Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:22   #1  |  Link
igro

Serial Experiments Lain challenge - revisited

I got my hands on some DVDs of Lain from Japan (long story short - it pays to scare the hell out of your Japanese neighbours by greeting them in Japanese and then start talking some more ). I've heard that Lain was a bitch to encode (due to the crappy R1 source and what not), but at the same time it seemed like a perfect candidate for a vfr encode, so I wanted to give it a try.

The source seems pretty good to me (considering this is not a new show, etc) - no haloing/whatever, but I have some serious trouble getting to deinterlace it.

Here's a sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?mlxzmjx29qz

For most of the eps, everything seems to go ok: it detects film and video sections, everything is smooth, but look at the above sample from episode 11, especially these two parts:

(notice the obvious combing on the mouth)

(notice the not-so-obvious combing on the mouth )

No matter what I try I can't get these two parts right.
My script is pretty simple, based on the vfr examples from the tivtc documentation, NNEDI + TDeint.
I've tried many options of tfm, tdeint, but to no avail If someone could point me in the right direction, (even "RTFM for x filter" ) say if this can even be done, I'll be very grateful
igro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combing, deinterlace, vfr