Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > VP9 and AV1

Old 30th January 2023, 17:15   #1  |  Link
rupeshforu3

errors in encoding avc x264 to av1 using latest ffmpeg libaom linux

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have a system with Intel i3 10th generation processor and Asus H510 me motherboard. I have installed Arch Linux x86_64 latest version and after that I have installed aom package from official repository and after that I have compiled ffmpeg with option --enable-libaom. But I am getting errors while using ffmpeg from command line.

Previously I mean from the past one year I am using ffmpeg along with libaom and I have not encountered any error but yesterday I have removed aom package from my system and after that I have uninstalled ffmpeg. Freshly I have installed aom package and then I have compiled the source code of ffmpeg with option --enable-libaom and it succeeded. Here the issue is when I want to convert a h264 avc .mp4 video file to av1 but I am getting error as follows.

Code:
Overriding packet duration by frame rate, this should not happen
After that I have removed aom package and un installed ffmpeg. After that I have tried to install aom-git aur package using yay helper and succeeded. Now I have tried to compile source code of ffmpeg with option --enable-libaom and succeeded. After that I have tried to convert h264 avc .mp4 video file using ffmpeg but again I am getting same error as follows.

Code:
Overriding packet duration by frame rate, this should not happen"
From the past one year I have not received any such errors but now I am getting. Previously I have used ffmpeg along with Linux distributions Fedora 36 debian stable etc.,.

5 days back the package installed from aom-git aur repository worked fine along with ffmpeg but now can't.

Finally I have compiled the source code of aom downloaded from git official repository as mentioned in itself but still I am getting same error.

Previously as I have not received any errors and now I think that there's a bug in the source code of aom git repository.

If you want I will provide the output of the commands specified by you. Kindly try to suggest how to make ffmpeg with libaom run properly without any errors in my arch Linux system.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
rupeshforu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2023, 02:27   #2  |  Link
rupeshforu3

Hi the bug is within the code of latest ffmpeg from git.

I have compiled the source code of ffmpeg which was pulled from git one month ago. There are no errors while compiling the source code. Even there are no errors while converting x264 to av1.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
rupeshforu3 is offline   Reply With Quote