Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 15th May 2011, 20:59   #3041  |  Link
SamuriHL

Well, I guess you do have a point there.
Old 15th May 2011, 21:11   #3042  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I wish there was another player with a neat 10ft UI, which i could just point at my TV series library, tell it "these are TV series", and it would do all the magic.
I've really only seen this in XBMC. Using regex'es on folder and file names to separate stuff by show, and season. Downloading coverart by itself, tagging based on video/audio codecs used, and everything in a neatly organized interface.

I just want a menu structure like this, in a usable 10ft UI:

Code:
Movies
  - Foo
  - Bar
TV Series
  - Show1
    - Season 1
      - Episode 1
      - Episode 2
    - Season 2
  - Show2
That can't be too hard, or?
Can i get MC16 to do that, even if i have to manually organize my data in there?

Oh well, can't have it all, i guess.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 15th May 2011 at 21:15.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 21:17   #3043  |  Link
HeadlessCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I wish there was another player with a neat 10ft UI, which i could just point at my TV series library, tell it "these are TV series", and it would do all the magic.
I've really only seen this in XBMC. Using regex'es on folder and file names to separate stuff by show, and season. Downloading coverart by itself, tagging based on video/audio codecs used, and everything in a neatly organized interface.

Code:
Movies
  - Foo
  - Bar
TV Series
  - Show1
    - Season 1
      - Episode 1
      - Episode 2
    - Season 2
  - Show2
Can i get MC16 to do that, even if i have to manually organize my data in there?

http://www.mediabrowser.tv/ perhaps?
HeadlessCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 21:18   #3044  |  Link
SamuriHL

That's a good question if it can do that or not. If not, we can always request it. I think they'd be interested in that idea. (Referring to MC16)
Old 15th May 2011, 21:18   #3045  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The Media Browser UI is ok, but then i'm stuck with WMC playing the stuff, which is ugh. :P
Old 15th May 2011, 21:19   #3046  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
@nevcairiel:
Using "dtsdecoderdll.dll" will reintroduce this DTS stuttering issue :/

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 21:20   #3047  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
Using "dtsdecoderdll.dll" will reintroduce this DTS stuttering issue :/
No it doesn't.
There are no differences in which decoder is used, unless your system is too slow to real-time decode DTS-HD MA.

If there is any stuttering again, first try to turn off the new A/V sync option, as DTS-HD in MKV can sometimes be so f'ed up, that it might confuse it and cause a resync.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 15th May 2011 at 21:23.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 21:20   #3048  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
The Media Browser UI is ok, but then i'm stuck with WMC playing the stuff, which is ugh. :P
Yea, NO. Just NO. I gave up on 7MC. It just doesn't handle everything I want. And since MC16 allows me to play WTV files I can have 7MC record and use MC16 to play them back. Works for me! In any case, I need to play around with the library features more in MC16 as i've had to manually setup a lot of what I have.
Old 15th May 2011, 21:23   #3049  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
No it doesn't.
You are right. I forgot to disable MPC-HC internal decoders...
Sorry for that. It is working just fine.

How to start with Bitcoin
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 21:35   #3050  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Yea, NO. Just NO. I gave up on 7MC. It just doesn't handle everything I want. And since MC16 allows me to play WTV files I can have 7MC record and use MC16 to play them back. Works for me! In any case, I need to play around with the library features more in MC16 as i've had to manually setup a lot of what I have.
If nothing else helps, there is always the ability to use XBMC with an external player configured (MPC-HC), not sure how that plays with madVR however, as XBMC is already a full screen D3D application .. maybe i should test that one day.
Old 15th May 2011, 21:39   #3051  |  Link
pankov

nev,
you can configure XBMC to not work in D3D exclusive mode and this way it doesn't conflict with the player (ZoomPlayer in my case).
Sadly the interaction is not as smooth as I'd like, but sadly ZoomPlayer's Media Library is nowhere near as nice as the one in XBMC.
I'm really hoping somebody can combine the UI of XBMC and the versatility of ZoomPlayer in one.
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 21:41   #3052  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
If nothing else helps, there is always the ability to use XBMC with an external player configured (MPC-HC), not sure how that plays with madVR however, as XBMC is already a full screen D3D application .. maybe i should test that one day.
I'm not too concerned. So far I'm really pleased with MC16. Watching Star Trek last night was a joy. I stuck the disc in, let AnyDVD scan it, MC16 popped up a "Hey, a disc!" message and I was off and running. Very very happy. As for the library, I manually groomed it yesterday so it's setup the way I want. It's not perfect, though, and I think I may think about it architecturally and see if I can make some recommendations to the J River team on how to improve it. Or at least allowing us to manage it the way we want. Like you, I wanna group shows together, and it really doesn't seem to allow you to do that. Yet.
Old 15th May 2011, 21:53   #3053  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Not really !
I'm using MPC-HC as default player in WMC for everything using Media Center Open With and for ISO Media Center Mount Image
Old 15th May 2011, 21:54   #3054  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Well can as well do the same with XBMC then.
Old 15th May 2011, 22:04   #3055  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
Well can as well do the same with XBMC then.
Yeah but I like to have a minimum of programs/filters... on my system and since WMC it's already there ...
I've made an exception for LAV but I can't wait for the MPC-HC-LAV branch (hint, hint...maybe the time has come ?)

Last edited by Mercury_22; 15th May 2011 at 22:07.
Mercury_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 22:13   #3056  |  Link
jmone

On MC, you can change any of the view to suit by using meta data on the files (of which a directory stucture/name can be one). While I also store my TV Series in a similar stucture the nevcairiel, my new views tend to use populated meta data as it is easer. There is also a thread on "Sickbeard" integration is that seems to be an auto TVdb scraper and meta data importor for TV Series (I've not been folloiwng it or trying it out however).
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 22:26   #3057  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:

Code:
Movies
  - Foo
  - Bar
TV Series
  - Show1
    - Season 1
      - Episode 1
      - Episode 2
    - Season 2
  - Show2

yep and additionally this to command it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kR2C6IeaPw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNyUBRwmSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6K-2spC_P4
http://voxcommando.com/

Though as it uses the internal Vista/7 Speech Recognition API it wont work with XP

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 15th May 2011 at 22:58.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 22:39   #3058  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
On MC, you can change any of the view to suit by using meta data on the files (of which a directory stucture/name can be one). While I also store my TV Series in a similar stucture the nevcairiel, my new views tend to use populated meta data as it is easer. There is also a thread on "Sickbeard" integration is that seems to be an auto TVdb scraper and meta data importor for TV Series (I've not been folloiwng it or trying it out however).
Neat. I'm gonna have to look into how to do those customizations.
Old 15th May 2011, 22:46   #3059  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
Sickbeard works well with SABNzbd for an "internet pvr". You can also use 3rd party programs such as metabrowser to automatically rename and scrape tv shows.

I use Media Browser + MPC HC (for mkvs) and TMT3 (for BluRay folder rips). This gets around the need to have to hack up WMC to get any sort of proper player. The big drawback though is once you start relying on 3rd party players to launch it always leads to the possibilities of instabilities (not good for the all important WAF). The ideal front end is one such as Media Browser or XBMC but also where the internal player can handle proper playback of all files.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 23:16   #3060  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
madFlac uses the official FLAC library / source code and has been working for years with perfect A/V sync, no stability problems and bit perfect output, with all kinds of channel configurations, bitdepths and samplerates. AFAIK, the LAV FLAC decoder uses a different code base (not the "official"/original one) and has not been extensively tested yet. Why would you even consider going away from a pretty much perfectly working decoder? I don't really understand that. There's nothing to gain, from what I can see. From my experience, everytime a different FLAC decoder was (accidently) activated on my PC, I ran into all kinds of playback problems. That also includes LAV Audio Decoder, although it was an older version, the problem might be fixed in the latest version.
Quote:
Yea, ffmpeg implemented their own FLAC decoder, and i'm not sure if its working perfectly.
There was a problem that caused sync issues in earlier LAV Audio versions, but that was fixed a long while ago, and everything is working good now. Since its a lossless codec, we could compare the PCM output, couldn't we?
Anyhow, i don't use FLAC that much, and i have other things to do.

Basically I'm forced to use LAV Audio with LAV Splitter.

Despite my settings in Zoom Player Smart Play, LAV Audio is somehow being forced as the FLAC decoder whenever LAV Splitter is used.

Until I sort that out, it seems to be either the LAV Splitter, or madFLAC, but not both
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter