Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 26th September 2005, 14:04   #61  |  Link
mg262
Clouded

FWIW, I think this is a very convenient feature to have.

Quote:
You know, I always try to take care of them.
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...eaglescout.htm
mg262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 18:02   #62  |  Link
FreQi

Funny, relative paths was exactly what my next request was going to be.

I tend to make my .d2v in the same location as my source files, and sometimes I move them from one machine to another. Directly editing the .d2v to reflect the new path of the source files is possible, but cumbersome when I have 60+ .ts files in the .d2v. Perhaps a rootPath could be "set" at the beginning of the .d2v that could be edited so when they do get moved, only a single line needs to be modified.
FreQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 14:14   #63  |  Link
PhillipWyllie

Log quant matrices

Thanks for a great utility. What'd be nice is to log the timecode as well. This would allow users to see when a particular quantisation matrix was being used.
Old 30th September 2005, 14:17   #64  |  Link
PhillipWyllie

Ignore pulldown flags

When I select this on a 29.970 fps clip and save project and demux the resulting demuxed clip is still at 29.970 fps. Shouldn't it be 23.976fps?(for a 100% film clip).
Old 30th September 2005, 15:00   #65  |  Link
FreQi

The video you're processing probably doesn't use pulldown flags. Instead it actually has the frames in it to make it 29.97fps. The fact that some of those frames are dupes or blended (if interlaced) is what makes it get detected as FILM. Those frames get dropped when you IVTC it to bring it back down to 23.976 (as close to FILM as you'll get).
Old 30th September 2005, 15:20   #66  |  Link

Please don't post questions/problems in this thread. Thank you.

When you Ignore Pulldown Flags, DGIndex does not change the framerate; it just reports the stream value. Using general pulldown, the base rate could be anything. If DGIndex ignores the flags, he can't guess the base rate, so he just reports the stream value.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2005, 13:51   #67  |  Link
PhillipWyllie

Thanks and sorry. I know it has flags as I encoded the clip with flags. I just thought that DGIndex could work out the new frame rate and apply the flag to the newly demuxed MPEG-2.
Old 3rd October 2005, 15:44   #68  |  Link
Cyberia

DGIndex always demuxes the original stream. It does not alter it, except for cuts. So, any of the options under Video (pulldowns, luminance, colorspace) are not 'applied' to the demuxed stream.
Cyberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2005, 03:56   #69  |  Link
FreQi

I recently posted a request for replacing 2.0 AC3 with 5.1 silence. I'd like to slightly revise that.

I'd like to be able to replace 2.0 AC3 with 5.1 AC3 of the same bitrate that remains in the audio stream (or be able to select a bitrate for the silence).

For example, I have a stream with 5.1 @ 384k that switches to 2.0 @ 384k. When using ProjectX to replace the 2.0, it repalces it with a silent sample at 448k. It should be 384k, but I have no way of telling it to do that...
Old 2nd November 2005, 21:21   #70  |  Link
Yuri Khan

I was slightly surprised to find that there was once a standalone, batch-scriptable DGParse but now itís integrated in the GUI. It would be really good to have it accessible via the CLI.
Yuri Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 11:28   #71  |  Link
Sajan

When I open file in DGIndex I can't find information window (only when playing or previewing). Sometimes it's wanted to see information while frame-by-frame seeking.
Old 31st May 2006, 08:09   #72  |  Link
tahir

Split By Chapter

I convert alot of songs DVD's into VCD using DGIndex. I Rip the DVD in DVD Decrypter using IFO Mode and File Spliting is set to "By Chapter". So I have to manualy create projects for all the chapters.
I would like you to implement a feature in DGIndex that Automaticaly Creates D2V and AVS files per chapter (IFO Parsing).

And thank you for such a great tool.
tahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2006, 00:19   #73  |  Link
Tatsh
Enthusiast

Speed increase for AMD Turion 64

The AMD Turion 64 laptop processor changes speed constantly using multipliers 4, 8, and 10. When I encode with VirtualDub, the speed stays at 2GHz (10 x 200), but when I make a D2V in DGIndex, the speed is at 1.6GHz (8 x 200). I think, because I had a AMD Athlon 64 2.2GHz PC before, that this 400MHz might make a difference in speed (consider: 3 minutes for a normal length movie with Skal SSE MMX on the Athlon 64 processor although it was 2.2Ghz not 2Ghz, 15 minutes for this Turion 64 at 1.6GHz with Skal SSE MMX) So somehow, DGIndex would somehow need to tell the processor or OS drivers to keep the speed to the maximum (or prioritize). Windows prioritizing does not work on this.

I don't know much on the subject, but somehow the processor or VirtualDub know to keep the speed at 2GHz for encoding.

Or, is the speed because of the laptop HD speed (4200 RPM)? Even with 7200 RPM a USB2 HD, it seems to be about the same.
Tatsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:13   #74  |  Link
Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsh

Or, is the speed because of the laptop HD speed (4200 RPM)? Even with 7200 RPM a USB2 HD, it seems to be about the same.
yes odds are you are disk I/O bound and there is no need for the CPU to be running faster. If you are writing the d2v file to the same drive as reading the source stream then that would make it even worse and XP likes to pageout a lot and if this on the same drive also... yuck
Zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2006, 15:18   #75  |  Link
kypec
User of free A/V tools

File Version number update?

Hi neuron2,

I just downloaded your 1.4.8 Final release and found out that the File version (File->Properties | Version tab)
of both DGIndex.exe and DGDecode.dll is still showing 1.4.7.0
although the Product version in details tab reports properly 1,4,8,0
Could you please re-release those files so that no users would be confused about version numbers inconsistency?
kypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 00:01   #76  |  Link

I updated the zip files to correct this. Thanks for pointing it out.

(May I ask next time can you please not wait for my final release to report things? The 1.4.8 beta has been ongoing for a long time, at any point of which you could have reported this.)
Old 22nd July 2006, 09:36   #77  |  Link
kypec
User of free A/V tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
(May I ask next time can you please not wait for my final release to report things? The 1.4.8 beta has been ongoing for a long time, at any point of which you could have reported this.)
I'm really sorry about not mentioning it earlier but the only beta I had downloaded before was 1.4.8 beta 7.
At that time I didn't check the file properties at all because I was eager to try it out after reading all included documentation and help files.
Anyway, it's a terrific piece of work you made on it, keep it up
kypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 13:49   #78  |  Link
devaster
Duke is my hero

Hi neuron2 i have problem with linking dgdecode from latest sources from your web
link says that a symbols @simple_idct_mmx and @Skl_Dct16_SSE defined in asm files (simple_idct_mmx.asm and skl_dct_sse.asm) are unknown (compiling is ok...)...
whath i may do to fix it ???

Last edited by devaster; 4th August 2006 at 13:52.
devaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 14:40   #79  |  Link

Make sure these are in the project:

simple_idct_mmx.asm
skl_dct_sse.asm

Then you need NASM installed to build them.

Everything is setup correctly in the shipped project file. You probably don't have NASM.
Old 4th August 2006, 14:46   #80  |  Link
devaster
Duke is my hero

I have:
- both asm in project
- nasm is installed and functional

as i have wrote compiling is ok (when i havent a nasm then woudnt compile due a custom build step error)
only linking is a problem

today at 23:00 ill sent to this forum a full error statement from VS from my home - it would be better

Last edited by devaster; 4th August 2006 at 14:59.
devaster is offline   Reply With Quote