Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 9th October 2007, 02:38   #361  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiān

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
Losless in YUY12 is also 100% losless, of course itīs not if you have a rgb source and convert it to another colour space. since most media nowadays donīt use RGB, Support of RGB is only important for intermedia processing.
I see. That kind of "lossless". Huffyuv also says "For RGB input you also have the option of converting to YUY2...This is not lossless, but often it doesn't matter because the same conversion is done anyway when you compress to MPEG..." and I can see the point, more or less. I typically do Src->(some filtering)->Huffyuv RGB->(retouching (involves a lot of copy-and-pasting to/from Clipboard bitmap that is RGB)/more filtering)->Another Huffyuv RGB->Compress, so I personally need RGB to RGB lossless.

Anyway, my random thought was, that snow+RGB was not surprising _because_ snow can be lossless, and I guess this "because" was inappropriate, tho the conclusion itself seems to be right... It's not like I wanted to compress something with snow using RGB. It was just a random thought.
Closed Thread