Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 12th October 2012, 01:18   #21  |  Link
bsw11

OK thanks got it. But how do I make sure it works with the player?? I tired to slow it down but the sound is not staying on pitch. Also if I click to pause and then play again the rate returns to 1. That is not acceptable.

I did click both the slow and fast ck bxs in the configuration. Is there something in the player that needs to be set?
Old 12th October 2012, 01:19   #22  |  Link
SamKook

Is there any plans to add a wasapi audio renderer in the near future?

I'm searching for a player that support this natively instead of having to go through reclock and having to live with it not playing the audio every time it needs to fill the buffer.
SamKook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 01:24   #23  |  Link
bsw11

Using a video player to play audio is like using a truck in Nascar.

Use Foobar2000.org - best audio player and has a great wasapi.
Old 12th October 2012, 01:42   #24  |  Link
SamKook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsw11 View Post
Using a video player to play audio is like using a truck in Nascar.

Use Foobar2000.org - best audio player and has a great wasapi.
It's not for playing audio only files, I'm already using foobar for that.

The audio from videos sound a lot better with it, which is why I tolerate reclock to be able to use it.
Old 12th October 2012, 02:00   #25  |  Link
bsw11

Got it. For Multi-channel videos I usually put up with VLC as they have done the best job of implementing direct HDMI out ability.

So can you tell me how you get Zoom to work with ReClock?
Old 12th October 2012, 02:19   #26  |  Link
SamKook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsw11 View Post
Got it. For Multi-channel videos I usually put up with VLC as they have done the best job of implementing direct HDMI out ability.

So can you tell me how you get Zoom to work with ReClock?
You just need to either add zoom in the applications reclock is allowed to replace the default renderer in the advanced tab or select reclock as the default renderer in zoom's option under playback, audio.

When you see a red/yellow/green clock icon appear in the task bar, you know it's working. If it's red it means it couldn't detect the video and won't change anything though.

Last edited by SamKook; 12th October 2012 at 02:25.
Old 12th October 2012, 04:38   #27  |  Link
bsw11

OK! Got it to work and it syncs very nicely as well.

That is the good news. The bad news is unless Blight will tweak it to stop resetting it EVER, then it is not usable. This means:

Do not reset when:
Pausing, repositioning or even playing the next video. Make that change or add an option and its good to go!

And the icing would be to add it to the mouse wheel functionality.

Thanks for all the help on this.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:20   #28  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

bsw11:
You can set the mouse wheel to a custom function and set that to the increase/decrease the rate by 10% functions.
ZP has settings that control whether the playrate resets on pause or even when playing the next media track.
Just click on the "search" button on the advanced options dialog and then type in 'rate' to find the related settings.

SamKook:
There is a wsaspi audio renderer based on the BASS-Audio components.
It used to be here: http://surodev.com/
But that website has been hacked (I notified the dev).
You can also use LAV Audio to do bitstreaming over HDMI.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:17   #29  |  Link
aressiont27

Re

I love this player. Works so fine and has a very good user interface. pretty decent that you members have listed some of the glitches and technical know-how of this product.

---------------------
audio codecs
aressiont27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 13:06   #30  |  Link
pirlouy
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
The audio from videos sound a lot better with it, which is why I tolerate reclock to be able to use it.
Placebo.
It's impossible to hear a difference between WASAPI and Directsound (if you use the good good settings in Directsound output), except if there's sound from another software coming in the same time...
pirlouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 16:28   #31  |  Link
SamKook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
SamKook:
There is a wsaspi audio renderer based on the BASS-Audio components.
It used to be here: http://surodev.com/
But that website has been hacked (I notified the dev).
You can also use LAV Audio to do bitstreaming over HDMI.
That sounds really interesting, do you know what it's called? I tried googling it but only found the bass wasapi library or reclock.

Bitstreaming isn't an option because I don't have a decoder anymore, I'm outputting directly to my headphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
Placebo.
It's impossible to hear a difference between WASAPI and Directsound (if you use the good good settings in Directsound output), except if there's sound from another software coming in the same time...
Then I guess I'm not using the good good settings(whatever they are) because there's a clear difference for me. And it can't be the placebo effect because I didn't expect wasapi to sound any different until I stopped using reclock and went back to standard directsound.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:22   #32  |  Link
bsw11

OK. Getting closer.. It turns out you also have an option to force the frame rate choice in the wheel to only do rate so I was able to use the custom setting to zoom the video in and out which is just WONDERFUL for those vids with a large black border!

The issue is the wheel seems to only select 50% or 1.84 going the other way - the steps of 10% don't seem to be working. I have a fast wheel (MX rev) and when I slowed it down I got a couple extra steps but still not 10% and it does not stick at the minimum at the edges but recycles - so a little tweaking may be in order - unless there is another option :-).

And I have just one more issue that would stop me from switching from PP (and probably a lot of others) - multiple playlists - please tell me you have multiple playlists and how to use and select them.
Edit - I see you can save and load playlists, however in PP multiple lists are built into the interface so loading and changing and saving is automatic. Is there a similar function in ZP?

Last edited by bsw11; 12th October 2012 at 17:24.
bsw11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 18:35   #33  |  Link
bsw11

One more issue - I was attempting to cut and paste from the PP playlist into ZP. When I hit ^V to paste it brought up the Media Viewer interface. I am still messing around to see if that will replace the multiple playlists of PP, but then somehow it did do a paste into the current list - I am not sure how, but I tried it a few more times and it seem phase of the moon dependent. I cannot get it to paste anymore.

What is the procedure to paste into a playlist? And why is ^V used for anything but a paste?
Old 15th October 2012, 03:07   #34  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

samkook:
The website is back up, this is the renderer:
http://surodev.com/?page_id=233
It's a DirectShow wrapper for BASS ASIO, I never tried it myself.

bsw11:
No, there is no specific multi-playlist feature at this time.
There are several ways of quickly building playlists from directory structures and of course the media library.
With regards to the play rate, you are right, in the next build, it will go up/down in 10% increments.
Ctrl+V isn't used in ZP to paste a playlist, you can either load it through the button, or drag & drop a bunch of files.
ZP does support loading quite a few playlist formats, I'm not sure what PP is using, but it it can export into an M3U format, ZP will support that.
ZP supports WMP, WinAmp, M3U and it's own "ZPL" playlist formats.

Last edited by Blight; 15th October 2012 at 03:09.
Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 04:48   #35  |  Link
SamKook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
samkook:
The website is back up, this is the renderer:
http://surodev.com/?page_id=233
It's a DirectShow wrapper for BASS ASIO, I never tried it myself.
Ah, that explains why I couldn't find anything about it since ASIO and WASAPI aren't the same thing(equally good though from what I've heard).

Sadly it doesn't play well with my Xonar D1 soundcard. Everything plays extremely slow and I can't seem to find a fix. I guess I'll have to go on their forum and hope for a fix or continue with reclock until I find a player that supports it natively.

Edit: And since it plays perfectly well with foobar's ASIO, it doesn't look good.

Last edited by SamKook; 15th October 2012 at 05:06.
Old 15th October 2012, 05:07   #36  |  Link
bsw11

Blight,

Your media library reminds me of a Windows 95 app. It has some cool features but it is a bit overdone. If you wanted to completely put PP out to lunch, all you would need to do is integrate a playlist with your history data and keep track also of the number of plays as well as the last play date. If that showed up on all playlists it would be game over.

One other issue is your screen saver - All I want it to do is use the windows screen saver and screen off function whenever the player IS NOT ACTUALLY PLAYING a video. So when a video is playing, then the Windows screen saver should be disabled and re-enabled on a pause. Right now anytime your app is running, it wipes out the Windows screen saver function (screen never turns off). If there is a setting please let me know. I already tried a bunch.

Last edited by bsw11; 15th October 2012 at 05:19.
bsw11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 23:24   #37  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

bsw11:
The reason ZP disables the screen saver (and it's optional) is that the windows screen saver can interfere with the playing media (causing Direct3D devices to be lost unexpectedly, beyond my control).
Simply use the options search button for screen saver and you'll find it ('disable windows screensaver').
As far as the media library, it's designed to work more for keyboard/remotes, mouse input is improving, but not quite there yet.
Multiple playlists will probably be in v9, there are many factors at play.

samkook:
The author answers his email, so you can try that.
He is wrapping the BASS library, which is supposed to support both ASIO and WASAPI.
Old 17th October 2012, 00:58   #38  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Zoom Player doesn't remove the following registry keys on uninstall:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\ZPPlayDriveOnArrival
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ZP.OpenDrive

Last edited by cyberbeing; 18th October 2012 at 17:43.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 11:15   #39  |  Link
Blight
Software Developer

cyberbeing:
Thanks, I'll take care of it in the next installer.

Tags
blu-ray, dvd, htpc, media player, zoom player