Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 7th May 2013, 17:22   #15081  |  Link
mindbomb

Yea, im trying it on a xonar sound card that has asio support. I tried stereo 16 bit out of lav audio, and that still went to directsound instead in mpc hc.
well, it sounds like the renderer needs more work anyway, back to reclock.

Last edited by mindbomb; 7th May 2013 at 17:25.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 18:48   #15082  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Over here, only the old version of the ASIO Renderer works ("half-assedly", I must say). It doesn't like AC3Filter though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ASIO-Renderer.zip (40.8 KB, 112 views)
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 02:43   #15083  |  Link
jkauff

I've never used ASIO Renderer, but the ASIO setting in JRiver MediaCenter works fine with LAV. I don't think it's a LAV problem.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 07:02   #15084  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
Yea, im trying it on a xonar sound card that has asio support. I tried stereo 16 bit out of lav audio, and that still went to directsound instead in mpc hc.
well, it sounds like the renderer needs more work anyway, back to reclock.
disable audio switcher and use the old version.

that "works" with my essence stx but is far from perfect loop doesn't work
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 16:45   #15085  |  Link
raisedbywolves

just curious if anyone can help me out here. just bought a new laptop (asus ux31a) which has an i5 ivy bridge processor with hd 4000 graphics. installed the latest drivers and everything, but i'm getting that dreaded quicksync not available thing in lav. i've googled and nothing i've found has really helped. the fake screen is for people with multi-gpu's, but i tried it anyway just for the hell of it and that didn't help. went back to older drivers, that didn't help. uninstalled, reinstalled, that didn't work. any clue as to what else i could do?
raisedbywolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 21:39   #15086  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
just curious if anyone can help me out here. just bought a new laptop (asus ux31a) which has an i5 ivy bridge processor with hd 4000 graphics. installed the latest drivers and everything, but i'm getting that dreaded quicksync not available thing in lav. i've googled and nothing i've found has really helped. the fake screen is for people with multi-gpu's, but i tried it anyway just for the hell of it and that didn't help. went back to older drivers, that didn't help. uninstalled, reinstalled, that didn't work. any clue as to what else i could do?
Did you download the drivers from Asus or Intel? The Intel drivers definitely have the QuickSync libraries, but maybe the Asus ones don't. The Windows Update drivers don't have QuickSync, so don't use those.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 03:03   #15087  |  Link
raisedbywolves

i figured out what it was and i feel pretty dumb about it, but apparently the quicksync decoder doesn't work with windows 8. makes me tempted to go back to windows 7 now.
Old 9th May 2013, 03:45   #15088  |  Link
huhn

should work in windows 8.

Quote:
3. Windows 7 (32/64) or newer OS. Should work in Vista but I can't test this.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=162442

try this driver or/and ask egur.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3498&DwnldID=22652&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors+with+Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics+4000%2f2500&lang=eng
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 05:20   #15089  |  Link
raisedbywolves

that's the driver i have installed. and i read in the thread somewhere about him talking about how windows 8 has to use directx 11 and the quicksync decoder is set up to work directx 9 or something like that.
Old 9th May 2013, 06:02   #15090  |  Link
wanezhiling

No any relation, qs decoder works fine on win8
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 07:20   #15091  |  Link
raisedbywolves

oh, wow. then i have no clue. i have the latest drivers from intel, i tried the latest drivers from asus, i did the fake display thing, i've tried installing an older version of lav. can't get it to work.
Old 9th May 2013, 14:35   #15092  |  Link
Superb

Do you have a secondary graphics card installed? If so, connect the display to the Intel display slot on your machine (just for testing). Works then?
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 15:36   #15093  |  Link
raisedbywolves

no secondary graphics card. it's an asus ultrabook with an i5-3517u and hd 4000 graphics.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:30   #15094  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I have a UX31A myself, and QuickSync works just fine on it. Like others suggested, make sure you install the official drivers directly from Intel.
If everything is installed properly, you should have a file like this, which is the main driver for the Intel decoder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Media SDK\libmfxhw32.dll
Old 9th May 2013, 16:42   #15095  |  Link
noee

@nevcairiel:
I see you're making some changes (git), just FYI, on the your latest git ffmpeg build, I'm getting:

common.mak:139: *** missing separator. Stop.
noee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 16:45   #15096  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Checkout with LF line endings only, and that error will never bother you again.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:50   #15097  |  Link
raisedbywolves

okay, this is odd. i checked my intel directory and there wasn't anything in there but i know i definitely installed the newest driver and to that directory. so i did a search for that file you mentioned and oddly enough, i found that and all the other files in the temp directory? i have no clue how that happened. i know that the driver install should default to the intel directory in program files, so i have no clue what's going on. but that probably explains it. i'm guessing the quicksync decoder calls to that file and it's not locating it there.
Old 9th May 2013, 21:17   #15098  |  Link
bejita7

If I have 2.1 speakers should I enable dowmixing to Stereo in LAV Audio Mixing tab? There's no 2.1 in output speaker configuration list, so that means there's no difference between 2.1 and Stereo? (I have speakers connected only with green minijack)
bejita7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 22:47   #15099  |  Link
DragonQ

If the speakers are connected via a single plug then it is only being fed a stereo signal anyway. The control box (usually on the subwoofer) controls which frequencies get output by the sub and satellites. So yes, choose stereo.

2.1 is only different to 2.0 in terms of output when you have a separate sub connection. It's why with some AVRs you must choose "stereo" to get stereo sound redirected correctly to a sub - using "direct", "pass-through" or similar will simply send the two channels to the two front speakers and bypass the sub.
Old 10th May 2013, 07:51   #15100  |  Link
dansrfe

Small requests:

1) Selective channel mute
2) Master/Selective channel volume increase/decrease

Small bug (maybe?): When I add an audio delay or make any other changes and press "OK" I'm expecting the changes to the settings I've made to be temporary and only last until I close the player. When I press "Apply" I expect it to persist which works just fine. The problem is that "OK" works the same as "Apply".

Thanks for all your excellent work on LAVFilters, nevcairiel!

Last edited by dansrfe; 10th May 2013 at 08:07.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter