Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old Today, 01:49   #20561  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev11 View Post
My windows 11 box is showing the popups in the audio preferences screen after I click on Create/Update button for a profile.
Well, that is interesting, I run nVidia's on most of mine, although I do have 1 that has an AMD R480, but it still doesn't show the pop up's.

However, I tested on W8.1 & W10, and it worked

I have however discovered a work around for W11 (more about that later).
FTLOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:53   #20562  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Although now once I closed Ripbot and opened it again, the 3 original .ini files that I removed from profiles\preferences have now magically reappeared. Have to figure out where/why they are being regenerated from on program start
Yep, what a PITA....

Are you creating your own custom preferences ??

Then it doesn't matter what get's regenerated on every RB startup !!

Not sure why Atak is going down this path, there are already "newbies" asking how it all works.

Too many complicated options being added that aren't necessary IMO.

Might be better to stay on either 1.27.1. or the first 1.27.2, this one (for the time being) sux.
Old Today, 02:00   #20563  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Simple workaround for pop up's not displaying...

I tried different compatibility settings, with no success.

I ended up trying a "color" setting in RipBot's.exe, and that did the trick.

I am yet to do any encoding jobs with this latest build, but if it does make it trickier adding audio & subtitles, I'll just process video, and add the others later.

We'll see....

As history has shown, Atak is VERY good at adding all these "option's" with NO explanation, and "we" have to figure it out for ourselves
Old Today, 02:14   #20564  |  Link
rlev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Just in case if you user would like to check default values.

Btw.
Audio1FilterList=DEFAULT
Is kind of risky Because if audio file does not have this text then you get NO AUDIO.
Ok, thanks, so just to be clear that should always remain at least at the default of:
Audio1FilterList=DEFAULT;English;1_audio;

I updated my custom scripts back to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOY View Post
Yep, what a PITA....

Are you creating your own custom preferences ??

Then it doesn't matter what get's regenerated on every RB startup !!

Not sure why Atak is going down this path, there are already "newbies" asking how it all works.

Too many complicated options being added that aren't necessary IMO.
I am creating my own custom preferences as I said I really only need 3 audio choices with none of the extra settings. I was just trying to eliminate the extra clutter of having the originals in the drop down. It really isn't a big deal if they are there, single mode has a bunch of audio profiles I never used and I never gave that a second thought. It's just that everything else is customizable, I just want to see if i can figure out where it is regenerating the 3 originals from.

I think we need to just work through it and figure it out although it would be nice if we got a write up of what Atak is thinking how this all works and how to adjust the workflow to each users preferences. It does seem daunting, but it does add a lot of customization's in batch mode once we figure out how to get things setup right.

I am sure that I am in the minority where I only EVER do 1 audio stream, and I NEVER add a subtitle file into the mkv container. The only subtitles I ever do is foreign language forced subs that I render (burn in) directly into the video stream

Last edited by rlev11; Today at 02:19. Reason: add info
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:16   #20565  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Anyone else experiencing DE issues ??

I have had a couple of very frustrating hours with this new build !!

Most of the client PC's on DE (that were working just fine), are now all but useless due to some input error that causes them to not start encoding.

Fortunately, I had another server PC that had the previous build, and it works with DE without issue.

So guess who's staying on the previous build.

I would strongly suggest that EVERYONE turns off auto update, especially if you use DE.

I will keep testing, but I don't think it will change the outcome.
Old Today, 08:22   #20566  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

If you look at the dates of EncodingClient.exe and EncodingServer.exe files then you will realize that I haven't touched those for a year!
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:32   #20567  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Ok, thanks, so just to be clear that should always remain at least at the default of:
Audio1FilterList=DEFAULT;English;1_audio;

I updated my custom scripts back to that

I am creating my own custom preferences as I said I really only need 3 audio choices with none of the extra settings. I was just trying to eliminate the extra clutter of having the originals in the drop down. It really isn't a big deal if they are there, single mode has a bunch of audio profiles I never used and I never gave that a second thought. It's just that everything else is customizable, I just want to see if i can figure out where it is regenerating the 3 originals from.

I think we need to just work through it and figure it out although it would be nice if we got a write up of what Atak is thinking how this all works and how to adjust the workflow to each users preferences. It does seem daunting, but it does add a lot of customization's in batch mode once we figure out how to get things setup right.

I am sure that I am in the minority where I only EVER do 1 audio stream, and I NEVER add a subtitle file into the mkv container. The only subtitles I ever do is foreign language forced subs that I render (burn in) directly into the video stream
Here is a good example

German language was originally muxed as Default

And the same but Default flag was missing

That's why I used this order
English
1_audio

If you leave only DEFAULT text then on second file NO AUDIO will selected.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; Today at 08:35.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:40   #20568  |  Link
FTLOY
Friend of a friend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
If you look at the dates of EncodingClient.exe and EncodingServer.exe files then you will realize that I haven't touched those for a year!
I don't think that is something to brag about...

So then, why am I having issues with this new build, and as soon as I go back to the previous, there's none ??

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360