Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 30th June 2021, 16:41   #1141  |  Link
DMD

Good morning
I have detected a strange problem, it is not of great importance but I want to understand if it is possible to solve with mkvtoolnix, avoiding re-encode the video.
Regarding the issue is that when I make the muxing of most HD or UHD movies in any aspect ratio from 1.33: 1 to 2.40: 1, in the section of the "Video Properties" the aspect ratio is always 16/9 or 1920x1080 or 3840x2160.
This assumed because the film was originally coded with the letterbox bands.
What I ask you can insert a tag that does don't modify the real aspect ratio but only the value of the aspect ratio.
I hope I was understandable.
It could be possible?
Thank you very much

MKVToolNix

Mediainfo

Aspect Ratio 2.39:1

Last edited by DMD; 30th June 2021 at 16:58.
DMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2021, 11:29   #1142  |  Link
dvmoo

Hi all, I am new to here, trying to search on forums (which one to use? doom9 or gitlab, reddit from MKVtoolnix's help menu?), but it seems there is no answer to the following points:

1) To cut/remove part of a mkv, currently I have to split it by timeframes, to 1st run, then the 2nd run will append (join) the spit parts without the cut part. Is there any way to do, instead of splitting, but joining part of mkv by timeframes, within 1 run/1 output file?
This is not only to save time, but it seems that on the 2nd run, mkvtoolnix does not recognize that the files have the similar properties to proceed a quick join losslessly (thing that I've seen on an Android app), so mkvtoolnix starts from frame 1 and takes time, as long as for normal run on the whole file, meaning double time.

2) Merge ERROR: it happened (sometimes) that after joining, the (joined) 2nd part (shorter) starts, then freezes or scratches images for a second or two, then continue fine. Playing the 2nd part alone, or duplicate it (for test) and joins these 2 parts, the resulting video is fluid, the freezing part was not part of the 2nd video. How to fix that? The way I used was just add the 1st part video, then context menu append the 2nd part.

3) From my understanding, but wish to be sure: MKVtoolnix does not decode/encode during process of add/remove audio/video/subtitle items, so MKVtoolnix is "lossless" (no modification) on audio/video tracks, is that correct?

4) When a mkv has DTS audio only, it can't be played on (my Samsung) TV. So the solution was to extract DTS, then EAC3To to get AC3, then merge back with MKVtoolnix. Is there anyway that we can set in mkvtoolnix to proceed all these steps within 1 queue? Would it be a suggestion to include in MKVtoolnix a cmd for mkvextract + EAC3to and wait for their completion before continueing?

Thanks for any help or suggestion.
dvmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2021, 12:36   #1143  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD View Post
Regarding the issue is that when I make the muxing of most HD or UHD movies in any aspect ratio from 1.33: 1 to 2.40: 1, in the section of the "Video Properties" the aspect ratio is always 16/9 or 1920x1080 or 3840x2160.
This assumed because the film was originally coded with the letterbox bands.
The 16:9 aspect ratio refers to 1920x1080 or 3840x2160 pixel frame size. Which includes the black bars above and below the 2.40:1 image.

The Blu-ray disc video encoding specification supports 4:3 and 16:9 pixel frame sizes. It does not support cropped images...

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 3rd July 2021 at 12:40.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2021, 12:47   #1144  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Welcome to the forum. Both here and the sub-Reddit are fine for support/usage questions such as yours. Gitlab is solely for bug reports & feature requests.

Now on to your questions:

1. The "splitting by parts" mode does exactly that: you specify one or more parts to keep when remuxing. See the documentation for examples (look for "--split parts:").

2. Due to how frames are numbered in HEVC & AVC it's possible that you're running into a limitation of the lossless (see 3.) process at this point. Read more here. Not saying your issue is 100% the same, just that there are certain limitations you just have to live with. The only way to "fix" this is to re-encode the video.

3. MKVToolNix does not contain any codecs, that is correct. It cannot encode/decode video. Therefore the quality won't suffer one bit. The decoded images will be the same before & after muxing. That being said, MKVToolNix does modify the bitstream where necessary (e.g. in order to patch the aspect ratio, and it throws away filler NALUs). Therefore "no modification" is incorrect.

4. No, such a feature is outside the scope of MKVToolNix. You can easily script something around mkvextract, eact3to & mkvmerge that suits your needs as they're all command-line utilities and made for scripting.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2021, 13:25   #1145  |  Link
dvmoo

@Mosu: Many thanks, it is so quick! All your answers help well with solutions, the parameters have more possibilities than I thought, it looks so complete then, I didn't use correctly. Thanks for the tips too
dvmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2021, 21:45   #1146  |  Link
Perenista

When we try to copy a subtitle like this:

PGS, zlib, S_HDMV/PGS, Picture based subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs

From one MKV to another, I am not sure if I have seen this happening, instances they became smaller in the destined file, compared to the original one (which had these subtitles inserted by MAKEMKV, after ripping the disc). Are they supposed to look the same when we do this between 1080p MKVs and also between UHD/4K and 1080p?

dvmoo: avoid at all cost to split any MATROSKA file. I had to do a 2nd rip from many titles again because I discovered the total duration from these video files (and anything they contained) was permanently messed with (despite all of them not being out of sync) and there was also a case in which macroblocks or similar technical issues appeared in the resulting splitted parts (especially if we are talking about UHD rips), and the problem didn't go away when joining them into a single file. I even blamed the disc without realizing it was not meant to be splitted.

This isn't MKVToolnix's fault, either, it's a feature that has been explained here to be far from perfect, so it may work for a few, it may ruin others. I am not going to split anything ever again, because some of the contents I got rid of the original source and then when I tried to merge everything back and add new stuff into them I discovered their length changed. So I am now using WinRAR even if I deal with huge files.

Last edited by Perenista; 4th July 2021 at 21:53.
Perenista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2021, 12:37   #1147  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
So yeah, having dual-layer-both-layers-in-same-track sample files would definitely help.
If you're still interested, I can send you some (short duration) 2-layer Dolby Vision .m2ts contained samples backed-up from some 4K UHD discs...
Old 9th July 2021, 15:50   #1148  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Sure, thanks, though I don't expect to be able to work on that any time soon as I don't have the specs for the hvcE HEVCDecoderConfigurationRecord which I'll have to recreate from the UNSPEC63 NALUs in the bitstream.

Old 9th July 2021, 19:47   #1149  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Oh wait, that's the same record structure as the hvcC, right? And parsing the UNSPEC63 NALUs shouldn't be too hard as they seem to be regular NALUs wrapped in an additional short header. I totally spaced when I wrote that above… So parsing MPEG transport streams (or rather HEVC elementary streams) with both DV layers and generating the required configuration records shouldn't be that hard.

What's more of a problem is extracting dual-layer HEVC tracks to elementary streams as that potentially requires creating UNSPEC63-variants of the parameter set NALUs in the hvcE record, and for that I'd need to understand the aforementioned additional header that UNPSEC63 NALUs start with, which I don't just yet.

So yeah, please do upload sample files. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 10th July 2021, 12:03   #1150  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v59.0.0 released

Heyooo!

Summer's here, so let's stay inside & play with a new release of MKVToolNix: v59. There were several nice quality of life improvements to the GUI as well as the usual bug fixes.

Several things have changed for packagers, so many that I won't list them here. You can find them the NEWS below.

Here are the usual links: the MKVToolNix home page, the Windows installer/portable version & macOS DMG & Linux AppImage and the source code.

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

Version 59.0.0 "Shining Star" 2021-07-10
New features and enhancements
  • mkvmerge: WebVTT parser: the parser now follows the specs' rules for parsing timestamps more closely by being more lenient: it allows arbitrary number of spaces & tabs at the start of the line & around the arrow; it allows any number of digits for the hours. Part of #3139.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when adding a Blu-ray playlist without scanning for other playlists the GUI will now look for disc library information & let the user select which one to use if there's more than one entry. Implements #3143.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added an option for sorting files & tracks by track types when adding them to multiplex settings. The order is: video first followed by audio, subtitles and other types. Files & tracks can still be reordered manually later. The option is enabled by default & can be found in the preferences → "Multiplexer" page → "Adding files" section. Implements #2366.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added an option for recognizing file name sequences such as "movie.001.mp4", "movie.002.mp4", "movie.003.mp4" when adding multiple files at once. If a sequence is detected, the only first file will be added while the second and following file names will be appended to the first one. The option is enabled by default & can be found in the preferences → "Multiplexer" page → "Adding files" section. Implements #2866.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added small colored boxes for each file & track in order to indicate from which file each track is read. The colors used can be configured in the preferences → "Multiplexer" page → "File & track colors" section.

Bug fixes
  • build system: fixed compilation with fmt v8. Fixes #3151.
  • mkvmerge: SRT subtitle reader: characters that aren't valid according to the assumed encoding of the file will now be replaced by the Unicode "Replacement Character" U+FFFD instead of keeping the invalid characters, potentially violating the Matroska specs.
  • mkvmerge: WebVTT parser: the parser now accepts timestamps with hours larger than 99. Part of #3139.
  • mkvextract: TTA extraction, only on Windows: fixed removing the temporary file created during extraction.
  • mkvmerge, mkvpropedit, MKVToolNix GUI's multiplexer & header editor: MIME type detection is now done using Qt instead of the "magic" library. The main impact is the MIME types of TrueType & OpenType fonts are now detected correctly. Fixes #3137.
  • mkvmerge, mkvinfo, MKVToolNix GUI's info tool: only on Windows: displaying dates before 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC or after 2038-01-19 03:14:08 UTC was broken. Note that the header editor was not affected. Fixes #3148.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: only on 64-bit Windows: under certain conditions, the 64-bit Windows binaries crashed when opening dialog windows. Even though the underlying bug hasn't been identified, the investigation showed that building it with newer versions than 10.2.0 of the mingw/gcc cross-compiler enabled the crashes, while binaries built with 10.2.0 were fine. This affected v57 and v58 which were built with gcc versions 10.3.0 and 11.1.0 respectively. For the time being I've switched back to building Windows binaries with gcc 10.2.0. Fixes #3132 & #3133.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when adding files to the multiplexer by running the GUI's executable with file names as command line arguments, the source directory will be remembered as the "last open directory" again, causing subsequent uses of the "open file" dialog to start in the same directory.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the "default track flag" column in the track list was missing its icons. Additionally it contained text even for things that aren't regular tracks and therefore do not actually have that flag (e.g. chapters or tags). Fixes #3144.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the default for the dialog asking the user what to do with dragged & dropped files if they've never seen the dialog is back to adding the files to the current multiplex settings instead of "add as additional parts" which was an unintentional default.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the "show command line" dialog will now always use backward slashes for the "Windows (cmd.exe)" mode and forward slashes for the "Linux/Unix shells" mode, regardless of the operating system it's currently running on. Fixes #3155.

Build system changes
  • The Qt library is now required for building all applications, even the command-line ones, as they use Qt's MIME type detection capabilities. In turn this means that you cannot disable the Qt usage anymore; either Qt5 or Qt 6 is required. You can still chose not to build MKVToolNix GUI, though. A new option has been added to "configure" for this purpose: "--disable-gui".
  • The "gmp" library is now required.
  • The "magic" library is not used anymore.
  • The "PCRE2" & "JPCRE2" libraries are not used anymore. The bundled version of "JPCRE2" was removed.
  • Boost's "rational" library is not used anymore.
  • "configure": the option "--enable-appimage" has been removed. The location of the relevant directories within an AppImage is now detected automatically.
  • The bundled "fmt" library was updated to v8.0.0.

Have fun 😁

Old 10th July 2021, 16:08   #1151  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qin

"Use legacy MIME types for font attachment" & TTC

1) GUI: Even if "Use legacy MIME types for font attachment" is checked, .ttc is treated as "font/collection" in v59 (not in v58).

2) Valid language variant tags may be refused, when its prefix is not "simple" as in:
de-CH-1996
en-GB-scotland
zh-Latn-CN-pinyin
ja-Latn-hepburn-heploc

Example:
Code:
mkvmerge -o out.mka --language 0:sl-rozaj-biske resian.m4a
Error: [...] The variant 'biske' must only be used with one of the following prefixes: sl-rozaj.
Notice mkvmerge is complaining that biske must be used with the prefix sl-rozaj, but that is exactly what the user is doing here.
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2021, 17:19   #1152  |  Link
alex.brown111@hotmail.com

Hi,

I have a smooth problem with some MKV created by ffmpeg but only if read with my blu ray panasonic, no issue with PC via VLC:

If I run a command like this:

Code:
ffmpeg.exe -vsync 1 -i "G:\Film da ottimizzare per blu ray\Deep Space 9 (ffmpeg ori)\Disk3\Star Trek Season 2- Disc 1_t05_ori.mkv" -y  -c:v libsvt_hevc -preset 5 -qp 21   -pix_fmt yuv420p10le -profile:v 2  -map 0:0 -map 0:s -map 0:6  -disposition:a:0 +default+forced -map 0:1  -disposition:a:1 -default-forced -map 0:2  -disposition:a:2 -default-forced  -c:a copy -c:s copy    -metadata:s:v:0 Language="rom" -t 60 "Star Trek Season 2- Disc 1_t05_ori.mkv_60_sec_vsync.mkv"
I get this result:

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 155001068370375428158814323990732767024 (0x749C1EB1AD94DEA9BF0DBD1D91EC7F30)
Complete name                            : G:\Film da ottimizzare per blu ray\Deep Space 9 (ffmpeg ori)\Disk3\Star Trek Season 2- Disc 1_t01.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4
File size                                : 2.03 GiB
Duration                                 : 50 min 31 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 5 749 kb/s
Movie name                               : Star Trek Season 2: Disc 1
Writing application                      : Lavf59.3.101
Writing library                          : Lavf59.3.101
ErrorDetectionType                       : Per level 1

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main 10@L4@Main
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Bit rate                                 : 14.4 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.290
Stream size                              : 5.09 GiB
Writing library                          : Lavc59.1.102 libsvt_hevc
Language                                 : rom
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Color range                              : Limited

Audio #1
ID                                       : 5
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Codec ID                                 : A_FLAC
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 2 622 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Lb Rb
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 10.417 FPS (4608 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless
Delay relative to video                  : -42 ms
Stream size                              : 947 MiB (46%)
Title                                    : flac Surround 5.1
Language                                 : Italian
Forced                                   : Yes

Audio #2
ID                                       : 6
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Commercial name                          : Dolby Digital
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 192 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 32 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 69.4 MiB (3%)
Title                                    : Stereo
Service kind                             : Complete Main
Default                                  : No

Audio #3
ID                                       : 7
Language                                 : English

there is remarkable stuttering when I choose the flac track.

But if I run this line:

Code:
mkvmerge -o "Star Trek Season 2- Disc 1_t05_ok.mkv"   "Star Trek Season 2- Disc 1_t05.mkv"
The stuttering is reduced to 90% on flac track and I get this result:

Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 218662047772936570314451312862733510369 (0xA480C74F192512B8CDAEEF935AB3A6E1)
Complete name                            : G:\Film da ottimizzare per blu ray\Deep Space 9 (ffmpeg ori)\Disk3\Star Trek Season 2- Disc 1_t01_ok.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4
File size                                : 2.01 GiB
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 5 686 kb/s
Movie name                               : Star Trek Season 2: Disc 1
Encoded date                             : UTC 2021-07-10 06:48:51
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v58.0.0 ('Supper's Ready') 64-bit
Writing library                          : libebml v1.4.2 + libmatroska v1.6.4 / Lavf59.3.101

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main 10@L4@Main
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Bit rate                                 : 2 629 kb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.053
Stream size                              : 950 MiB (46%)
Writing library                          : Lavc59.1.102 libsvt_hevc
Color range                              : Limited

Audio #1
ID                                       : 5
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Codec ID                                 : A_FLAC
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 2 622 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Lb Rb
Frame rate                               : 10.417 FPS (4608 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless
Stream size                              : 947 MiB (46%)
Title                                    : flac Surround 5.1
Language                                 : Italian
Forced                                   : Yes

Audio #2
ID                                       : 6

Audio #3
ID                                       : 7
Language                                 : English
If I play any mkv file with my PC using VLC all files work perfectly without stuttering, but if I play a MKV file with my panasonic Blu ray player the video is not perfectly smooth like PC.

I have tested it using USB 3.0 port with SSD Samsung, but the result is the some with any other disk (apart the optical disk where the result is perfect)

I ask if there is workaround with mkvmerge to solve this problem. thank you !
alex.brown111@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2021, 17:52   #1153  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

@Liisachan Thanks, I'll fix both.

Old 10th July 2021, 18:01   #1154  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital

Hi Mosu,

I've just finished uploading four (short duration) 2-layer Dolby Vision .m2ts contained sample files to your server...

EDIT: And the information I posted back in Jan 2020 is still relevant in your newer releases

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 10th July 2021 at 19:22.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2021, 10:43   #1155  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan View Post
1) GUI: Even if "Use legacy MIME types for font attachment" is checked, .ttc is treated as "font/collection" in v59 (not in v58).

2) Valid language variant tags may be refused, when its prefix is not "simple" as in:
Fixes for both have just been pushed.

Old 12th July 2021, 06:16   #1156  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qin

@Mosu
Thanks, 1) 2) both fixed! But I found different minor issues.

3) Just because LANG has valid extensions/variants A & B, doesn't mean LANG-A-B is valid.
Ex1. "de-1901-1996" obviously doesn't make sense.
Ex2. "zh-cmn-yue" should be invalid, as "zh-cmn" (Mandarin) can't be further extended as Cantonese (yue).
Ex3. Common sense dictates that "hy-arevela-arevmda" doesn't make sense either, as Eastern Armenian & Western Armenian are mutually exclusive concepts ("sl-rozaj-biske" has a different structure, where "biske" is explicitly allowed as a sub-variant of "sl-rozaj").

4) The "Edit Language" dialog should open by Alt (or something) + L. Some users, complaining about the increased number of clicks, might be happy this way too (with Alt+T and arrow keys, 0-click editing would be possible). If this isn't easy, maybe change the label "&Language" to "Langauge" to reduce UI confusion. Imho having two different UIs with the identical functions (clickable text and the pen button) is already slightly confusing.

Last edited by Liisachan; 12th July 2021 at 06:18.
Old 12th July 2021, 13:51   #1157  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

3. That's entirely correct, but nothing I'm going to fix, I've decided. I don't aim to create a 100% correct implementation. For example, at the moment I don't support grandfathered entries. Nor do I support entries with outdated codes (e.g. several examples in RFC 5646 use the country code "CS" which stood for the European country of "Serbia & Montenegro" — a country that doesn't exist anymore as they split into "Serbia" (RS) and "Montenegro" (ME); now "CS" isn't part of ISO 3166 anymore, and MKVToolNix rejects tags using it as invalid). And my code doesn't enforce the preferred order within extended language & variant sub-tags. Etc.

I consider it good enough. It should definitely not reject valid tags (apart from the grandfathered entries mentioned above), but I don't care that much for the other part (rejecting all invalid ones), to be honest.

4. Hmmmmmmmmm well. That won't make anyone not complain, I'm afraid. If they don't like the extra dialog, they don't like it. At the moment you can use the sequence "Alt+K Tab Space" for opening the dialog already. That's pretty quick to hit; shortening it to just Alt+L would not save that much time.

I'll think about it.

Edit: fixed key binding for "track name"; it's Alt+K, not Alt+T

Last edited by Mosu; 12th July 2021 at 13:55.
Old 12th July 2021, 20:18   #1158  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
4) The "Edit Language" dialog should open by Alt (or something) + L
GUI: mux: open language dialog when pressing track language label's shortcut

Old 12th July 2021, 21:05   #1159  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qin

3) is okay for now, not really a practical problem. I was just wondering if you really assume "zh-mnp-nan" is valid here:
Code:
EXPECT_TRUE(mtx::bcp47::language_c::parse("zh-mnp-nan-Hant-CN").is_valid());
There are many 639-3 tags that can't be supported as legacy (639-2 based) Language values in Matroska, and not yet supported as LanguageIETF either. However, perhaps "cnr" should be supported since it's in ISO 639-2.

4) was something more basic. If UI says "Cop&y, Trac&k, &Language", users think Alt+Y, Alt+K, Alt+L should work; Alt+L did work in the past, so thanks for making it work again. (I too doubt this will make Vicio any happier, though.)
Old 12th July 2021, 21:40   #1160  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
4) was something more basic. If UI says "Cop&y, Trac&k, &Language", users think Alt+Y, Alt+K, Alt+L should work
Yeah I totally agree. I didn't remember that "Language" already has a keyboard shortcut and it being present but not working is really not what I want.

I've just added similar shortcuts to almost all other places where language display widgets are used.

Tags
matroska