple days!
Yes. You should see a new BD-RB later today that includes (internally) the updates included in FixCLPI.
Old 2nd March 2009, 00:43   #77  |  Link
MB2

Hi all... i have done quite a few encodes with BD-RB, and yes they dont work on the Panasonic BD35 (or the 55)

Is there anyway I can copy them back to my pc and correct them in anyway without reencoding them again? And how do i do it??

Many Thanks!
MB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 01:14   #78  |  Link
jdobbs

Hmmm... I'll update FixCLPI.EXE to recognize that condition and rewrite the CLPI files. I have quite a few that, even though they work for me, need to be corrected. I like things to be straight on my backups. Luckily I keep an ISO for almost all my backups on a harddrive.

[EDIT] Ok. I stand corrected. As long as they weren't done by one of the versions from the past couple of days, you can run FIXCLPI v2.30 against them and it should fix them.

I just did it on a couple of mine. So, no need for a new version.

Example (for APOCALYPTO):

1. Create a folder called c:\APOCALYPTO
2. Copy the root folders (BDMV and CERTIFICATE) to the new APOCALYPTO folder.
3. run "c:\path\to\fixclpi.exe" c:\APOCALYPTO
4. you'll see messages for CLPI files that are corrected
5. Reburn or rewrite to UDF 2.5 ISO or disc.

[EDIT AGAIN] Not positive if this will work for the Panasonic on previously "fixed" files, waiting for feedback.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd March 2009 at 01:48.
Old 2nd March 2009, 01:29   #79  |  Link
MB2

EDIT!!! YOU STAR!!! Thank you will try in the morning!

Thanks for that - i have about 30 i might need to redo... eek! Just donated aswell... i encourage others to also
LMK when a simpleton like me can redo em all LOL

Last edited by MB2; 2nd March 2009 at 01:38.
Old 2nd March 2009, 01:31   #80  |  Link
MB2

I tell you what ive done

Ive ripped everything using TSremux 1.8.8 movie only... stored on hd.
Then gone to mainly the v.1.9.01 of rebuilder and done quite a few...

Excuse my igorance, what do i then do? Copy the BDMV folders etc to pc and run FixCLPI.EXE

I double click on it and im not sure whats its doing...

Ive also started your new version of BDRB on 2 films - these should play ok now on the BD35/55 if im correct??