Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 27th January 2013, 12:32   #14041  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

1) There will be no additional HW deinterlacing options for DXVA2
2) There will also be no additional software deinterlacers

PS:
If you want to do comparisons, you should post the same frame.
Old 27th January 2013, 23:01   #14042  |  Link
ryrynz

Nev, can you tell me why this sample doesn't show the English subtitles when specified when I have Directvobsub loaded? If Directvobsub is not loaded LAV selects it just fine.

Last edited by ryrynz; 27th January 2013 at 23:07.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 07:09   #14043  |  Link
turbojet

nevcairel, did you get a chance to check out the auto pause issue when lavfilters is used with mpc-be and madvr?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 08:08   #14044  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Nev, can you tell me why this sample doesn't show the English subtitles when specified when I have Directvobsub loaded? If Directvobsub is not loaded LAV selects it just fine.
Without looking at it, i can already tell you that LAV selects its streams before it actually joins the DirectShow Filter Graph, so my guess is that something changes it, and something not being LAV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
nevcairel, did you get a chance to check out the auto pause issue when lavfilters is used with mpc-be and madvr?
Works fine for me in MPC-HC with madVR.
I cannot debug things with every possible player out there, or i would never get stuff done.

By the way, weren't you using CUVID? The only possible chance that it may pause due to bad interaction with the renderer is when using DXVA2 Native. If it pauses with any other HW decoders in LAV, then something else is broken, possibly in the player.
Old 28th January 2013, 09:48   #14045  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Works fine for me in MPC-HC with madVR.
I cannot debug things with every possible player out there, or i would never get stuff done.

By the way, weren't you using CUVID? The only possible chance that it may pause due to bad interaction with the renderer is when using DXVA2 Native. If it pauses with any other HW decoders in LAV, then something else is broken, possibly in the player.
Normally use cuvid but it happens with software, quicksync and dxva2 as well. mpc-be plays fine with internal, ffdshow and coreavc. This has been a problem for months and I first notified madshi because updating to madvr 85.x is when I first noticed it, he replied with http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...18#post1606518 I later mentioned how to reproduce it and have reproduced it on 5 computers so far, 1 was fresh windows 7 install with default mpc-be (except prefer lav video), madvr, lav settings.

After getting nowhere with madvr, I went to mpc-be and madshi explained to them what needed to be fixed, they said they'd work on it 3 weeks ago and nothing has been done. They are ignoring posts about it now. So I came here as a last resort.

Last edited by turbojet; 28th January 2013 at 10:01.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 12:43   #14046  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If it also happens with software decoding, then i have no idea would could potentially be causing it. As i said, it works fine for me in MPC-HC, so if its only a problem with BE, you should address it there.
Old 28th January 2013, 14:05   #14047  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@turbojet, IIRC your log indicated that "someone" asked madVR for the Direct3D device. Usually that's the decoder. That's why I said that the decoder should be fixed to not do that when using software decoding. But if this only occurs with MPC-BE, but not with MPC-HC then maybe it's not the decoder which asks madVR for the D3D device, but maybe the media player. If you want to know for sure I'd suggest that you create 2 madVR debug logs, one with MPC-HC and one with MPC-BE, zip and upload them somewhere, then PM me with a download link. You don't even have to switch monitors during playback. Just start video playback, stop it, done.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 23:44   #14048  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

nev:
Even fast-playing DVD audio with no pitch correction is better than nothing, users are occasionally asking for that feature in order to fast-play (10-20% faster) documentaries and such.
Old 29th January 2013, 07:36   #14049  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Die you check the check box which controls 4k decoding in LAV? It's off by default.
Old 29th January 2013, 08:00   #14050  |  Link
dansrfe

(Hopefully tiny) feature request: Would it be possible to show the audio and video format/bitrate/sample rate when hovering over the tray icons, respectively? Thanks!
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 09:37   #14051  |  Link
vad74

nevcairiel
I nave a problem with my interlased video. This is H.264 stream in m2ts files from my Sony camcoder. I use LAV with DXVA2, and Field Order set in Auto. From my files MediaInfo show info: Interlaced and Top Field First. When I playback video, I see very strobed video. Than, I in LAV set Field Order to Top Field First - video play smoothly! Result : LAV not correct take Field Order from file. Than, I join some m2ts files together to 1 file, without recompress. When I play it, some parts (early was separate m2ts) play smoothly another strobed. May be, when LAV reading new part of video, LAV change Field Order. I can upoad my file to internet for tests, if need.
vad74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 09:37   #14052  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
There actually does seem to be a bug in LAV Splitter which is preventing it from correctly reading the language codes of the particular OGM sample ryrynz provided.

The Japanese audio track is not selected when jpn is set.
No subtitle track is selected by LAV Splitter when eng or jpn is set.
Only using * will make LAV Splitter select the subtitle track.

Haali Splitter has no issue with ryrynz's sample, which is detected as follows:
Audio Track 1: eng
Audio Track 2: jpn
Subtitle Track 1: eng
Subtitle Track 2: und

LAV Splitter has no issue with a few other OGM files I tested, so it must be something particular about how the languages in ryrynz's OGM were tagged.

DirectVobSub has no involvement in subtitle selection when LAV Splitter is used. I can only assume that ryrynz's media player is correctly selecting a subtitle track when DirectVobSub is disabled, yet leaves stream selection entirely to LAV Splitter when DirectVobSub is enabled. The problem being that LAV Splitter stream selection by language codes is apparently broken on that OGM, causing no subtitle track to be selected with or without DirectVobSub loaded (with MPC-HC).

Last edited by cyberbeing; 29th January 2013 at 09:39.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 09:44   #14053  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad74 View Post
nevcairiel
I nave a problem with my interlased video. This is H.264 stream in m2ts files from my Sony camcoder. I use LAV with DXVA2, and Field Order set in Auto. From my files MediaInfo show info: Interlaced and Top Field First. When I playback video, I see very strobed video. Than, I in LAV set Field Order to Top Field First - video play smoothly! Result : LAV not correct take Field Order from file. Than, I join some m2ts files together to 1 file, without recompress. When I play it, some parts (early was separate m2ts) play smoothly another strobed. May be, when LAV reading new part of video, LAV change Field Order. I can upoad my file to internet for tests, if need.
Nothing is wrong with LAV. Your file most likely just has no Field Order flags. Broken files will be broken.

Quote:
Its the typical OGM screwed up language tags.
LAV recognizes language tags in many formats, like just "eng", or just "English", however that particular OGM file contains the info "English[eng]", which is not supported in this format. You can see this yourself if you just look at the stream names LAV produces.

I can probably make it try to look for a "[eng]" tag in the language field and try to identify that, but thats hardly a high-priority issue.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 29th January 2013 at 09:55.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 10:54   #14054  |  Link
ice25

Nev, would it be possible to add a shortcut for the Audio Delay?
ice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 12:03   #14055  |  Link
vad74

nevcairiel
MediaInfo show that video is Top Field First. But LAV play good only when I manualy set Top Field First. I dont assert that LAV is bed. May be video have a problem. But MPC-HC play video very good with built-in DXVA decoder! I only ask help resolve this problem. Letter I try upload file for tests.
Old 29th January 2013, 12:11   #14056  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

An uploaded file won't help anything.

I explained this just a few posts ago. If your file contains NO field order flags, then Media Info assumes that it is TFF, and LAV assumes its BFF. So MediaInfo gets it right by accident, but there are other files which are actually BFF and have no flags, where LAV gets it right by accident, and MediaInfo gets it wrong.

Broken files will be broken. If it works only depends on which field order is assumed to be the default if its not set.
Old 29th January 2013, 13:25   #14057  |  Link
zipi

@nevcairiel, just wanted to say a big Thank You for the great work man, all the best to you.
zipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 13:42   #14058  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice25 View Post
Nev, would it be possible to add a shortcut for the Audio Delay?
This'd be cool actually. At the moment if I have a file where the audio is slightly out of sync with the video, I have to use MPC-HC's audio switcher and then use +/- keys to find (roughly) the correct sync so I know what to put in MKVMerge when remuxing.
Old 29th January 2013, 14:11   #14059  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV will not do any shortcuts in the forseeable future.
Old 29th January 2013, 14:31   #14060  |  Link
vad74

nevcairiel
OK. Please, tell me right program that show me was set this flag or not. And know you programm that can set-change this flag? Answer me please.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter