Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 8th March 2009, 15:52   #1081  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
"dgsplit with a gui"
That is exactly what the F1 functionality is!
Old 8th March 2009, 16:52   #1082  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Re: "dgsplit with a GUI"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
That is exactly what the F1 functionality is!
If this economy ever recovers, I am gonna send you all my extra money!
Old 8th March 2009, 20:16   #1083  |  Link
Sharc

Does this mean that you don't believe in the recovery of the economy?
Old 8th March 2009, 21:07   #1084  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

It means simply that I have succumbed to an "irrational exuberance" for neuron2's tools and docs and tutorials!!!
Old 9th March 2009, 20:24   #1085  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audionut View Post
Yay. Thanks.
I have located and fixed the problem. It affects the M2TS parsing in all the tools. I will regression test and release a fix hopefully tonight. Just wanted to let you know things will be all right.
Old 9th March 2009, 23:35   #1086  |  Link
Sharc

Looking forward ...... Thanks!
Old 10th March 2009, 01:20   #1087  |  Link

Version 1.0.13

1. Added undocumented rudimentary "output trimmed TS" function invokable via the F1 key. Set a range and hit F1. It's for diagnostic use and is not supported. Think of "DGSplit with a GUI".

2. Sometimes opening a file would not display the first frame until a GOP step is done. Fixed.

3. Fixed Load Project bugs.

4. Fixed problem where specifying a bad file to the CLI caused a crash.

5. File/Close did not clear all state. Fixed.

6. CLI -a now demuxes all the audio streams for an MKV file.

7. The Info dialog did not show all MKV audio tracks. Fixed.

8. License check now allows for a single license file to support multiple machine IDs.

9. Fixed an M2TS parsing bug that caused corruption for some streams.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdecnv/dgavcdecnv.html

@Sharc

Please advise if this fixes your issue. If you confirm it, I'll update the other tools.

Last edited by Guest; 10th March 2009 at 01:23.
Old 10th March 2009, 05:50   #1088  |  Link
xopowo

First of all, I love the program. Bought my license almost immediately after release and have been using it ever since.

But, as always, my ignorance prevails. So, I have a question.

I have used this program on 3 different operating systems. First with Win Xp (32-bit), then went Win 7 (64-bit), and then Vista (32-bit). XP and Vista work fine, but there is obviously the memory leak in Win 7, so I can't use that anymore until they fix it (MS presumably in this case).

Anyway, I have noticed something since I recently went back to XP (from Vista - just didn't care for it).

I have an nVidia 9600 GSO (768mb) and under Vista, I could encode an indexed dga file via avisynth with x264 and watch, say a movie or something, on my second monitor. Encoding would slow somewhat, but no crashes. Now, I'm back to XP (using 182.08 drivers), and I'm having the same issues that caused me to get a different video card in the first place.

History: I had a 256MB 8600XT and it would cause BSOD with the application (assuming it did not have enough memory on the card). I got an answer in this forum that recommended the video card to have a minimum of 512mb of RAM. No problem, so I upgrade to 9600 GSO with 768MB of RAM. Things did improve, and BSODs went away. Under Win 7 and Vista, I have not had an issue at all with this. Now, I went back to XP, and I'm having the issue again. Granted, it's only if I'm watching video while encoding, but it's definitely vexing me.

Therefore, I have to generate two questions:

(1) Could it be the drivers themselves? The only version of nvcuvid.dll I have on the box is in the DGAVCDecNV directory where I have the program, so there is no conflict there as I've read from others on here. So, thinking it is a driver issue.

or

(2) Does the application just love tons of memory? I'm willing to upgrade to a card with more memory if that is the case. But, they're expensive and since I don't play video games (demographic these cards are catered to), I don't want to spend money without educating myself.

Therefore, does it matter what GPU speeds are and threads and all that junk on the card, or as long as it's supported (the GPU itself with V1/V2) or if it's GDR2/3, etc. Or will just tons of RAM hellp mitigate this issue? I found a card with 2GB of RAM (9600GT) that is likely cruddy for gamers, but I could care less. I just don't want to BSOD while I'm encoding for long periods of time. Even if I do want to watch a movie while it's encoding (I only have one computer).

Thanks for any information one can provide in advance.
Old 10th March 2009, 06:07   #1089  |  Link

You're the only person I have ever heard of having BSOD issues. You might want to look at your system stability.

When you say you watch videos at the same time as encoding, what are you using to decode? I assume you are aware that multiple use of the GPU is a no-no.
Old 10th March 2009, 06:20   #1090  |  Link
xopowo

The system is very stable. I do have a slight overclock, but I'm prime stable for 20-hours.

And yes, I know that running video while encoding is not a good idea. But, I just don't have the patience to wait all too often and then clearly run into trouble.

So, assuming the system is stable, and clearly acknowledging that I "shouldn't" watch and encode using the same GPU, would more memory on the card benefit? I did gain stability greatly when I went from 256mb to 768mb.

However (and I realize this is not scientific), I did not have these issues in either Vista or Win7, it is only XP that does it? Odd to say the least. But, now I think I'm remembering why I may have switched from XP in the first place.

To answer your question, most of the decoding is either CoreAVC or XviD. Last night I BSOD'd twice watching an xvid video while I was transcoding h264 to x264 (mkv). I tried MPC and it BSOD'd, so I rebooted (well, computer did much to my chagrin), and after reboot, I tried same file with VLC. Same thing. BSOD, reboot. Stopped trying to watch and encode at the same time after that. Went to bed. Woke up; encode turned out well.

**EDIT** one thing that I must point out ... to my knowledge, this only happens if I have deinterlace=1 in the AVCSource line. If I use a filter other than purevideo functionality, I don't think it will BSOD, but I would have to test to absolutely confirm this.

Last edited by xopowo; 10th March 2009 at 06:22.
Old 10th March 2009, 06:25   #1091  |  Link
onesloth

Quote:
Please advise if this fixes your issue. If you confirm it, I'll update the other tools.
m2ts decoding now working fine for me with 1.0.13
Old 10th March 2009, 06:31   #1092  |  Link
Audionut

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesloth View Post
m2ts decoding now working fine for me with 1.0.13
Fixed the problems I was having too.

Thanks Don.
Old 10th March 2009, 07:08   #1093  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
You're the only person I have ever heard of having BSOD issues. You might want to look at your system stability.
Erm? (Puts his hand up). I was just about to post about stability.
I had problems previously due to overheating (and trying to use nvidia decoder at the same time) but these were fixed. The system has been stable for weeks.
However I recently upgraded to version 1.0.12 (and server 1.0.4) and upgraded my nvidia drivers from 180.48 to 182.08... bad move!
BSOD's all around (just encoding, no capture, viewing etc. at the same time).
I have reverted to nvidia 180.48 and it still happens. I will try your version 1.0.13 and see if it is still the same.
Old 10th March 2009, 09:34   #1094  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
@Sharc

I will check and confirm when I am back from office (9 hours to go).
Old 10th March 2009, 09:52   #1095  |  Link
meatwad

This version generated a new machine id and now my license won't work. I deleted the new files and replaced them with 1.0.12 but the new machine id remained. It was working fine until I dropped the new files in so I'm at a loss as to why this happened. Hopefully when I reboot I'll have old id back, but it still won't explain why it gave me a new id when the files were still on the same partition. All I did was copy over the old files...

Last edited by meatwad; 10th March 2009 at 09:54.
Old 10th March 2009, 11:01   #1096  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumpco View Post
However I recently upgraded to version 1.0.12 (and server 1.0.4) and upgraded my nvidia drivers from 180.48 to 182.08... bad move!
BSOD's all around (just encoding, no capture, viewing etc. at the same time).
I have reverted to nvidia 180.48 and it still happens. I will try your version 1.0.13 and see if it is still the same.
i'm using v182.06 and so far (touch wood) its going well.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:23   #1097  |  Link
meatwad

This is strange... I restored a Ghost image due to the machine id change. 1.0.12 is on the same partition it's always been on. I open DGAVCIndexNV and check my machine id. The machine id is fine. I then open CUVID server and staxrip (which opens DGAVCIndexNV to index a video). As soon as it begins I get the dreaded invalid license message (this time with 1.0.12) and sure enough I have new machine id.

Since no one else seems to be having an issue it must be something with my system. It's strange that it happened after I gave 1.0.13 a whirl.

Geezzzzz. It just came to me and I believe I I know what's causing it! This issue happens if you do a clean install and the OS doesn't assign "C" as the drive letter the OS resides on. It may be that my method of turning the drive letter to "C" is what's causing the issue. I don't believe it has anything to do with 1.0.13, but now I have to find another method to make the OS report "C" as the drive letter it resides on (the OS is actually on my "D" partition).

RAID 0 array 3 500GB WD drives as follows:

C:XP64
D:XP32
E:Whatever I feel like playing with.
Y:Editing/work partition
Z:Video Storage

I know Neuron2 will give me a new license if I ask, but this could happen again (if my assumption is correct). Anyway, I'll wait until he pops in to read this before I try anything else.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:39   #1098  |  Link
Clumpco

A problem (maybe) with 1.0.13.
The audio file has "DELAY -47721878ms"
The same .ts with ver 1.0.12 had "DELAY -20ms"
Wassup?

I have made the start of the .ts available by using F1 (I have checked and it gives the weird delay when indexed) HERE
(This is an ITV HD cap, with ads removed by TSPacketEditor)

Last edited by Clumpco; 10th March 2009 at 16:21. Reason: Link corrected
Old 10th March 2009, 13:37   #1099  |  Link
meatwad

My assumption was wrong as the new machine id is in all three operating systems. I went to boot into XP64 so I could get some work done, but it happened there as well. Now I have to ask for a new key. Sorry Neuron2.
Old 10th March 2009, 13:42   #1100  |  Link

@meatwad

It won't happen again because the new machine ID method uses your MAC address and not your system partition. Email me your new machine ID(s) and I'll send you a new license file. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Clumpco

Your link is not working. Please fix it so I can investigate the problem. Thank you.
Closed Thread