Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd May 2024, 15:23   #1201  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottzman View Post
Quick question I donated a while ago and received BDEdit v0.51b6. I now see BDEdit is at v0.58 according to the website. How do I receive the latest version or do you have to donate every time you want the latest version?
Your donation counts for a year updates.
You wrote that the newest version is v0.58 but I donated today and received v0.57b7.

Last edited by musiclover; 3rd May 2024 at 15:34.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2024, 00:32   #1202  |  Link
pottzman

well I'm just going off the website it says v0.58 in the changelog
pottzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2024, 02:27   #1203  |  Link
MrVideo

AFAIK, v0.57b7 is the latest.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2024, 10:46   #1204  |  Link
pel9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottzman View Post
well I'm just going off the website it says v0.58 in the changelog
I am working on the v0.58 but busy with other stuff so I haven't released yet.
Old 20th May 2024, 10:11   #1205  |  Link
rco133

Hi.

I have bdedit v0.57b6 and I am wondering if it is possible to extract the following information somehow.

I want to extract the information that is shown in the menu like for example commentary audio tracks.

In the menu it can show "Commentary with director .... and actors .... and ....".

Is it somehow possible to get that information, rather than having to put disc in player, and write it down manually?

Some distributors show that info on their homepage, but many don't.

I am trying to do it on 4k UHD discs.

If bdedit isn't able to, is there some other tool that can get that information. It must be stored on the disc somewhere :-)

Thanks in advance

rco133
rco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2024, 10:17   #1206  |  Link
rco133

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurusus View Post
I removed the protection with AnyDVD 6.6.9.0, later versions cannot remove the protection.
Newer versions of AnyDVD can also remove it. But for 4k discs a regkey needs to be modified for it to work.

Hope it is allowed to show link to other forums:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/how-...setting.89842/

With that regkey set, AnyDVD will remove region code on 4k discs as well.

rco133
Old 20th May 2024, 11:56   #1207  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Quote:
I want to extract the information that is shown in the menu like for example commentary audio tracks.
In the menu it can show "Commentary with director .... and actors .... and ....".
Is it somehow possible to get that information, rather than having to put disc in player, and write it down manually?
If bdedit isn't able to, is there some other tool that can get that information. It must be stored on the disc somewhere :-)
Whatever is rendered for the BD menu is purely graphical, and IIRC the author is free to handle assignment of audio tracks as he sees fit.
There is an Extension Data field per .clpi, but it seems to be not mandatory to put audio assignments into there.
(DVD was different, IIRC there were 5 or 6 different audio extensions, and like 11 different sub extensions.)

Last edited by Emulgator; 20th May 2024 at 12:39.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2024, 05:55   #1208  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rco133 View Post
With that regkey set, AnyDVD will remove region code on 4k discs as well.
4K discs do not have region coding. My guess is they gave up on it when doing the spec for 4K/UHD.
Old 23rd May 2024, 16:54   #1209  |  Link
rco133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
4K discs do not have region coding. My guess is they gave up on it when doing the spec for 4K/UHD.
Unfortunately some studios have made quite a few discs that are region locked. Probably by mistake, but it doesn't change the fact that there are region locked 4k discs out there.

For example The Twilight Saga 4k have 4 of the discs region locked to region A.
Old 23rd May 2024, 21:19   #1210  |  Link
cubicibo

Correct. Scenarist LLC even had to issue a notice to its client to NOT use region coding on 4K discs.
cubicibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2024, 21:22   #1211  |  Link
MrVideo

They are not supposed to be able to be locked, as it is not in the spec to be able to do so. If I purchased such a disc and it refused to play, I'd send it back as defective.
Old 23rd May 2024, 22:04   #1212  |  Link
cubicibo

The region locking is applied at the BDCMF level, not the HDMV authoring. As the two steps can be handled independantly, this is prone to happen. But yes, those discs are defective according to the BDA.
cubicibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2024, 21:58   #1213  |  Link
palestina

I have a problem that is repeated in two movies (The Dreamers and Crimson Peak).

I do the editing with TsMuxer changing the original audio/subtitle tracks with ones in another language and everything works perfectly until I edit the *mpls to add the pop-up menu (IGS) with BDedit.

When you do this, the movie does not play. The image freezes when you press play in the main menu.

If I use the *mpls generated by TsMuxer, adding the IG with BDedit, the image also freezes.

If I use the original *mpls or the one generated by TsMuxer without modification, the playback is correct but I lose the popup menu.

Someone knows to that can it be?

Thank you.
palestina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2024, 23:34   #1214  |  Link
ocean

Hi palestina, try making the change with the version 0.57b6, I had problems with version 0.57b7 rebuilding the pop-up menu.

Last edited by ocean; 25th May 2024 at 23:41.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2024, 00:36   #1215  |  Link
palestina

I finally managed to fix it with version 0.57b4. It is the last one I had before 0.57b7.

I had tried 0.50b4 but it also gave me an error.

Perhaps this issue should be reviewed for future editions.

Thank you very much for the help.

Last edited by palestina; 26th May 2024 at 08:36.
Old 3rd June 2024, 08:53   #1216  |  Link
palestina

I would like to make a modification to a menu in a Paramount movie (Overlord) and I don't know if I could do it with BDedit or I will have to modify a JAVA file (I think this is the appropriate option).

In the main menu if you select an audio track with Dolby Atmos a dialog box opens at the top with a warning.

I replace a Dolby Digital track with Atmos without a problem and I also modify the *pngs in the JAR folder, and I would like that dialog box to also appear when selecting it.

Can it be done from BDedit or will a JAR file have to be modified?
Old 3rd June 2024, 09:06   #1217  |  Link
taurusus

Hi palestina.
This Atmos warning can be enabled for another audio track, only in one of the Jar file classes.
taurusus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2024, 12:39   #1218  |  Link
palestina

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurusus View Post
Hi palestina.
This Atmos warning can be enabled for another audio track, only in one of the Jar file classes.
That's what I assumed.

I will search then in the *class.

Thank you.
Old 20th June 2024, 16:14   #1219  |  Link
Metal-HTPC

hello,
I would like to change the endlink of 3 specific tracks on my bluray. The authoring software I use (Tmpgenc authoring works) sadly is only able to repeat the track or play the next track and when on "play next" and returns to the main menu page1 instead of returning to page2 where the content was originally started from. In tmpgenc the only way to be able to decide an endlink for specific tracks which makes sense would be to chose an awkward top+track menu combination which doesn't make any sense at all as it basically means that you have a top menu for your main menu whose only purpose it is to enter the main menu....

I found the 3 tracks I would like to endlink under "Playlist" in BDedit as the mpls: 00002, 00003 and 0004 but have no idea how to change their endlink
thanks in advance for the help.
Metal-HTPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2024, 01:38   #1220  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-HTPC View Post
hello,
I would like to change the endlink of 3 specific tracks on my bluray. The authoring software I use (Tmpgenc authoring works) sadly is only able to repeat the track or play the next track and when on "play next" and returns to the main menu page1 instead of returning to page2 where the content was originally started from. In tmpgenc the only way to be able to decide an endlink for specific tracks which makes sense would be to chose an awkward top+track menu combination which doesn't make any sense at all as it basically means that you have a top menu for your main menu whose only purpose it is to enter the main menu....

I found the 3 tracks I would like to endlink under "Playlist" in BDedit as the mpls: 00002, 00003 and 0004 but have no idea how to change their endlink thanks in advance for the help.
I'm not familiar with TMPGEnc or the verbiage you're using in regards to that application. The playlists themselves don't control what happens after the fact, the contents of the "index.bdmv", "MovieObject.bdmv" and IG for the TOP MENU do. Additionally, when going to an IG you'll always be taken to Page 0 first. As such, I reserve the use of Page 0 as a redirect only. My Page 0 for a given menu references no objects, BOG 0 set to activate automatically, the navigation commands for BOG 0 determining what page I'm taken to from there. That being said, I'd be happy to take a look over your Blu-ray if you like determining what changes are required so that you're taken back to Page 2 of the Main Menu rather than Page 1. Just provide a copy of your Blu-ray folder after first removing any M2TS files from the "BDMV\STREAM" folder that aren't part of your MAIN MENU, i.e. retain only the M2TS files referenced by the playlist for the TOP MENU.

Last edited by Lowpro; 21st June 2024 at 03:54.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bd menu, bdedit, blu-ray