Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th February 2010, 20:05   #4281  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Yes, it splits the movie in 10 equal segments, then uses segments 2 to 9 (to avoid intro spots and ending credits) and THEN uses these 8 segments in order 1 8 2 7 3 6 5 4

I thought it would deliver nice movie cuts without disclosing too much of the actual movie... Even if you watched it you'd be surprised by the video sequence.

Dean
Lovely thinking :-)
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 20:28   #4282  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yep... it is what makes multiAVCHD a lovely application... There are a lot of such things hidden in multiAVCHD when using the labels 'default' or 'auto'

Sadly there are not so many test-reports of 730RC build, but in one of the next days I'll publish it as official. I'll try to add a 'resume' function for the PLAY button but either way I'll upload it as new major version (probably not 3.1).

Dean
Old 8th February 2010, 20:31   #4283  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
I don't have problems with AVCHD and DTS-HD or TrueHD in my Playstation3 (using external HDD).
Ok, but in this case, why do you say that HD audio is not supported in AVCHD ?
When you speak about AVCHD, you should speak about the MultiAVCHD format -we all know that the "real" AVCHD is very restrictive ; no subtitles, no Dts, ...-, because this can cause misunderstandings in our discussion.
I know of course that the "real" AVCHD format supports neither HD audio nor even simple Dts audio, but as I don't have any problem with Dts, I believed that HD formats would be read without problem.
My Panasonic player is probably the cause of the problem.

Last edited by Music Fan; 8th February 2010 at 20:33.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 20:38   #4284  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

When I say "AVCHD" I refer to "AVCHD standard". What multiAVCHD produces may sometimes be not compliant to the standard (when using subtitles or DTS or HD audio), but it is up to the user - it is that I made multiAVCHD relaxed. I can always make it strict and I'll avoid bug reports which are not really bugs.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:51   #4285  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
What multiAVCHD produces may sometimes be not compliant to the standard
Of course, and that's why we like and use MultiAVCHD !

Am I the first to report problem with True HD exported in AVCHD mode ?
Just to know if I'm unlucky.

Last edited by Music Fan; 8th February 2010 at 20:54.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 22:28   #4286  |  Link
drelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelin View Post
I've made quick playback tests with PowerDVD 7.3 (with HDD source to play BDVM structure).
This evening I'll make tests on standalone players (PIONEER & SONY) with AVCD on DVD and BDVM on BD-RE.

Thank.
Ok, I've tested playback on DVD (AVCHD output) and BD-RE (BD outpout).
Audio and subtitles track selection work fine.

N.B : With standalone players (like SONY or PIONEER tested in this case) nagivation into differents menu pages are not so quickly like a PS3.
Is not a but to Multiavchd.
For sample, The delay time to acces at setup menu page is 2sec after button validation on SONY player BDP-s350

For this test, I've made a project with one title and without "title menu" creation.
But during playback menu the "tittle list" according button is always displayed (only the button), but acces return to title menu ?
drelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 22:36   #4287  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

There is the same 2 seconds delay in NERO... I'll see if I can fix it (TMT and PS3 act differently... In fact ALL players - software/hardware do weird things and it makes my work a nightmare)

About your question about 'title menu' - I can't understand you.

User has four options:

* MAIN/TOP menu
* No MAIN/TOP menu
* MAIN/TOP menu + TITLE LIST menu
* No MAIN/TOP menu and NO TITLE LIST menu

If you don't create MAIN/TOP menu but you have [x] Add title-list menu option enabled, then you'll get the TITLE-LIST menu acting as a MAIN/TOP menu.

What are you trying to accomplish?

*** I re-read your post... I'll check about the "TITLE LIST" label... I did it for "SETUP" and "CHAPTERS" but I think there is no check about the "TITLE LIST" label when no "TITLE LIST" menu is created.

Last edited by deank; 8th February 2010 at 22:39.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 22:46   #4288  |  Link
drelin

Quote:
There is the same 2 seconds delay in NERO... I'll see if I can fix it (TMT and PS3 act differently... In fact ALL players - software/hardware do weird things and it makes my work a nightmare)

About your question about 'title menu' - I can't understand you.

User has four options:

* MAIN/TOP menu
* No MAIN/TOP menu
* MAIN/TOP menu + TITLE LIST menu
* No MAIN/TOP menu and NO TITLE LIST menu

If you don't create MAIN/TOP menu but you have [x] Add title-list menu option enabled, then you'll get the TITLE-LIST menu acting as a MAIN/TOP menu.

What are you trying to accomplish?

*** I re-read your post... I'll check about the "TITLE LIST" label... I did it for "SETUP" and "CHAPTERS" but I think there is no check about the "TITLE LIST" label when no "TITLE LIST" menu is created.
Thank

For more precision :
With only 3 labels created "play" / "setup" / "chapter"
navigation left/right into "play" and "setup" works fine
but if you go to right between "setup" you selected blank button (correpsonding to title list i think) without label;
same result if go to up between "setup".
other button work fine.

I hope that is more clearly than my previous post
Old 8th February 2010, 22:48   #4289  |  Link
rendez2k

With the new motion menu options just about complete, any chance of a more detailed menu preview option? I know some rendering would be required but it's better than having to re-do entire projects
Old 8th February 2010, 22:52   #4290  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelin View Post
Thank

For more precision :
With only 3 labels created "play" / "setup" / "chapter"
navigation left/right into "play" and "setup" works fine
but if you go to right between "setup" you selected blank button (correpsonding to title list i think) without label;
same result if go to up between "setup".
other button work fine.

I hope that is more clearly than my previous post
When there is no TITLE LIST menu the button won't be available (and the label too). HIDE option hides the label. The other logic (which I'll add) will hide the button, too. May be tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k View Post
With the new motion menu options just about complete, any chance of a more detailed menu preview option? I know some rendering would be required but it's better than having to re-do entire projects
What is it that you can't see in the menu preview, which causes you to re-do the compilations?
Old 8th February 2010, 23:21   #4291  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
What is it that you can't see in the menu preview, which causes you to re-do the compilations?
Well I assume you can't see the motion preview? It would be nice to see how things like the text looks against animated backgrounds, and which background clips have been selected. Maybe just a personal taste things but it helps to minimize any issues. As I say, you could have two options - a quick static preview and a proper rendered version? At the moment, the preview just shows the standard background image - not even a clip from the video.

Edit: Just had an example of this. Made a TV compilation and forgot that the TV episodes had logos in the corner. This ended up over my text on the menu. A quick preview would have shown me this.

Last edited by rendez2k; 8th February 2010 at 23:41.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:46   #4292  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I know that a full-featured menu preview would be a nice touch but it will double (if not triple/4ple) the things I need to follow in multiAVCHD. Even at the current stage, menu preview and menu generation are two completely different procedures. 1st depends directly on the input media (files) and 2nd depends on the final mux/compilation.

There is no (easy) way to program what you ask for. It is a setback, but it will cost efforts which can be directed in other directions/features.

Dean
Old 8th February 2010, 23:48   #4293  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
I know that a full-featured menu preview would be a nice touch but it will double (if not triple/4ple) the things I need to follow in multiAVCHD. Even at the current stage, menu preview and menu generation are two completely different procedures. 1st depends directly on the input media (files) and 2nd depends on the final mux/compilation.

There is no (easy) way to program what you ask for. It is a setback, but it will cost efforts which can be directed in other directions/features.

Dean
I'm no expert by any means, but couldn't you just run the menu generation part then preview the resulting video in say media player classic (or even just save it to the desktop and the let user check?). Also noticed that if I change the co-ordinates of say the play button that these aren't updated on the preview. I wasn't expecting full navigation - just an indication of how things are looking really.

Last edited by rendez2k; 8th February 2010 at 23:51.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:53   #4294  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

All coordinates are applied to the preview. Probably you didn't enable [x] Apply button position settings option in MENU/Misc. Please take time to examine all the options I gave you.

The coordinate values are default for XMB menu and are not applied unless you tick the box I mentioned. The LABELS and the [x] hide options are applied when you change them, but not the coordinates (it is designed to work that way in case the user plays with the settings without paying attention what he is doing).

Last edited by deank; 8th February 2010 at 23:58.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 23:56   #4295  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
All coordinates are applied to the preview. Probably you didn't enable [x] Apply button position settings option in MENU/Misc. Please take time to examine all the options I gave you.
Yup - missed that option - works great!
Old 9th February 2010, 00:36   #4296  |  Link
drelin

Few requests when you'll work for one title authoring :

- A option to make totaly transparent the square background for the audio and chapter menu page.
With this option, we can use a custom (static image) background.

- A main menu with only PLAY SETUP and CHATPER button access with horizontal or vertical navigation (like as discusssion in previous post)

That all, but only when you can have time for work on it

- a option for use custom backoground (static or video with audio) for audio menu and chapter menu
Old 9th February 2010, 00:45   #4297  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

How would you know what you select with fully transparent selection box?

As I said, the [more] button in TITLE PROPERTIES will let you do whatever you want with all the pages (main/subtitle/chapters).

I was hoping for more feedback to proceed further, but as I said I'll do it anyway.

Dean

*** p.s. I'm always amazed by the menu pages you create and they inspire me to add features in multiAVCHD, so if you can - please illustrate what you expect as a final result. It helps me a lot. I'm a good programmer and a bad designer as most of you already noticed.
Old 9th February 2010, 02:43   #4298  |  Link
drelin

Quote:
How would you know what you select with fully transparent selection box?

As I said, the [more] button in TITLE PROPERTIES will let you do whatever you want with all the pages (main/subtitle/chapters).

I was hoping for more feedback to proceed further, but as I said I'll do it anyway.

Dean

*** p.s. I'm always amazed by the menu pages you create and they inspire me to add features in multiAVCHD, so if you can - please illustrate what you expect as a final result. It helps me a lot. I'm a good programmer and a bad designer as most of you already noticed.
Ok, I Understand.
You are great programmer and don't have a good aid with my english
You're right, it's more easy with illustration.
Tomorow, I'll create sample menus for illustrate

Thank for your comprehension.
Old 9th February 2010, 12:32   #4299  |  Link
drelin

Hello,
See sample for explain a custom presentation for audio and chapter menu pages (without the square background)

For audio menu, can you provide same option as chapter menu page for "coordinate values" ?

And additional question about the graphic type of button :

With this new version, you've change the original button "arrow" by square and if I remember ours previuos posts, you said that you don't any solution for muxing (or create) IGS in m2ts to customize the button (like a frame arround chapter picture for example). It is right ?

How can you create the actually button ? You use a ready m2ts create by other software (like NERO vision) ?
in this case, if I'll provide you m2ts with other graphic buttons (like as frame for chapter) all ready muxed, that can help you ?

If I right about this point, tell me characteritics you need.
Old 9th February 2010, 12:37   #4300  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You have the option for X/Y of the audio/subtitle setup in MENU/General (default 640, 530).

The "RESUME" function of the PLAY button is ready. It is activated if user quits the movie from the POP-UP menu with "TITLE MENU" button. Then one can change the options in SETUP and resume the playback from the last chapter played.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author