Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 8th February 2011, 22:15   #9061  |  Link
malimarek

Audio 94kHz

Hi Atak_Snajpera.
Recently I came cross two problems with encoding audio, RipBot264 just hanged during the audio processing. IMO problem was that both audio were 96kHz. I encoded audio directly in eac3to with no issues, both from direct audio source and from PCM file. Regards. Marek
malimarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 02:30   #9062  |  Link
CrazyBricker

Hi. I was told to use Ripbot for what I want to do but don't see how. I have some 720p .mkv movies that are 6 to 8 meg and I want to resize them down to 4.37 to fit on 1 dvd-r. Will Ripbot do this and if so can someone tell me what I need to do please? I went thru all the settings and didn't see any option for file size output. Or should I be using something else for this. I tried Handbrake but after the convertions, the .srt subtitles are out of sinc and I can't get them back in sinc. Maybe I'm not doing correctly. I'm a noob at all of this still. Thanks.

Last edited by CrazyBricker; 9th February 2011 at 04:11.
CrazyBricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 15:24   #9063  |  Link
jandor

Please,

The RipBot v1.16.4 not recognize the audio on some containers MKV with AC3 audio when I select the output MP4 or MKV.
When he recognizes the AC3 audio from a MKV, the synchronization does not work well while converting to AAC in a container of MP4.
I use o Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Excellent software. Congratulations!

Last edited by jandor; 13th February 2011 at 04:05.
jandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 16:46   #9064  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBricker View Post
Hi. I was told to use Ripbot for what I want to do but don't see how. I have some 720p .mkv movies that are 6 to 8 meg and I want to resize them down to 4.37 to fit on 1 dvd-r. Will Ripbot do this and if so can someone tell me what I need to do please? I went thru all the settings and didn't see any option for file size output. Or should I be using something else for this. I tried Handbrake but after the convertions, the .srt subtitles are out of sinc and I can't get them back in sinc. Maybe I'm not doing correctly. I'm a noob at all of this still. Thanks.
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 18:00   #9065  |  Link
alpine_92

Is it normal that my colection of harry potter are between 5000kbps and 7000kbps video? Ive encoded them all at CRF 18. The output size are like 6gig for 1080p movies. All my other movies are like 10mbps and around 10-16gigs.
alpine_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 18:23   #9066  |  Link
CrazyBricker

Thank you so very much pacaveli211. I did not see that. Kewl, can't wait til tonight to try it. EXCELLENT!!! Do I need to change the kbps? I only ask because it's highlighted in your image. Thanks again.
Old 9th February 2011, 21:06   #9067  |  Link
hoju3508

@alpine_92, I've also noticed that with the recent x264 builds.
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 21:36   #9068  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Code:
r1867
VFR/framerate-aware ratecontrol, part 2
MB-tree and qcomp complexity estimation now consider the duration of a frame in their calculations.
This is very important for visual optimizations, as frames that last longer are inherently more important quality-wise.
Improves VFR-aware PSNR as much as 1-2db on extreme test cases, ~0.5db on more ordinary VFR clips (e.g. deduped anime episodes).

WARNING: This change redefines x264's internal quality measurement.
x264 will now scale its quality based on the framerate of the video due to the aforementioned frame duration logic.
That is, --crf X will give lower quality per frame for a 60fps video than for a 30fps one.
This will make --crf closer to constant perceptual quality than previously.
The "center" for this change is 25fps: that is, videos lower than 25fps will go up in quality at the same CRF and videos above will go down.
This choice is completely arbitrary.

Note that to take full advantage of this, x264 must encode your video at the correct framerate, with the correct timestamps.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 23:22   #9069  |  Link
alpine_92

So what does that meen? FFDShow changed their settings? And how could i encode my movies back to 18CRF? Im confuzed how this works now.
alpine_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 00:38   #9070  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBricker View Post
Thank you so very much pacaveli211. I did not see that. Kewl, can't wait til tonight to try it. EXCELLENT!!! Do I need to change the kbps? I only ask because it's highlighted in your image. Thanks again.
that was just coincidence
you can't simultaneously specify kbps and lock size (it's either one of the other)
Old 10th February 2011, 02:45   #9071  |  Link
CrazyBricker

Thank you again, pacaveli211. I thought so, just thought I'd ask to be sure. I hope they come out better using this instead of handbrake. Thanks again for your help.
Old 10th February 2011, 03:33   #9072  |  Link
pacaveli211

doesn't handbrake use x264 as well?
if so then they're not really going to come out any better (quality wise) being that they're encoded using the same thing
it's just about setting the correct x264 options and ease of application use =)
Old 10th February 2011, 04:39   #9073  |  Link
CrazyBricker

Yes, Handbrake uses x264. What I mean by better is the subtitles being in sync after I make them smaller in size. The quality was fine, just the subtitles were not. I left the default settings and only changed the filesize. Hopefully, that's all I need to do. Or do I need to adjust the frames and other things? I opened the .mkv with MediaInfo and it shows the encoding settings. Should I be trying to match the encoding settings in Ripbot or Handbrake? Thanks.

I just started 2 and am going to crash. I'll know how it goes when I wake up.

EDIT: So far so good. Have 1 done and it looks great and subtitles still in sinc. Awesome! Thank you again! Next one goes from 1080p to 720p.

Last edited by CrazyBricker; 10th February 2011 at 09:19.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:13   #9074  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ alpine_92:

1) CRF is a rather constant rate between an "optimal" quality and a desired quality. If one movie is very easy to compress (e.g. little motion, little sharpness), it needs less bitrate to preserve a given fraction of the "optimal" video quality because already the optimum needs less bitrate. More motion and more details (sharpness) need more bitrate to be preserved good enough.

2) The definition of the optimum and its fraction changed in the latest x264 versions supporting variable framerates. They now depend on the framerate.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 10:28   #9075  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Hi,

I just wrote a guide for Ripbot and converting a Blu-ray to MKV here:
http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu...blu-ray-to-mkv

It clears some questions, but still I have some issues, for example why can't I get a COPY STREAM option when the Blu-ray audio is DTS?

If you have any suggestions please PM me.

If this seems spam-ish please delete it.

Last edited by afonic; 10th February 2011 at 15:10.
afonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 17:46   #9076  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
It clears some questions, but still I have some issues, for example why can't I get a COPY STREAM option when the Blu-ray audio is DTS?
I can't say I've ever seen a bluray with just DTS, so I'll assume you mean DTS-HDMA or DTS-HDHR. in which case you'll need to make sure you're choosing the 'core' option.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:35   #9077  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
I can't say I've ever seen a bluray with just DTS, so I'll assume you mean DTS-HDMA or DTS-HDHR. in which case you'll need to make sure you're choosing the 'core' option.
Thanks.

I'll try later and update the guide. However these options should be explained in the GUI. You don't know that you have to choose core for DTS or that FLAC doesn't work the same as WAV. And testing in order to find out takes a lot of time.
Old 10th February 2011, 23:03   #9078  |  Link
qqcs

Do you have solution to add(burn in) watermark/logo and srt subtitle in same time?
Andy is there a way to change the permanent subtitle font or font size?

update:
I find the solution here and checked few avsynt tutorial. all like chinese
Can you please somebody copy here the script I should copy into avisynt script window in ripbot?

Last edited by qqcs; 10th February 2011 at 23:51.
qqcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 00:17   #9079  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonic View Post
Thanks.

I'll try later and update the guide. However these options should be explained in the GUI. You don't know that you have to choose core for DTS or that FLAC doesn't work the same as WAV. And testing in order to find out takes a lot of time.
eh, it's a free app man. and the options (at least these that we're talkin about) are kinda self explanatory...
wav decodes / decompresses the audio to wav
flac encodes it to flac
core extracts the core

there's always google if you don't understand what things are / what they mean
Old 11th February 2011, 12:23   #9080  |  Link
afonic
DVD-Guides.com Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
eh, it's a free app man. and the options (at least these that we're talkin about) are kinda self explanatory...
wav decodes / decompresses the audio to wav
flac encodes it to flac
core extracts the core

there's always google if you don't understand what things are / what they mean
Of course they are, I am not saying otherwise. However you cannot guess how each option will affect the options you have at the next step. A tooltip would be nice.

Last edited by afonic; 12th February 2011 at 00:44.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360