Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Closed Thread

Old 12th October 2006, 03:57   #401  |  Link
protectyoursources

You can force Individualization at this Microsoft Site

http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...en/indivit.asp

You Must use IE for the site to work .
Old 12th October 2006, 04:55   #402  |  Link
Blind Melon

Ok... FairUse4WM v. 1.3 is not working for me. I get this error...

D:\Documents and Settings\Fej\My Documents\My Music\Alice in Chains\Unplugged\07 - Rooster.wma requires a different private key.

I tried that individualize link thing, but it wouldn't upgrade my security, so I'm just really confused as to why it doesn't work because one day, it just stopped all of a sudden.
Old 12th October 2006, 05:10   #403  |  Link
Deihmos

Is this program still working? I tried it before and it worked but now it says there is no license.

Just got 1.3 and it freezes when I try to extract keys. Oh well i will just sign back up for napster to go.

Last edited by Deihmos; 12th October 2006 at 05:30.
Old 12th October 2006, 09:14   #404  |  Link
JoernP

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectyoursources View Post
Thank you for trying to help, but just like in odysseys case I'm not using one-play licenses.
Old 12th October 2006, 13:59   #405  |  Link
protectyoursources

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoernP View Post
Thank you for trying to help, but just like in odysseys case I'm not using one-play licenses.
Viadentia just pointed out one case where you might encounter that error ,There are other cases like a invalid license that will provide the same error .
Old 12th October 2006, 14:00   #406  |  Link
protectyoursources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Melon View Post
Ok... FairUse4WM v. 1.3 is not working for me. I get this error...

D:\Documents and Settings\Fej\My Documents\My Music\Alice in Chains\Unplugged\07 - Rooster.wma requires a different private key.

I tried that individualize link thing, but it wouldn't upgrade my security, so I'm just really confused as to why it doesn't work because one day, it just stopped all of a sudden.
Try the back button and extract the key many pieces of content can have different keys ...
Old 12th October 2006, 17:33   #407  |  Link
Redmondman

New problem - output file won't play (C00D1356)

Most of my files work great. I have this one stubborn file (purchased track, have the license, FU4WM converts successfully), but when I try to play it, WMP pops up the missing license error (C00D1356). I confirmed with a metadata editor that "Is_Protected" is false.

Other interesting notes: WMVCOPY (from the SDK) works, but also results in a files that pops C00D1356. However, DSCOPY also works and results in a playable file.

Which leads me to suspect the resulting metadata (the output of DSCOPY has the bare minimum metadata). If considered interesting, I can post the metadata here.
Old 12th October 2006, 18:50   #408  |  Link
Blind Melon

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectyoursources View Post
Try the back button and extract the key many pieces of content can have different keys ...
SO THATS WHAT I DO WITH THE BACK BUTTON AND RECOVER KEYS... Genius. Thank you so much... now if only I can get iPodRip to work. Haha. Also, one last question... is there a way I can just get rid of the "No-DRM" that appears before every file other than having to go in each file and deleting it from the file name?
Old 12th October 2006, 19:57   #409  |  Link
valiant2

Here in the UK, Sky Broadband (movie downloads) pulled their service a few weeks back after the first version of FairUseWM came out, stating that they had to "make an essential update" to the "security system". Google cache here:

http://tinyurl.com/y23vah

Today the service seems to have been re-instated:

http://www.skymovies.com/skybybroadb...me/0,,,00.html

Has something changed? Has Microsoft brought out another patch that I've missed? Or maybe they've finally decided that DRM isn't worth the hassle?
Old 12th October 2006, 23:52   #410  |  Link
Danj

Quote:
Originally Posted by valiant2 View Post
Here in the UK, Sky Broadband (movie downloads) pulled their service a few weeks back after the first version of FairUseWM came out, stating that they had to "make an essential update" to the "security system". Google cache here:

http://tinyurl.com/y23vah

Today the service seems to have been re-instated:

http://www.skymovies.com/skybybroadb...me/0,,,00.html

Has something changed? Has Microsoft brought out another patch that I've missed? Or maybe they've finally decided that DRM isn't worth the hassle?
Well, [deleted]. I can only assume that either they've decided they don't care any more, or they thought that 30 days would be a long enough period to allow for Microsoft to fix the issue.

Last edited by Danj; 13th October 2006 at 10:05. Reason: rule 6
Old 13th October 2006, 00:38   #411  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

@Danj - please refer to rule 6.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
Old 13th October 2006, 11:22   #412  |  Link
zhuwg

Thanks ang good job
Old 13th October 2006, 13:08   #413  |  Link
TheVMan

Quote:
... Also, one last question... is there a way I can just get rid of the "No-DRM" that appears before every file other than having to go in each file and deleting it from the file name?...
That's my favorite part! Now I can easily tell my DRM'd from my non-DRM'd files. I love the [NoDRM].
Old 13th October 2006, 18:29   #414  |  Link
unknownsoldierX

Is there a way to unDRM WMV files without having to play each one first? I load a dozen files that all share the same license into FU4WM and I get warnings for the ones I haven't played yet.

Warnings like

1.wmv does not appear to be licensed to you.
6.wmv does not have a recognizable DRM header.
Old 13th October 2006, 20:51   #415  |  Link
Blind Melon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVMan View Post
That's my favorite part! Now I can easily tell my DRM'd from my non-DRM'd files. I love the [NoDRM].
I like to have my file names, what they're named... like, track 1 name, not having a NO-DRM in front of it... that really annoys me. But if there's no fix, that's all cool-in-the-gang.
Old 13th October 2006, 20:58   #416  |  Link
Danj

Quote:
I like to have my file names, what they're named... like, track 1 name, not having a NO-DRM in front of it... that really annoys me. But if there's no fix, that's all cool-in-the-gang.
You could always use one of the many batch renaming tools available on the internet to fix up the filenames? Besides, it seems like a good thing that the utility doesn't overwrite the original file, in case something goes wrong.
Old 13th October 2006, 21:01   #417  |  Link
Danj

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldierX View Post
Is there a way to unDRM WMV files without having to play each one first? I load a dozen files that all share the same license into FU4WM and I get warnings for the ones I haven't played yet.

Warnings like

1.wmv does not appear to be licensed to you.
6.wmv does not have a recognizable DRM header.
If the vendor you bought the files off didn't use the "predelivery" license method, and you haven't played the files yet, then you won't have gotten a license for them. You don't have to play them all the way through, you just have to load them up and make sure WMP acquires the license. Assuming you have WMV files associated to WMP, you could just multiple select them in Explorer, hit Enter, then press the Next Track button after WMP acquires each license and starts to play.
Old 14th October 2006, 00:19   #418  |  Link
Deihmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj View Post
If the vendor you bought the files off didn't use the "predelivery" license method, and you haven't played the files yet, then you won't have gotten a license for them. You don't have to play them all the way through, you just have to load them up and make sure WMP acquires the license. Assuming you have WMV files associated to WMP, you could just multiple select them in Explorer, hit Enter, then press the Next Track button after WMP acquires each license and starts to play.
Does Fairuse still work with napster tracks? Doesn't seem that it does.
Old 14th October 2006, 00:30   #419  |  Link
odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoernP View Post
First of all it only works with applications that can handle DRM (like Windows Media Player & Napster). A normal CD burning program will not work.
Nero works too! (However, I like the concept of having the original source files, and are smaller than storing lossless decompressed)
Old 14th October 2006, 06:35   #420  |  Link
Blind Melon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj View Post
You could always use one of the many batch renaming tools available on the internet to fix up the filenames? Besides, it seems like a good thing that the utility doesn't overwrite the original file, in case something goes wrong.
Oh no, not overwriting the file, just having the no-drm show up, it's just a little nit-picking from me, sorry. Thanks to whoever made this program though!
Closed Thread