Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 4th May 2013, 15:38   #15061  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Oops, thanks for the heads-up on the WM9 DMO sub-option as I completely missed it

BTW, is it possible to use LAV for 50i european DVB-T? The more it goes, the more I realize that many/most flat TV's embed crapstatic deinterlacers(combing artifacts/dropped frames altogether) and IME CUVID works amazingly well

I can see that in PotP I can select a DBV-T input device but I have no idea how that'd work and whether I could decode the 576i/1080i@50 streams via mVR(with smooth-motion)/Reclock(with inverse palspeedup) and LAV with CUVID

Last edited by leeperry; 4th May 2013 at 16:13.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 15:48   #15062  |  Link
Weirdo

I am trying to open a DVC PRO HD .mov file, and while the LAV Video + MPC-HC's internal splitter combination have no problems with it (with "Source Filters-MP4/MOV" enabled), the LAV Splitter cannot open it. MPC-HC pin info here.

Last edited by Weirdo; 4th May 2013 at 15:52.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 16:08   #15063  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
I am trying to open a DVC PRO HD .mov file, and while the LAV Video + MPC-HC's internal splitter combination have no problems with it (with "Source Filters-MP4/MOV" enabled), the LAV Splitter cannot open it. MPC-HC pin info here.
I added more FourCCs to LAV Video, so that it recognizes "dvhq" as well.
In my experience its better to keep the same FourCC as the source file has, because it helps to identify the DV profile used by the decoder, instead of mapping all DV profiles to one FourCC like the MPC-HC decoder does.
Old 4th May 2013, 16:39   #15064  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
BTW, is it possible to use LAV for 50i european DVB-T? The more it goes, the more I realize that many/most flat TV's embed crapstatic deinterlacers(combing artifacts/dropped frames altogether) and IME CUVID works amazingly well
Of course. LAV Filters is recommended for most HTPC software; I use it myself with MediaPortal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
I can see that in PotP I can select a DBV-T input device but I have no idea how that'd work and whether I could decode the 576i/1080i@50 streams via mVR(with smooth-motion)/Reclock(with inverse palspeedup) and LAV with CUVID
Using MadVR is a bit more tricky since most HTPC software doesn't support it yet (JRiver is the only one I believe and it isn't free). Obviously you can watch recorded TV in the same way you'd watch any other video file though.

Not sure why you'd need Reclock. Smooth Motion would only be necessary with a display that doesn't support 50p (e.g. computer monitors).
Old 5th May 2013, 06:37   #15065  |  Link
skingery

Quick Sync unavailable

Might not be the place for this but I thought maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
I have a Sandy Bridge processor and using LAV Video the option for Quicksync says unavailable. I have the latest driver from Intel. Also the latest BIOS. Oddly, it used to work on the PC so I must have done something odd.
Are their any tools for checking Quicksync?
skingery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 11:08   #15066  |  Link
Superb

Did you install the official Intel Graphics drivers from Intel.com? If not, do that.
The ones from Windows Update aren't enough AFAIK.
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 17:46   #15067  |  Link
skingery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
Did you install the official Intel Graphics drivers from Intel.com? If not, do that.
The ones from Windows Update aren't enough AFAIK.
Yep. And the SDK is in the Program Files folder. And it works with Babgvant's qstranscode. Just doesn't seem to be detected by LAV.
Old 5th May 2013, 18:35   #15068  |  Link
wanezhiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by skingery View Post
Just doesn't seem to be detected by LAV.
Try ffdshow
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 19:22   #15069  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You don't need to install any SDK, only the complete driver. And of course, a screen needs to be connected to the Intel GPU.
Old 5th May 2013, 19:30   #15070  |  Link
Hera
.NET Web App Dev

Is it possible to force it to buffer more? (Seems to stop buffering in a few seconds)

For smooth playback of video files on shared network folder?
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 21:06   #15071  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Might not be the place for this but I thought maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
I have a Sandy Bridge processor and using LAV Video the option for Quicksync says unavailable. I have the latest driver from Intel. Also the latest BIOS. Oddly, it used to work on the PC so I must have done something odd.
Are their any tools for checking Quicksync?
I believe this works only on Windows 7/8. What OS are you using?
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 21:21   #15072  |  Link
Soukyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Is it possible to force it to buffer more? (Seems to stop buffering in a few seconds)

For smooth playback of video files on shared network folder?
If you have a stable WLAN N or any LAN connection, you shouldn't have any problems with playback over network. About the only problem I have is MPC not getting stuck if I send the PC to sleep and then resume from it. But that seems to be a windows issue rather than madvr/mpc. SMB is just messy...
Soukyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 23:46   #15073  |  Link
Hera
.NET Web App Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
If you have a stable WLAN N or any LAN connection, you shouldn't have any problems with playback over network. About the only problem I have is MPC not getting stuck if I send the PC to sleep and then resume from it. But that seems to be a windows issue rather than madvr/mpc. SMB is just messy...
Source 100Mbit rj45 connection -> Netgear Router -> 802.11g @30 - 45% utilization (Wi Fi has insane overhead for some dumb reason) Target

Simply not enough. And when I pause the playback, buffering stops, instead of buffering on and on at least a few hunded MB.
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 01:34   #15074  |  Link
Dodgexander

I think chances are your Wi-Fi isn't fast enough.

How buffering works well be dependant on the player also I believe and I don't think any offer the option to pause and leave something buffering in the background(for example).

Sent from my Blade S using Tapatalk 2
Dodgexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 02:12   #15075  |  Link
skingery

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
You don't need to install any SDK, only the complete driver. And of course, a screen needs to be connected to the Intel GPU.
Didn't. Just happened to see the folder there.
Intel drivers (latest)
Windows 7 32-bit
Using HDMI hooked to my TV
There is a HDMI switch between my PC and TV maybe that is an issue. Could try a direct connection I guess.
Old 6th May 2013, 07:08   #15076  |  Link
skingery

Quote:
Didn't. Just happened to see the folder there.
Intel drivers (latest)
Windows 7 32-bit
Using HDMI hooked to my TV
There is a HDMI switch between my PC and TV maybe that is an issue. Could try a direct connection I guess.
On a whim, I tried Eric Gur's suggestions to create a 'fake' display (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1532786#post1532786) and now Quick Sync is detected just fine. Even after I deleted the fake display. So, who knows. I probably tweaked something sideways at some point or another.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:46   #15077  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
I've had problems with video over WiFi recently when using SMB but I think I narrowed down the issue to something other than LAV:

- WiFi + 15 Mbps VPN + MediaPortal = nothing works (not even piddly SD stuff)
- WiFi + 15 Mbps VPN + MPC-HC = SD works, HD doesn't (I guess the speed needs to be higher due to VBR and network fluctuations)
- WiFi + local network + MPC-HC = mostly works but occasionally drops out
- Ethernet + local network + any software = fine

Basically I think my laptop's WiFi is just a bit crap (even with latest drivers), and I know my BT Home Hub is crap (even with latest firmware), so combined they just reach a new level of crapness where I get packet loss whilst pinging even with a full strength signal.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:00   #15078  |  Link
mindbomb

I wanted to try this audio renderer - http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/ASIO-Renderer.shtml
but lav audio never seems to connect to it under any circumstances. Anyone know what's happening?
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 16:24   #15079  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Do you actually have a ASIO driver for your card? Otherwise it will obviously not work. (and ASIO4ALL has zero advantages over WASAPI)
It may also simply not like whatever combination of sample format and channels you're trying to send.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 7th May 2013 at 16:27.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 17:15   #15080  |  Link
Qaq
AV heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
I wanted to try this audio renderer - http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/ASIO-Renderer.shtml
but lav audio never seems to connect to it under any circumstances. Anyone know what's happening?
Well, it actually connects:
Quote:
Filter : Surodev © ASIO Renderer - CLSID : {50063380-2B2F-4855-9A1E-40FCA344C7AC}

- Connected to:

CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
Filter: LAV Audio Decoder
But no sound on any bit depth and playback is veeeery slow.
BTW, quote from the site:
Quote:
Here are some key features of “ASIO Renderer”:

· 32bit floating point audio
· automatically rejects sample formats that are not supported by the sound card
· Can be used with any Directshow application: grapheditor, WMP, Media Player Classic etc

Last edited by Qaq; 7th May 2013 at 21:39.
Qaq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter