Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 9th September 2010, 00:20   #41  |  Link
Bi11
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
doom9 forums are not a community.
http://forum.doom9.org/faq.php?faq=v..._waitingperiod
I don't have anything against you Sharktooth, but please let Doom9 speak for himself.
Bi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 00:26   #42  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

well, doom9 also said that: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=52597
the "community" term is not appropriately used in the text of that FAQ.
or better, the doom9 forums HOSTS a community of ppl but it's not community driven.
btw, im not against anyone im just trying to explain why ppl has no right to make decisions (forum related decisions) here.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 00:38   #43  |  Link
Bi11
Architect

Your're not making much sense. The thread you linked to says the opposite of what you're saying. "Community" is used there to mean "community-driven", i.e. it's mostly community members who contribute to the body of knowledge on this forum.
Bi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 00:44   #44  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

yes that's true, maybe i did not explain myself enough. what im trying to say is this forum is not owned by the community so the community can not make the rules and can not make decisions.
at best the community can make suggestions.
Old 9th September 2010, 01:19   #45  |  Link
PhrostByte
Grand Fruitioner

@Sharktooth doom9.org it is not owned by the community, but that does not make it wrong to question and discuss its owner's rules and the people who enforce in his name. Being given something for free is not a reason to hold your tongue.
PhrostByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 01:23   #46  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

i didnt say that. i just said we cant make the rules. we can discuss about them with the admin but we cant expect doom9 to accept all our (read: users) requests. afterall this site (forum, web, etc) is his site...
Old 9th September 2010, 02:51   #47  |  Link
HJRodrigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
@HJRodrigo
Your account is a total misrepresentation of the facts and you do nobody any good by posting it and thereby creating new controversies that don't exist.
Please elaborate. None of the info I have provided is new, hence how can there be new controversies? I just read what everyone was writing and tried to put it in chronological order. The problem is you have deleted so much it is hard to put things back together to get a clear picture, all we can see are bits and peices. According to the IRC logs, PMs, and archived comments I have read, I have the progression of events correct. I will agree that my interpretation maybe wrong, since I am just saying what I was told afterall.

If I am wrong or inaccurate anywhere please tell me how so, rather than just flat out saying my account is a "total misrepresentation". I like knowing the truth and being accurate.

First I was curious as to the origins of your issues with ffmpeg and DS and I was pointed to this link and was told you were uspset with FFMPEG and DS because of this and was told it was due to this you incorrectly made claims about FFMPEG violating MPEGLA licensing without checking your facts first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintdev
Dark_Shikari found a possible license violation by DGAVCDec (http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html).
And the following excerpts directly from several of your posts seem to clearly demonstrate you are upset, so I believed what people are saying as they have supporting posts to point me to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
...nobody bothered to email me about it before putting me in a Hall of Shame? This has caused me distress as I have always been a champion of OSS... I just want this entry removed as it is affecting my reputation as an OSS developer... In the meantime, do I have to continue to be help up to shame and ridicule? This is ridiculous... Why can't this whole silly busy go away. I did nothing wrong and you are runing my reputation... I don't need to do it. I do the work for free and offer it to the community. I have tried to adhere to the licensing and a misunderstanding occurred due to a mistake in another software distribution. Now you're going to punish everyone because you don't like me?!... I'm not selling this thing. From day one, I offered the source code, credited Michael, and tried to do the right thing. And now I find myself in a nightmare situation because someone wouldn't extend me the courtesy of emailing or PMing me to alert me that ffdshow had compiled for GPL but not changed the license file... I don't deserve all this and I have to wonder whether someone has an agenda.
I have no idea if you fairly banned DS or not, as all related posts that you could have pointed to have been deleted by you. But your actions seem highly suspect, as DS was the person who originally pointed out the issue with your software. I always thought that you were a good guy and I STILL do. So If my understanding is wrong, simply explain your side in an informative/detailed way and I will correct my understanding of the situation.

Last edited by HJRodrigo; 9th September 2010 at 03:05.
HJRodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 02:59   #48  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJRodrigo View Post
I have no idea...
Exactly my point.

Last edited by Guest; 9th September 2010 at 03:03.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 03:06   #49  |  Link
HJRodrigo

Quote:
Exactly my point.
I agree, I really don't have any idea

Last edited by HJRodrigo; 9th September 2010 at 04:55.
HJRodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 07:36   #50  |  Link
lych_necross
ZZZzzzz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyDog View Post
Jeez, how has this thread evolved into the animal that it's become. Just close the beast. Doom9 is Doom9's to do with as he pleases, and I for one think he's doing (and done) a pretty damn fine job.
Seconded!! Until the users start paying for the privilege of accessing this forum, Doom9 runs the show. End of discussion. Quit arguing over semantics. Jesus, tHe WoRd CoMmUnItY iS uSeD iNcOrReCtLy!?! LET IT GO!!!!
lych_necross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 10:58   #51  |  Link
Kuukunen

Quote:
Quote:
I have no idea [if you fairly banned DS or not]
Exactly my point.
And that's just the thing.
It's impossible to have a good idea of these things after they happen because most of the evidence has been removed. (Just as planned?) And since it was you who removed it, one can only assume the evidence was harmful to you.
Kuukunen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 11:23   #52  |  Link

I answer to Doom9, not you. He has what he needs to reach any needed conclusion.

Last edited by Guest; 9th September 2010 at 11:29.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:36   #53  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuukunen View Post
And that's just the thing.
It's impossible to have a good idea of these things after they happen because most of the evidence has been removed. (Just as planned?) And since it was you who removed it, one can only assume the evidence was harmful to you.
nothing has been "hard deleted". doom9 has all "deleted" posts/thread available to him.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:28   #54  |  Link
Kuukunen

Quote:
nothing has been "hard deleted". doom9 has all "deleted" posts/thread available to him.
Meanwhile in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Unfortunately, the record keeping was done improperly... I only have posts that were removed (because I need to be able to follow what has transpired in the proper order, I have therefore rewritten the moderator rules so that they ask for exact record keeping
Old 9th September 2010, 17:31   #55  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

he means he has all deleted posts but in the wrong order (meaning he doesnt know when the post x or y were deleted and in what situation). so he have to rebuild the order to understand what was going on. however, as i understood, no posts were deleted permanently.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:31   #56  |  Link

That doesn't mean deleted. It means the order is hard to follow because they are not in their original location. They are now in Thread Moderation.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:55   #57  |  Link
Hagbard23
23sKiDdOo!

Then please release your work (the "original" order of all deleted posts) to all of us to clarify the facts one for all time.

Mean: Show the deleted posts again so that all of us can take part in investigation what the thruth was...

... Or are you afraid of that?

Doom9 & Mods: Do you really think there is some kind of "control" at all, when you are not able to answer questions, because the things are out of "original order"? That sounds pretty sarcastic to me...you delete posts, and when the question appears if that was right or not, you "sorry" yourself with the fact, that you do not see clear through the "chaos" in your business?

If even the administrative has no idea of how the things really were, then the question comes to me: "Why are you doing so much effort on keeping information-control? And what is the actual effect of these efforts?"

Sorry - i don't wanna do harm on somebody - sorry if my words sound hard in someway.

Last edited by Hagbard23; 9th September 2010 at 18:15.
Hagbard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 18:08   #58  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

hagbard it's not physically possible. posts where moved from the original thread to the thread moderation. hence the record keeping was lost...
Old 9th September 2010, 19:10   #59  |  Link
Kuukunen

Quote:
he means he has all deleted posts but in the wrong order (meaning he doesnt know when the post x or y were deleted and in what situation). so he have to rebuild the order to understand what was going on. however, as i understood, no posts were deleted permanently.
Point was, in either case, it's not very "available" if it required rule changes to make it possible/feasible/easy to sort out what happened.

On the other hand, to non-mods it doesn't matter if it was hard or soft deletion. They can't see them anyway and pretty much have to form their opinions based on rumors and impressions.
Old 9th September 2010, 20:00   #60  |  Link
Astrophizz

Well I saw most of the posts. I had to refresh fast though as they were being posted and deleted rather quickly. Basically neuron2 went OT in his own thread, said that nobody else could reply to the false OT statement within that thread, and punished anyone who did. Then several other people started new threads about the subject and he deleted those threads. As I recall not all of the new threads had insults. Komisar's thread OP was almost identical to some earlier (deleted) thread OPs.
Astrophizz is offline   Reply With Quote