Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 4th May 2024, 08:52   #1  |  Link
Jamaika

What do you think about the European Green Deal?

I just had to do training at the company on optimizing employee and computer performance processes.
We throw away stationary computers because they consume too much power, laptops are obsolete and too large. Each employee must go to work using a company cell phone, complete training using a cell phone, and scan products using a cell phone.
The company blocked websites outside the company. Where to print the document? At home. It's a waste of paper at work. This is what it looks like for you in the 21st century.
Jamaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2024, 09:53   #2  |  Link
richardpl

more like 1st century.
richardpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2024, 10:46   #3  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Total madness, the same madness they imposed by banning the sale of 8K TVs cause they were too power hungry.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2024, 11:09   #4  |  Link
rwill

Is this a political or religious discussion or both?
I am asking because of Rule #15...
rwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2024, 13:37   #5  |  Link
Jamaika

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwill View Post
Is this a political or religious discussion or both?
I am asking because of Rule #15...
My market is apolitical and supposedly ecological. I need to implement the training. Process optimization is to be improved by 2030.
What price-wise smartphones are recommended for employees? What should the ergonomics be like for video films? Should youtube be shared?
I heard that as a corporation we are lagging behind from the west/east in Central Europe. The lag of digital technology is 5 years. So what is the future? Users can show off new trends as they work in the East and West. We're not talking about remote work here. This is quite interesting.
Jamaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2024, 07:52   #6  |  Link
Katie Boundary

They're making you use smartphones because they have a harder time spying on you through a Linux desktop or laptop.
Old 13th June 2024, 08:24   #7  |  Link
DTL

It is normal end of civilization - no more personal computers in the form of desktop or even notebook compatible with programming or digital video processing as we do in 200x. It is era of only some poor internal camera and some auto-processing firmware and very small poket-sized screen ready to display VHS-like quality. Though it is still not very bad step to totally nothing with single step.

Some still good thing about imaging with very small sized screens - people finally stop pixel-peeping about more and more 'resolution' of less and less good looking images and may invest more to the very general basics of image like big basic shapes and composition and colour and lighting.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2024, 17:40   #8  |  Link
richardpl

There is no end of civilization at all, it will just be reshaped again, some rich becomes more rich and all the rest becomes more and more poor.
richardpl is offline   Reply With Quote