Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 23rd January 2023, 11:05   #621  |  Link
Dimensional

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
Indeed - Passkey 9.4.5.0 worked with FindVUK 1.57, but 9.4.5.1 stopped to work.

Just published FindVUK 1.58 that establishes compatibility with 9.4.5.1
I'm getting a 404 Error when attempting to download 1.58. Did they drop down your website immediately?

Edit: Nevermind. Browser wasn't properly loading the url. Switching fixed it.

Last edited by Dimensional; 23rd January 2023 at 11:11.
Dimensional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2023, 18:43   #622  |  Link
PurpleMarOne

Quote:
New FindUK 1.58 should fix your problem! Please test and keep me posted, thanks
Sorry but it doesn't work
I tried running my Blu-ray through the new FindVUK two or three times, and each time, FindVUK told me there's an error, then closed itself before I had time to copy the exact message.
Now the disc just doesn't work at all, even when neither FindVUK nor DVDFab are open. My player just doesn't detect it anymore. I bought another copy of the disc, same problem.
I also tried both copies on another computer, same problem again.
Now I really don't know what to do, and I'm afraid I don't have any more information to give you in order to solve the problem

Last edited by PurpleMarOne; 31st January 2023 at 21:08.
PurpleMarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2023, 18:42   #623  |  Link
ErichV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMarOne View Post
I tried running my Blu-ray through the new FindVUK two or three times, and each time, FindVUK told me there's an error, then closed itself before I had time to copy the exact message.
Now the disc just doesn't work at all, even when neither FindVUK nor DVDFab are open. My player just doesn't detect it anymore. I bought another copy of the disc, same problem.
I also tried both copies on another computer, same problem again.
Now I really don't know what to do, and I'm afraid I don't have any more information to give you in order to solve the problem
It's not your fault, the most recent version of Passkey (9.4.5.2) doesn't work with FindVUK 1.58 anymore (it's the same for DVDFab I guess).
You must revert to the previous release of DVDFab/Passkey for the time being.

Furthermore, I found that setting "MetaXML_UploadBasic" and "MetaXML_UploadEnhanced" in the config file to 0 doesn't prevent FindVUK from uploading data to the OnlineDB. Is it also necessary to change "BackupMode" to 0 if I don't want to upload data at a specific time?
ErichV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2023, 21:05   #624  |  Link
Grimsdyke

Can confirm that they must have changed something again in 9.4.5.2.

By the way. Can the online-db maybe updated with:
| DK | DEVICE_KEY 0x38841673E2B4E05191659899606CFFB8 | DEVICE_NODE 0x0C00 | KEY_UV 0x00000A00 | KEY_U_MASK_SHIFT 0x0B ; MKBv49-MKBv71

Sometimes I forget that and then all hell breaks loose until I remember

Last edited by Grimsdyke; 1st February 2023 at 23:55. Reason: Added question
Grimsdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2023, 23:42   #625  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichV View Post
It's not your fault, the most recent version of Passkey (9.4.5.2) doesn't work with FindVUK 1.58 anymore (it's the same for DVDFab I guess).
You must revert to the previous release of DVDFab/Passkey for the time being.

Furthermore, I found that setting "MetaXML_UploadBasic" and "MetaXML_UploadEnhanced" in the config file to 0 doesn't prevent FindVUK from uploading data to the OnlineDB. Is it also necessary to change "BackupMode" to 0 if I don't want to upload data at a specific time?
I'll release another update soon to establish compatibility with 9452.

And the thing with the parameters not working is strange - need to check ... the check is still in place, so I don't know why it's not working
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2023, 23:21   #626  |  Link
nalor

Published FindVUK 1.59 - tested it with Passkey 9451 and 9452 and it's working with both of them now
Old 4th February 2023, 00:03   #627  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichV View Post
Checked it: if set to 0 no upload is performed, but I guess you noticed the logline "Successful upload to OnlineDB" in this case: it's written at a location where I just check if the previous procedure reported an error ... but as "no upload" is not an error, this line is always written.
It's already changed in the code, will be part of the next release - and I added an extra line that no upload is performed (in case it's disabled).

The backup mode does not influence the upload at all.
Old 4th February 2023, 23:03   #628  |  Link
ErichV

Quote:
Checked it: if set to 0 no upload is performed, but I guess you noticed the logline "Successful upload to OnlineDB" ...
That’s correct. I admit that I didn’t check my network traffic and trusted FindVUK’s logline. I appreciate the change you made for the upcoming version.

Quote:
Published FindVUK 1.59 - tested it with Passkey 9451 and 9452 and it's working with both of them now
I can confirm that FindVUK 1.59 works fine with the recent Passkey version, thank you.
ErichV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2023, 21:49   #629  |  Link
Grimsdyke

They played around with 9.4.5.3 again
Old 15th February 2023, 00:18   #630  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimsdyke View Post
They played around with 9.4.5.3 again
Just tried it myself - this time I'm clueless how to fix

No readable unit keys in memory any longer ... up to 9451 they were included 2x one after the other in memory, with 9452 they changed one of those 2 locations to something different ... and with 9453 both locations are having the identical "different" data ... but no idea how to get the real unit keys again from it.

I also created a lot of dumps rapidly - but could not find anything useful in them. So it's not a timing issue ...

Maybe we have to stick with 9452 as the very last working Passkey release ..
Old 15th February 2023, 21:31   #631  |  Link
Grimsdyke

Bummer ... but hopefully you'll find a fix later.

However, would there be an alternative to get the VUK ? Maybe MakeMKV ?
Old 21st February 2023, 18:24   #632  |  Link
Losko

Quote:
Maybe we have to stick with 9452 as the very last working Passkey release ..
Their site is already providing 9.4.5.4 ...
Do they keep older versions available for download? (I cant find anything)
How can I get version 9.4.5.2 ?
Losko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2023, 18:38   #633  |  Link
Grimsdyke

https://www.videohelp.com/software/D...y/old-versions
Old 11th March 2023, 06:52   #634  |  Link
MCKitch

Thanks Grimsdyke for posting the link to old versions of Passkey. I downloaded 9452 and successfully installed over the current version (9454).

As a first-time poster I'd also very much like to thank nalor for providing FindVUK and ongoing support for it. It's worked very well for me and I'm most grateful.

Now to the purpose of this post. I've run into an issue with the four "Star Trek: Discovery: Season 3" discs. (It also occurs with the season 2 discs and, if memory serves, the season 1 discs as well.) FindVUK appears to do its job correctly, finding the keys, adding them to the KEYDB.cfg file and uploading it to the database. On playing any of the BDs through VLC, the CBS logo sequence plays OK but beyond that no menu is displayed and navigation keys won't function! Disabling menus in VLC allows the main program (episodes) to play so you can at least watch the episodes but other content, accessible (only?) through the BD menu, are not available. I've tried both the physical discs and 'ripped' (using Passkey) ISO files with the same experience.

Now I just happen to have an old Sony BD player which I really only use for 'ripping' SACDs to DSF files. For the hell of it, I tried playing the Discovery discs through this Sony player and, you guessed it, they play - with menus!

My guess is there's some form of encryption applied to the BDs' menus but I don't have a sufficient working knowledge to fully explain it. Most other BDs work fine. Can anyone explain what's going on here?
MCKitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2023, 22:23   #635  |  Link
richy

Without having the discs to look at I'm just taking a pure guess here but it's probably something to do with BD-J / Java.

VLC is very good but it's not perfect and without a version of Java it's happy with installed on your system you may find some discs don't 100% function as you might want them to.

I've not messed with my setup for a while because it "just works" currently but I'm pretty sure more recent versions of Java don't work properly with VLC (or maybe it's vice versa?!) and I ended up installing an earlier version which fixed the discs I was having problems with due to BD-J.
richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2023, 22:33   #636  |  Link
Grimsdyke

I am not an expert on VLC but do you have JAVA - which is necessary for the menus - on your system ?
Please also make sure that in: " Settings => All => Input/Codecs => Access Modules => Blu-Ray " menus are enabled. Because if not this seem to always overrule the " open media " routine.
Old 12th March 2023, 07:57   #637  |  Link
MCKitch

richy, yes VLC appears to have a chequered history when it comes to supporting BD-J. The developers took some time to catch up with a number of recent JRE releases that had broken BD menus in VLC. I'll try another player in order to confirm if it's a VLC issue. ;-)
Old 14th March 2023, 11:31   #638  |  Link
MCKitch

An update to my previous post. I tested with PlayerFab and menus do show and you can navigate as normal. So it does appear to be a VLC issue with the BD-J menus on some BD+ discs (or ISO 'rips' thereof, as in my case).
Old 25th April 2023, 21:57   #639  |  Link
nalor

Published FindVUK 1.63 - in includes one really interesting change:

support for ReadDataKey
  • support to get ReadDataKey (RDK) from Passkey Dump (in case BusEncryption is active)
  • validation of Unitkeys is using RDK (in case of BusEncryption)

As the ReadDataKey is also included in the dump from DVDfab applications, it's now easily possible to also use Blu-ray drives that are BusEncryptionCapable in combination with FindVUK as it's now possible to validate the retrieved keys successfully

This wouldn't have been possible without the post from Candela: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=184373 that revealed the existence of the ReadDataKey to me

So Candela - a really
Old 26th April 2023, 19:00   #640  |  Link
Grimsdyke

Nice !! Thank you very much.