Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th July 2015, 02:39   #1  |  Link
minoglow

MeGUI x264 encoding seems causing frame skipping

Hi, first of all, I'm not a native English speaker so please excuse my bad English.

I know this is community about backing up DVD/BD, and actually the source that I'm trying to encoding is game-recording(capturing)-video, but Google says here is the best place about encoding (especially x264 and MeGUI), so I come here. If my ask is inappropriate in here, please tell me which community/forum I should go; I'll really appreciate it.

Lastly, I'm really and really new about this scene; so my question will be really trivial, (like.. you don't need theoretical mathematician professor to solve basic Linear equation, right?) but it literally drives me crazy so I desperately need a help.

OK, here's a thing:

I captured my game play screen with with Dxtory using mainly Lagarith codec or 264vfw lossless at 1080p60.

This is my codec setting for capture (actually, nothing special though):

Lagarith (link)
x264vfw (link)

After capture, I encoded my video to reduce its size with MeGUI/x264, all the setting is basically default except crf value is 18.

my x264 setting in MeGUI (link)

The problem is here:

the encoded file causing like frame.. I don't know how to express this exactly; (due to my English) skipping? popping? shaking? stuttering?

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words, here are the files:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Dg&usp=sharing

The folder includes all the file relative except encoded file before muxed. (original source file, avs, ffindex, encoded file after muxed) (of course, the frame gets problem even before muxed)

(there are Lagarith version and x264vfw version both, to confirm this problem)

or Youtube:

original source (capture)
after encoding

(Please set 720p60 or 1080p60 when you watch Youtube's link)

Where you should look:
  • at 0~18 sec, mountain moving in background.
  • at 30~38 sec, ジュゲム(寿限無, Jugemu; Lakitu in English)'s shadow. The shadow is blinking stably, and it should keep looking grey, but encoded file looks black or empty sometimes.

I thought potplayer was a problem, but checking by Youtube it is definitely the encoded file itself has a problem.

So.. why is this happening? What setting should I use in x264 (MeGUI) to solve this problem?

Thank you for read this, and thanks in advance for your help and kindness.
minoglow is offline   Reply With Quote