Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 27th June 2020, 18:38   #1  |  Link
Wunderteam
Wunderteam

Pause playback of HDMV

Is it possible to programmatically pause the playback of a given m2ts file at the end or at the beginning of each chapter (playlist mark), i.e. something equivalent to the VOBU still mode or the infinite cell still time of DVD presentation? Naively, I tried playing around with "duration" field of the playlist mark entry in the mpls file, but no joy.

I am trying to modified the playback of a single m2ts file with mixed media (video clips and still pictures) into a slideshow where the user advances manually to the next object. Is this at all possible, or does each object (clip or still) have to have its own m2ts, mpls and clpi files?

If the original file has to be broken up, then can anyone recommend a Blu-ray authoring tool that can:
  1. pause at the end of each video clip or still picture,
  2. allow the user to replay a clip or return to the previous still,
  3. allow the user to manually advance, and
  4. provide smooth transitions between objects.
I ended up having to write my own software in order to enable this functionality for DVD's, but the Blu-ray HDMV interface seems oddly much less flexible in this particular situation.
Wunderteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 13:19   #2  |  Link
mp3dom

I think Scenarist is the way to go. You can internally split up a single M2TS into different chunks (you can cut at keyframes only but I guess you already put keyframes at each different slide). Normally, you can have only one playlist inside each MovieObject unless you set the Title to "interactive". Then you can put more playlist inside it and each playlist can be set to still frame for infinite duration which will pause each video at its end.

Last edited by mp3dom; 28th June 2020 at 13:21.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pause, slideshow