Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 28th April 2013, 07:57   #15021  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
The remaining difference would appear to be caused by QueryInformationVolume & QueryAllInformationFile calls on each MKV, which Haali doesn't do.
I know, but this is part of the core ffmpeg file opening code, and i didn't want to start hacking around in there
Old 28th April 2013, 08:00   #15022  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Here's a sample for the simple linking via PrevUID/NextUID with supporting PrevFilename/NextFilename elements:
http://www.mediafire.com/?66sed9zia7152rr

Files A, B and C are linked. File D is an independent file. LAV behaves similar to the ordered chapters linking, i.e. it reads in all files including D.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 10:22   #15023  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Here it even tells me these calls' results are "BUFFER OVERFLOW". (QueryAllInformationFile)
I get that as well, but I omitted it from my post since it shouldn't matter. It essentially just means that the allocated buffer was too small and Windows prevented a buffer overflow by discarding the extra data. It's quite possible FFMPEG uses a small buffer on purpose, if it doesn't care about the information at the end of these calls.

Relavant Blog Post
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 10:51   #15024  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

ffmpeg is just calling _fstati64, which must internally translate to those other functions with a partial data buffer (because it only needs a subset of the data), as explained in that blog post.

Anyway, i did some more changes, it will now close files it doesn't need after building the virtual timeline, and also skip that fstat call for file probing (its not needed here).
I'm not sure if i will bother dealing with Prev/NextFilename soon, it seems rather rare for these to be set properly (at all or to valid values, wouldn't survive a rename obviously), and would add a bit of extra complexity in the code, maybe at a later date (but i did put it on my task list)

Edit:
If anyone wants to test:
http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-...6-g848018d.zip

Last edited by nevcairiel; 28th April 2013 at 11:45.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 19:14   #15025  |  Link
Soukyuu

I am getting weird behavior on some of the videos, playback gets stuck even though both the GPU (36%) and the CPU (24%) usage are fine. I tried disabling xy vs-filter and madVR, as well as disabling LAV and the issue is gone. Turning madvr and xy-VSFilter back on doesn't reintroduce the issue.

Basically, when I jump to a chapter in an mkv, video will get stuck while audio is playing and madVR is reporting all queues to be empty. The video re-synchronizes after about 5 seconds, with madVR displaying the decoder queue overflowing (i.e.: 34-36/6), rest of the queues are shown as full. It happens with the mkv being played both from the network share (~80MB/s access speed) and my HDD. I have the video decoder in software mode, setting it to any hardware accelerated doesn't solve the issue, but results in dropped frames... but the above queue overflow doesn't happen.

Any ideas?

edit: I have to add that it happens only on this specific chapter, not all the chapters of this file, so maybe it's bitrate related?

Last edited by Soukyuu; 28th April 2013 at 19:20.
Soukyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 00:04   #15026  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

@nevcairiel: Could you take a look? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16282309/MPC-HC/test1.flv
LAV Splitter doesn't see video stream. Works fine with MPC flv source and with ffplay... It's totally random shitty .flv but doesn't work only with LAV so I think it could be fixed Thanks in advance.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 00:59   #15027  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16282309/MPC-HC/test1.flv
Looks like that's a b0rked file:

Code:
=>ffmpeg -i test1.flv
ffmpeg version N-49069-gc74d465 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Jan 20 2013 23:39:19 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)

[flv @ 024f7840] decoding for stream 0 failed
[flv @ 024f7840] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: h264, 1843 kb/s):
unspecified size
VirtualDub cannot open it neither.

Workaround: remux with a DirectShow Matroska Muxer. Then if you remux the MKV with ffmpeg,
the new FLV plays normally in VirtualDub.

Last edited by filler56789; 30th April 2013 at 01:06. Reason: edit
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 03:01   #15028  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

OTOH, perhaps the following pesky .RM file is worth studying

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...=1#post2237672
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 12:02   #15029  |  Link
Telion

Hello, nevcairiel!
I've stumbled upon an mkv file with chapters that aren't exposed to MPC-HC/BE Jump To menu by LAV Splitter, while they are shown when using Haali or MPC Matroska Source splitters. Please take a look at the sample:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gc9dft
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 12:05   #15030  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
Hello, nevcairiel!
I've stumbled upon an mkv file with chapters that aren't exposed to MPC-HC/BE Jump To menu by LAV Splitter, while they are shown when using Haali or MPC Matroska Source splitters. Please take a look at the sample:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gc9dft
These chapters are not marked as "Enabled" in the MKV file, and therefor are not shown.
Old 30th April 2013, 12:33   #15031  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

@filler56789
Yeah, nevermind it's just broken file... But when MPC FLV Source playback it fine ;p Anyway, I know how to fix such streams, I play a lot with shitty staff recently ;p

Last edited by kasper93; 30th April 2013 at 13:07.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 14:39   #15032  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

to nev last git can not built lavaudio.ax!
betaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 14:57   #15033  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Fixed
Old 1st May 2013, 02:57   #15034  |  Link
00pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Dunno what to tell you, but when i open this file with LAV, it immediately shows the slightly grey-ish screen, and after about 2 seconds the text appears, seems like it functions as expected.
Fullscreen mode or not, doesn't make any difference.

The fact that this is dependent on FS mode or the selected audio device suggests to me that this is not directly related to the splitter.
More relevant infos to me would be which player, decoder, renderer. HW decoding or SW, etc.

This seems hardly something the splitter has direct influence on, may just be a coincidence that switching it helps somehow.
hi nev, yeah I'm the user Romulous mentioned (original post is here http://forum.doom9.o...873#post1625873 ) about the info you mentioned, I've taken a screenshot of my Filter Properties window (shows most of the info there I believe and is opened on the video at the same time I get the weird behavior) my player is Zoomplayer and as for software/hardware decoding, I've tried software and DXVA2 Copy-Back and DXVA2 Native, all exhibiting the same problem.
Attached Images

Last edited by 00pontiac; 1st May 2013 at 03:02.
00pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 10:32   #15035  |  Link
tahaa7

There seems to be a problem with the latest version of LAV Audio Decoder. It no longer outputs DTS-HD MA in full resolution (with dtsdecoder.dll), only 16-bit/48kHz.
tahaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 11:01   #15036  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahaa7 View Post
There seems to be a problem with the latest version of LAV Audio Decoder. It no longer outputs DTS-HD MA in full resolution (with dtsdecoder.dll), only 16-bit/48kHz.
Still works perfectly here, and nothing changed in there for month.
Old 1st May 2013, 11:07   #15037  |  Link
Soukyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
I am getting weird behavior on some of the videos, playback gets stuck even though both the GPU (36%) and the CPU (24%) usage are fine. I tried disabling xy vs-filter and madVR, as well as disabling LAV and the issue is gone. Turning madvr and xy-VSFilter back on doesn't reintroduce the issue.

Basically, when I jump to a chapter in an mkv, video will get stuck while audio is playing and madVR is reporting all queues to be empty. The video re-synchronizes after about 5 seconds, with madVR displaying the decoder queue overflowing (i.e.: 34-36/6), rest of the queues are shown as full. It happens with the mkv being played both from the network share (~80MB/s access speed) and my HDD. I have the video decoder in software mode, setting it to any hardware accelerated doesn't solve the issue, but results in dropped frames... but the above queue overflow doesn't happen.

Any ideas?

edit: I have to add that it happens only on this specific chapter, not all the chapters of this file, so maybe it's bitrate related?
Not sure if this was overlooked...
Soukyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 11:22   #15038  |  Link
tahaa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Still works perfectly here, and nothing changed in there for month.
Sorry, my fault. Yes, it works perfectly. Looks like the Blu-ray I tried to play only has a 16-bit DTS-HD MA track.

BTW, thank you very much for this project!
tahaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 11:43   #15039  |  Link
00pontiac

Last edited by 00pontiac; 1st May 2013 at 11:47. Reason: oops, double post somehow... read below
Old 1st May 2013, 11:46   #15040  |  Link
00pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00pontiac View Post
hi nev, yeah I'm the user Romulous mentioned (original post is here http://forum.doom9.o...873#post1625873 ) about the info you mentioned, I've taken a screenshot of my Filter Properties window (shows most of the info there I believe and is opened on the video at the same time I get the weird behavior) my player is Zoomplayer and as for software/hardware decoding, I've tried software and DXVA2 Copy-Back and DXVA2 Native, all exhibiting the same problem.
I should probly add the fact that in my original post to the Zoomplayer forum I found the issue to be dependent on my audio setting (yeah, bear with me here), I'm running two copies of Zoomplayer each with their own audio output settings. In the first instance my sound card is outputting audio via DirectSound: S/PDIF Pass-through Device on my audio card (which is an ASUS Xonar Essence STX Audio Device) there is no issues here, everything behaves exactly as expected with no problems. On my second installation of Zoomplayer I'm using my DirectSound: 7.1 Logitech Headset G930 for audio - THIS is where the problem occurs. It is in this instance that the problems occur, and thus my original thread on the Zoomplayer forums of 'Audio influencing Video' So this is all a long shot and I kinda figure there's no help, just the fact that Logitech is somehow F****D again, and throwing a monkey wrench in the works with their half arsed drivers in which case I can understand. Just following a suggestion that you might like to look at it - especially because and for the fact that when I switch to Hali for my spliter there's no issues at all.

thanks nev

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter