Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th February 2021, 01:25   #61241  |  Link
Dogway

Is there a way to show file title OSD on exclusive fullscreen? Looked for it on keymaps so probably not? or through pixel shaders maybe (MPC-HC)?
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 10:12   #61242  |  Link
zveroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
2nd EDIT: Mathias posted a fixed build: http://madshi.net/madVRhdrMeasure123b.zip
Statistics show 1920x2160 instead of 1920x1080.
Why? Is it issue?

Please tell me on which site can I get test builds of the madVR?
zveroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 12:23   #61243  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
It stores the settings in the Registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\madshi\madVR

The settings .bin file is just an extra backup copy of the settings. It is not required.
I know, but does it try to write settings.bin, and does it fail gracefully if it can't?

Just curious, since the OP solved his problem.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 14:24   #61244  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkauff View Post
I know, but does it try to write settings.bin, and does it fail gracefully if it can't?
Yes, if it cannot write the user doesn't even know; settings.bin is simply not created.
Old 7th February 2021, 19:18   #61245  |  Link
VBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zveroboy View Post
Statistics show 1920x2160 instead of 1920x1080.
Why? Is it issue?

Please tell me on which site can I get test builds of the madVR?
No issues with this build. For new builds, use the same link and simply change the number. For example, the next one will be called "madVRhdrMeasure124.zip".

If you want to know more about the testing, see here https://www.avsforum.com/threads/imp...ector.2954506/

Last edited by VBB; 7th February 2021 at 19:22.
VBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 19:41   #61246  |  Link
zveroboy

Quote:
No issues with this build.
LAV-Video-Filter ---> 1920x1080 (No issue)
MPC-BE (Internal Filter) ---> 1920x2160

Quote:
For new builds, use the same link and simply change the number. For example, the next one will be called "madVRhdrMeasure124.zip".
Thanks alot!
zveroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2021, 02:58   #61247  |  Link
stmhlm

I'm unable to load a custom arve curve for tone mapping in madVR.

I understand that madVR's own tone mapping is better since it's dynamic, but figured I could try loading arve curves into madVR to see how they would perform in my projector.

Once I select 'arve custom curve' in 'tone mapping curve' an explorer window opens where it lets me select the .conf file, once selected/loaded by pressing 'Open', madVR instead selects 'BT.2390'.

If I select 'BT.2390' from the list, I cannot 'Apply' it, because it has already been applied by trying to load the custom arve curve.

Support for arve curves was implemented in v0.92.13, I've tried that build, and all builds up to the most recent build, no luck at all.

You cannot load arve curves with the latest HDR build installed/patched, so obviously those builds are not installed.

I've tried two different curves, one with 'eo' set to 'eotf_pq' and one set to 'eotf_gamma_2_4' but none seem to bite.

Can anyone of you replicate the issue?

I'm using Javs V3 curve, from AVSforum, specifically the '1200nitv3' curve, you'll find it below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbwz9fyt62...%20v3.zip?dl=1

Thanks!
stmhlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2021, 15:57   #61248  |  Link
slappy

Can someone confirm that new AMD cards like the 6800xt are supporting 3D mvc mkv. I need to upgrade my system and nvidia dropped the 3D support on their drivers.
slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2021, 16:36   #61249  |  Link
mclingo

the 5700 series does so it should do, there has been no announcement about pulling this, all current drivers still work on my card
Old 17th February 2021, 18:22   #61250  |  Link
HillieSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang3l View Post
how is the situation on hdr switching for amd rx6000 and nvidia rtx3000? right now I have a rx480 and it works without problems

also the 23.976hz for the nvida rtx has improved? in the past I had a 9600gt and it was a disaster compared to amd

sorry guys but it's hard to get this fresh new information
Hi, I had a similar question regarding the AMD RX480 not long ago. I went to the nvidia rtx 3060 Ti because the newest AMD cards were not available and the prices were high sky. Also madvr is fast on nvidia.

NVidia runs correct and stable out of the box with madvr. No cru required. Only Windows doesn't switch to HDR automatically. It's known to be a driver issue.
HillieSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2021, 22:25   #61251  |  Link
menac1ty

I have a GTX 980Ti and a Ryzen 2600x
1080p
When playing a video file with madVr, the whole system restarts within 10 seconds. I've tried 32bit and 64bit, different settings, updated LAV filters, nothing.
I have no issue in games or any type of stress testing the GPU.
What's the problem?
menac1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2021, 22:42   #61252  |  Link
KrazyLurt

Nvidia 461.40 Vsync workaround

Updating to 461.40 indeed changes how vsync acts and for me it introduces small stutters ( no drops in the OSD).

The solution for me is to again check fullscreen exclusive mode in the MadVR settings. This works with mpc-hc.
Sadly not with PotPlayer, let me know why or how to solve it.

- Sidenote for mpv users -
Same issue , solved with using opengl, I use these flags:
# no vsync issues
gpu-api=opengl
opengl-swapinterval=1
fbo-format=rgba16f # required for fsrcnnx with opengl

I usually use d3d11 or vulkan so a solution to this as well is welcomed.
KrazyLurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 00:46   #61253  |  Link
Warlock

I was having a lot of stutterings with the rtx 2060, no drop frames, driver v460,79. Presentation glitches were many, just open the video on the mpc-hc and it was already 4 ~ 5 and it kept increasing. It only solved the problem when the vsync was turned off on the nvidia control panel for the mpc-hc and the madvr executable, then it solved the problem of stutterings, it's over, now everything flows perfectly. In short, vsync active at least for me only causes problems with madvr, if you don't want to turn it off for the whole system, do the test only with the video player and madvr, at least it's working very well for me.
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 01:04   #61254  |  Link
Asmodian

Did you try "application controlled" instead of on or off?
Old 19th February 2021, 01:05   #61255  |  Link
KrazyLurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
I was having a lot of stutterings with the rtx 2060, no drop frames, driver v460,79. Presentation glitches were many, just open the video on the mpc-hc and it was already 4 ~ 5 and it kept increasing. It only solved the problem when the vsync was turned off on the nvidia control panel for the mpc-hc and the madvr executable, then it solved the problem of stutterings, it's over, now everything flows perfectly. In short, vsync active at least for me only causes problems with madvr, if you don't want to turn it off for the whole system, do the test only with the video player and madvr, at least it's working very well for me.
Yeah tried that, no vsync removes the stutters but introduces tearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Did you try "application controlled" instead of on or off?
Yeah I have tried all three, all combinations with above applications+madvr. Application controlled is the recommended by Nvidia going forward but it's a shame that the vsync is acting up. I've tried a bunch of different things like turning on HAGS to nu avail.

Last edited by KrazyLurt; 19th February 2021 at 01:10.
Old 19th February 2021, 02:12   #61256  |  Link
KrazyLurt

SOLVED the Vsync in Mpc-HC, and PotPlayer w MadVR

Well I solved my issue, I hope this post will be useful.
As mentioned earlier, had vsync issues, solved in mpc-hc with fullscreen exclusive but it didnt work with PotPlayer.

Well this is solved in MadVR settings:

EDIT: Asmodian corrected my error of reasoning, so this is my solution after adjusting as Asmodian explained below

Lower the vaule "present several frames in advanced" to "1", this work under "window mode" and "exclusive mode"

I previously had it 8 frames in advanced. The only value working for me is "1".

Only thing left now is getting d3d11 and vulkan APIs working in MPV, I havent found any flag for editing how many frames presented in advance, maybe its somewhere in the io manual or it doesnt work the same. Anyway, input is welcomed as usual.

Last edited by KrazyLurt; 19th February 2021 at 03:11. Reason: Correction after explanatinon in Asmodian's post below
Old 19th February 2021, 02:41   #61257  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyLurt View Post
I previously had it checked and 8 frames in advanced. The only value working is 1 or (of course, same thing) toggle it off.
This is not the same thing at all!

If you turn it off it uses a very old method to present the frames. Notice how it changes to "how many backbuffers shall be used:" instead of "how many video frames shall be presented in advance:"?

I have been recommending <=3 frames presented in advance for a long time now. I definitely had stuttering with values >3 well before this driver update. Many users report best results with it set to 1.

Using backbuffers instead is not recommended, though I am not sure exactly why. Slower?
Old 19th February 2021, 02:59   #61258  |  Link
KrazyLurt

Okay, sorry about writing it as the same thing, to the not too experienced eye it looked like it would behave the same way.

Thanks for the heads-up , I will adjust my settings accordingly.
Old 19th February 2021, 10:25   #61259  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
This is not the same thing at all!

If you turn it off it uses a very old method to present the frames. Notice how it changes to "how many backbuffers shall be used:" instead of "how many video frames shall be presented in advance:"?

I have been recommending <=3 frames presented in advance for a long time now. I definitely had stuttering with values >3 well before this driver update. Many users report best results with it set to 1.

Using backbuffers instead is not recommended, though I am not sure exactly why. Slower?
Is the recommended 3 frames in advance or less for turing and ampere cards only? What about pascal cards?
Siso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2021, 11:24   #61260  |  Link
Asmodian

It seems to be everything with more recent drivers but I only have personal experiance with Turing and Ampere.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling