Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 26th April 2013, 20:42   #15001  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
No, it does not.
The audio renderer does all this. If the audio renderer supports bitstreaming, it will know not to treat it like ordinary PCM.
Ah right, so it's up to the renderer to ensure it passes through the bitstream from LAV Audio. Thanks.
Old 26th April 2013, 23:24   #15002  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

nevcairiel: Could you add rtmp support?

I've added --enable-protocol=rtmp in build script, works just fine

EDIT:
Or not... Playback starts fine, but after a while
"LAVSplitter.ax(tid 9c0) 82141 : ::GetNextPacket(): End of File reached"
and it stops... I guess it's because not stable source, but LAV could wait few sec for recovery, rtmp streams send end packet when it ends... Would be nice to have it working, but I don't know if you care about rtmp or any other streaming ;p

PS. Works fine with ffplay

Last edited by kasper93; 27th April 2013 at 00:01.
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2013, 23:31   #15003  |  Link
clsid

Can you also add support for ICYX:// urls? It is just an alias for HTTP, so it should be a simple matter of doing a string change before passing the url to libavformat.
Old 27th April 2013, 06:14   #15004  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Personally, i would rather remove streaming options than adding new ones.
Old 27th April 2013, 06:18   #15005  |  Link
romulous

Hi nev,

I have a sample file (linked below) that was provided by one of the users on a forum I help out on. There seems to be a problem with LAV with this file - the user reports that changing the splitter to Haali's instead of LAV fixes the problem. This was the problem description:

Quote:
Ripped Dogma tonite, and the beginning of the movie is all black and has white fonts. Only with fullscreen on and my Audio set to my headset the fonts are messed up :huh: if I switch to windowed mode all is fine, or if I switch to another audio device all is fine.

I notice that when the movie first starts during the very first instant of it when everything is still black you can see the blank screen (totally black) switch to a slightly brighter version of black as the video starts playing. Well.... when I'm set to my headset and in fullscreen mode the video doesn't brighten up like that until the first still image switches to a fade in at 10 seconds. If I wait till the video is playing fine then rewind to the beginning of the movie *without* hitting stop it displays correctly.

How strange is that :unsure:

I've ripped and copied about 30 of my movies so far and have not seen anything like this yet. Here's a couple screens to show what I'm talking about. both taken at the same point in the video about 5 seconds in.
Those screenshots are linked below. The user is still awaiting the '5 days before you can post' new account thing to expire on Doom9, so I offered to post it on their behalf. It would be appreciated if you could take a look at it.

Clip: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105555957/5mb%20split%20DOGMA.Title1_0.mkv
Screenshot #1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105555957/Dogma%201.jpg
Screenshot #2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105555957/Dogma%202.jpg

Thanks!

romulous

Last edited by romulous; 27th April 2013 at 06:21.
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 06:31   #15006  |  Link
truexfan81

nevcairiel how exactly does one compile LAV filters using VS2012? when i click build i get 7 errors saying Platform Toolset = 'v110_xp' cannot be found. it says to click the Project menu and then select Update VC++Projects to install it. problem is there is no Update VC++ Projects or anything close to it in the projects menu.
i'm trying to do this on win7

thanks
truexfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 06:31   #15007  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulous View Post
There seems to be a problem with LAV with this file - the user reports that changing the splitter to Haali's instead of LAV fixes the problem.
Dunno what to tell you, but when i open this file with LAV, it immediately shows the slightly grey-ish screen, and after about 2 seconds the text appears, seems like it functions as expected.
Fullscreen mode or not, doesn't make any difference.

The fact that this is dependent on FS mode or the selected audio device suggests to me that this is not directly related to the splitter.
More relevant infos to me would be which player, decoder, renderer. HW decoding or SW, etc.

This seems hardly something the splitter has direct influence on, may just be a coincidence that switching it helps somehow.
Old 27th April 2013, 09:18   #15008  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrboy View Post
@nevcairiel: when you're first doing some fixing related to ordered chapters, how about a little optimizing also
Try with this version?
I didn't do all that much testing yet, but initially it looks functional and reduces the number of querys to the disc to only one read to determine if the file is required.

However, even with like 30 files in one directory, LAV opens in under one second for me (before the change), my network must be faster.

Anyway, give it a go:
http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-...-mkvoptims.zip

Edit:
fixed link

Last edited by nevcairiel; 27th April 2013 at 10:27.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 09:24   #15009  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by truexfan81 View Post
nevcairiel how exactly does one compile LAV filters using VS2012? when i click build i get 7 errors saying Platform Toolset = 'v110_xp' cannot be found. it says to click the Project menu and then select Update VC++Projects to install it. problem is there is no Update VC++ Projects or anything close to it in the projects menu.
i'm trying to do this on win7

thanks
Did you update your VS to update 2 or even update 3 CTP?
Also you need to build ffmpeg first
Old 27th April 2013, 11:52   #15010  |  Link
romulous

Quote:
The fact that this is dependent on FS mode or the selected audio device suggests to me that this is not directly related to the splitter.
More relevant infos to me would be which player, decoder, renderer. HW decoding or SW, etc.
Thanks nev - I will get some more details about what filters are in use and will get back to you (player is Zoom Player).
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 14:00   #15011  |  Link
mastrboy

Quote:
Try with this version?
I didn't do all that much testing yet, but initially it looks functional and reduces the number of querys to the disc to only one read to determine if the file is required.

However, even with like 30 files in one directory, LAV opens in under one second for me (before the change), my network must be faster.
I helped a lot, went from ca 30 sec to 5 sec, still a little slower than Haali though (1-2 sec) :P

Thanks for the update, didn't expect it so soon
Old 27th April 2013, 15:09   #15012  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Next try:
http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-...mkvoptims2.zip

Maybe a bit better again?
Its about all i can think of right now without resorting to the really hacky things.
Old 27th April 2013, 17:24   #15013  |  Link
mastrboy

We're down to 3 sec on the same folder i tested last time. Anyway, it's more than good enough in my opinion when compared to the builds without optimizations.
Old 27th April 2013, 17:34   #15014  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Sounds good, i'll call that resolved for now then.
Old 27th April 2013, 18:48   #15015  |  Link
dukey

I got a crash with yadiff deinterlacing with dslibluray
Crashes
Fault Module Name: avfilter-lav-3.dll
No idea if this helps at all
http://i.imgur.com/sz9RgFP.png
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2013, 20:01   #15016  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Someone else reported this, but i can't reproduce any issues.
If this happens reliably, can you show the disasm at the crash spot? Maybe its related to some special cpu features, even if i doubt it.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 27th April 2013 at 20:14.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 01:30   #15017  |  Link
dukey

http://i.imgur.com/h5CWrOS.png
Crashes basically every time in software mode anyway
dukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 02:37   #15018  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Sounds good, i'll call that resolved for now then.
The remaining difference would appear to be caused by QueryInformationVolume & QueryAllInformationFile calls on each MKV, which Haali doesn't do.

LAV (mkvoptims2)
Code:
CreateFile		01.mkv	Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Write, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
QueryInformationVolume	01.mkv	VolumeCreationTime: 8/10/2011 6:37:29 PM, VolumeSerialNumber: 983B-EC50, SupportsObjects: True, VolumeLabel: Ani6
QueryAllInformationFile	01.mkv	CreationTime: 5/8/2011 12:19:14 PM, LastAccessTime: 4/27/2013 1:10:34 PM, LastWriteTime: 5/8/2011 12:32:25 PM, ChangeTime: 4/17/2013 6:51:02 PM, FileAttributes: ANCI, AllocationSize: 564,854,784, EndOfFile: 564,817,797, NumberOfLinks: 1, DeletePending: False, Directory: False, IndexNumber: 0x100000000075b, EaSize: 0, Access: Generic Read, Position: 0, Mode: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, AlignmentRequirement: Byte
ReadFile		01.mkv	Offset: 0, Length: 32,768, Priority: High

Haali
Code:
CreateFile	01.mkv	Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
ReadFile	01.mkv	Offset: 0, Length: 32,768, Priority: High
CloseFile	01.mkv
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 05:41   #15019  |  Link
ryrynz

When I my receiver is on standby and is passing through HDMI, why is it that the Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder is used instead of LAV?
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 07:08   #15020  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
The remaining difference would appear to be caused by QueryInformationVolume & QueryAllInformationFile calls on each MKV, which Haali doesn't do.
Here it even tells me these calls' results are "BUFFER OVERFLOW". (QueryAllInformationFile)

Other than that:
Haali closes unneeded files after the search, while LAV leaves them open to the end.

You can also see how all mkv files in the folder are being searched, although all needed segments have already been found. But Haali seems to do that, too. (Even tries to read the current file again and all files regardless of extension.) So it could be optimized, but it shouldn't be slower than Haali because of that.

Last edited by sneaker_ger; 28th April 2013 at 07:25.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter