Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th November 2013, 22:12   #81  |  Link
lansing

can you also add the tesseract ocr dictionary for chinese traditional?
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 06:05   #82  |  Link
lansing

I'm trying to ocr the chinese characters through the image compare method, but the characters that were being detected were mostly cropped on all sides. Is there anyway to expand the crop on all sides?

And also, I wanted to request adding custom hotkey for expand and shrink selection in the ocr window, because it will save a lot of time while doing heavy ocr without using mouse and keyboard at the same time.
Attached Images

Last edited by lansing; 25th November 2013 at 06:17.
Old 25th November 2013, 22:30   #83  |  Link
Nikse555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
can you also add the tesseract ocr dictionary for chinese traditional?
Sure, will be there in next version - or you can get this: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip

Quote:
And also, I wanted to request adding custom hotkey for expand and shrink selection in the ocr window...
Try Alt+Arrow left/right

No way to expand the crop atm, sorry.
Nikse555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 08:54   #84  |  Link
lansing

thanks for the reply, alt+arrow left/right works. Now I'll try to ocr an small image database to see it if it's accurate even with the cropped sides
Old 12th December 2013, 20:25   #85  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Hi! Thanks for a wonderful piece of software.

I'm having trouble syncing and wondered if there was something I missed. In SE 3.3.11 using vlc and visual sync, I get perfect sync. Then saving the srt and muxing it with the blu-ray the sub gets gradually out of sync. With Directshow i don't get audio just video but it seems that the speed of the movie is somewhat different(maybe the correct speed to sync to?) but when looking at the little info text just above the waveform window it says 23.976 both when using vlc and directshow. Any ideas?

//LD

Never mind, it was bad muxing on my side..

Last edited by LowDead; 13th December 2013 at 00:18. Reason: my bad
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 02:12   #86  |  Link
minhjirachi

I have a little problem with subtitle edit. When I export to .sup file, with this line: "@facebook.com/VAV.AudioViet", the text: "@facebook.com" has no shadow and "VAV.Studio" is normall.

Code:
<font color="#ff8000">V</font><font color="#008000">AV</font> <font color="#ffffff">STUDIO</font> .:. <font color="#ff8000">V</font><font color="#008000">AV</font>.MOVIE
İfacebook.com/<font color="#ff8000">V</font><font color="#008000">AV</font>.AudioViet
And with that script, the subtitle edit won't align center. I don't know why. So please fix that problem.

Thank you.

Last edited by minhjirachi; 20th December 2013 at 05:36.
minhjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 09:54   #87  |  Link
Nikse555

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhjirachi View Post
I have a little problem with subtitle edit. When I export to .sup file, with this line: "@facebook.com/VAV.AudioViet", the text: "@facebook.com" has no shadow and "VAV.Studio" is normall.
Thx for reporting this
Will be fixed in next update (you can also get latest source or latest beta: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip)

Centering should work if you use correct video size - as far as I know.
Old 22nd December 2013, 03:52   #88  |  Link
minhjirachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
Thx for reporting this
Will be fixed in next update (you can also get latest source or latest beta: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip)

Centering should work if you use correct video size - as far as I know.
Thank you so much. The beta was fixed the shadow problem but the centering still get bug.

Waiting for your new release.
Old 10th January 2014, 14:56   #89  |  Link
minhjirachi

I have another problem. When I export the .sup file and remux it with tsmuxer. After that I demux it with BD Reauthor Pro and allow it auto generate the project. I can't mux it with that Subtitle Edit sup file. I have to use the BDSup2Sub to export the subtitle as xml/png and re-import into Scenarist as BDN. So please fix this problem too and add the same features "bottom margin" of "Export Blu-ray sup" to "Export BDN xml/png".

Thank you so much.

Waiting for your new official release.
Old 10th January 2014, 21:49   #90  |  Link
Nikse555

OK, latest src now have "Bottom margin" option for bdn/xml.

I just tested tsMuxeR and SE sup files and it seems to work... so I have no clue about what to fix or how to test

Next version of SE will be out in a few days (also with some support for ripping image based DVB subtitles)
Old 12th January 2014, 15:47   #91  |  Link
Nikse555

SE 3.3.12 final release out: http://code.google.com/p/subtitleedit/downloads/list

I hope that SE can now import image based DVB SUB from .ts files... please do let me know if you have problems!
If you want to OCR and the sub contains colored (non-white) lines, then do check the 'Grayscale' checkbox.
Old 13th January 2014, 20:39   #92  |  Link
Dean007

Hello! I'm new to this software.
I tried ripping Slovenian subtitles from a DVD (pal). There were a few issues. I noticed the software likes to put different letters or words by itself. For instance, word NO... was ripped as M
I have "try to guess word" unchecked and "prompt for unknown words" checked.
And many words were typed together (for instance; what if --> whatif, etc.), also a lot of times letters would begin with upper letters when there's no ?!.
I downloaded slovenian dictionary and tessarect and copied them in right folder.

Any suggestions how can I improve things? And can I edit OCR fix?
Dean007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 17:50   #93  |  Link
Nikse555

Hi Dean007, OCR via Tesseract relies on the Tesseract language data files, so SE cannot make a big differences in the results - only some post OCR fixes. Check the file for English post corrections to see how it's done: eng_OCRFixReplaceList.xml.
It's possible to train Tesseract yourself, but it's NOT for everybody... at all: http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/wiki/TrainingTesseract3
Tesseract is normally very good for OCR'ing English, but you might want to try the OCR via "Image compare" in SE.
Old 14th January 2014, 19:19   #94  |  Link
Dean007

I see.
With image compare, does SE recognizes typed letters or do I have to keep manually type same letters again and again?
Dean007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 07:34   #95  |  Link
Nikse555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean007 View Post
With image compare, does SE recognizes typed letters or do I have to keep manually type same letters again and again?
Depends on the image quality and your 'Max. error%' (should be around 1.0 for vobsub like subs and probably around 5-7 for larger subs like bluray).
Unless you have multiple fonts in the same sub or uses resized vobsub files it should work fine...
Old 15th January 2014, 11:09   #96  |  Link
lansing

is there a selection option to select even/odd lines?
Old 15th January 2014, 20:05   #97  |  Link
Nikse555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
is there a selection option to select even/odd lines?
No, is that a commonly used functionality for you?
Old 15th January 2014, 20:58   #98  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
No, is that a commonly used functionality for you?
It's for the subtitle that I'm working on, the original person who's doing the timing screwed up on the import, and now half of the file were junks under this pattern. So I'm looking for a way to remove them.
Old 17th January 2014, 03:34   #99  |  Link
lansing

I encountered a bug while editing, I have my subtitle loaded in, working with the waveform for syncing, and saving constantly. However, after a while, when I try to save it, I noticed that it was saving it to a temp file called "untitled" and the program asks me if I want to overwrite it. I don't know what triggered the bug.

And I think the scrolling direction in the waveform is wrong, down scroll should advance the time in the waveform, not the opposite.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:40   #100  |  Link
Nozdrum

By any chance, is it possible to OCR an hard subbed .mp4 file using Subtitle Edit? this mp4 has no special characters, it uses one font for the whole duration, it looks like they just hard subbed the .srt track but I cannot find the soft subbed version of it so I wonder if there's any way to OCR it, any suggestions?
Nozdrum is offline   Reply With Quote