Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 21st December 2014, 21:03   #161  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottom View Post
Hi

first of all:
Thanks, it's really a fabulous software!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Here are some minor things i noticed:

- The subtitle resize filter is selected/displayed as "lanczos3" in the GUI,
but the log-file always says: "Resize filter: Mitchell"
I have to verify, but there are 2 methods to convert the subtitles to 3D. The simplest one uses the filter defined in the Settings menu, and is based on suppe3d, itself using BDSup2Sub for some conversions and the resize. That method cannot generate the subtitles with the correct depth, and is therefore not used any more during the main process. It is still present in the Tools menu, because it is faster and easier than the other method, and still good if you want to convert a subtitle file downloaded from the internet and you don't have a 3D-plane.

The second method is based on ImageMagick, and it uses the 3D-planes to generate 3D subtitles with the correct depth. It's the conversion used during the main process. The resize is made with ImageMagick itself, during the conversion to 3D, and BDSup2Sub is used only to convert the 3D XML/PNG files to SUP or SUB, but not for the resize. The filters are therefore different. The default resize filter for that method is Mitchell. You can change it if you use the GUI from the Tools menu, but currently, it is not possible to modify it when the conversion of the subtitles to 3D is made during the main process. I'll add an option to control that setting too, but IMO Mitchell is excellent for the subtitles (probably better than Lanczos; Read the ImageMagick doc about the resize filters if you are not convinced. Anyway, don't be too picky for the quality of the subtitles. They are just subtitles after all!)

Quote:
- Subtitle creation:
If "Both" (IDX and SUP) and "3D first, then 2D" are selected,
the resulting batch file ("Mux3D") often didn't match the subtitle files/streams that were actually created:
(forced subtitle files were missing completely,
filenames of 2D streams were missing the "2D" string, ...)
Strange. I have verified that part recently, and I didn't find any problem. I'll have a look anyway, but you can perhaps help me. Can you provide a concrete example (with the list of streams that have been selected and their options or a screenshot of tab 2, and the resulting file names of the created subtitle files, as well as the MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file)? Thanks.

Quote:
- There seem to be updates available for some of the tools:
tsMuxeR, mkvmerge, x264
(yes I know: 'newer', doesn't always mean 'better'!)
I just did the update of MkvMerge yesterday. The next version will be up to date.
I will probably never update tsMuxeR 3D any more, because its development has ended, and the latest versions are full of bugs. AFAIK, the version currently distributed with BD3D2MK3D is the best one. You can try to replace that version with a more recent one, but do it at your own risk!
I have to verify for x264...

Quote:
- There are some movies, where Left and Right View seem to be swapped.
The problem is already on the BluRay itself!!!
...but can this be handled / fixed by BD3D2MK3D somehow?
(Using "FRIMDecode" and the commandline option "-swaplr"
I could manually (and laboriously) create a working SBS video stream)
Well, if the blu-ray can't display the views in the correct order, then BD3D2MK3D cannot do it either. It trust the flag in the playlist.
However, if you need to swap the views manually, it's easy: open the _ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file in a text editor, and locate these lines:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)
And just swap the "left" and "right" words:
Code:
right = SelectEven(interleaved)
left  = SelectOdd(interleaved)
That will work regardless of the MVC decoder used.
I can't do much more. Adding an option in the GUI to control the inversion of the views will be more confusing than useful.

Thanks for your bug report.

Last edited by r0lZ; 21st December 2014 at 21:13.
Old 22nd December 2014, 02:29   #162  |  Link
bottom

Hi

thanks for the fast reply!

1) subtitle resize filter:
Actually I don't care which filter is used as long as it's the one that the developer suggests. I just noticed that „Mitchell“ is printed out several times into BD3D2MK3D.log while „lanczos“ never shows up. Still the results look really good!

2) Creation of idx AND sup fails:
Don't know the best way yet how to supply you with my screenshot/log-files, but I think the behaviour can be reproduced quite easily:
On the 2nd tab I additionally always check/select the “forced” streams. The problem I described happens exactly for those streams for which no forced subtitles exist (which seems to be the case quite often).

So in my example at the end of demuxing there's the message:
* No forced captions in "00037.track_4608.Deu_forced.2D.idx". Skipped.

And when trying to mux (using '_MUX_3D.cmd') there's the message:
Warning: '00037.track_4608.Deu.3D.sub': A track with the ID 0 was requested but not found in the file. The corresponding option will be ignored.
Warning: '00037.track_4608.Deu.2D.sub': A track with the ID 0 was requested but not found in the file. The corresponding option will be ignored.

The problems are:

a) There's no file name “00037.track_4608.Deu.3D.sub”
According to the “_MUX_3D_OPTIONS” this should be a “0:German 3D (BD SUP)” track!?
In my understanding the entry should be “00037.track_4608.Deu.3D.sup”. This file exists/was created but is never referenced from anywhere inside the batch file.
(Actually I edited the options-file according by changing “sub” to “sup” and the result looked good)

b) Same is for the missing file “00037.track_4608.Deu.2D.sub”
“_MUX_3D_OPTIONS” states it as “0:German 2D (BD SUP)”
Here the file available is “00037.track_4608.Deu.sup”.
Renaming “Deu.2D.sub” to “Deu.sup” in the options-file seemed to do the trick.

3) updated tools:
Nice to hear, thanks!
I can confirm that x264 r2491 (x64) worked fine for me, but I haven't checked the latest release r2525 yet.

4) swap left/right view:
This is of course no problem/bug of the software!
And the solution you provided is perfect

Thanks!

bottom
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:33   #163  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, thanks for the explanation about the subtitle problem. I think I'll be able to fix the bug easily now.

Of course, as you have probably guessed, the warning * No forced captions in "00037.track_4608.Deu_forced.2D.idx". Skipped. is normal in most cases. The problem is that BD3D2MK3D can't know if there are forced subtitles in a particular stream without demuxing it first. Since demuxing a stream is very time consuming, I prefer to leave the option to extract the forced subs anyway, and issue the warning when that option has been ticked and the stream has been demuxed and analysed and it appears that there are no forced subtitles in the stream. When it's the case, the forced subtitles are simply skipped, and of course not included in the MUX file.

Anyway, that should not produce the bug you have described. Apparently, the bug is caused by a wrong file extension, and that should be easy to fix. I'll do it right now...

Where do you download your versions of x264? There are many builds/mods available, and I must admit that I don't know what build is the better one for BD3D2MK3D. Usually, I get the Komisar version, but I don't know if it is updated regularly and it it is the best one. Plus, I find the site very confusing. Do you have another suggestion?
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:58   #164  |  Link
bottom

x264

Thanks (again)!

i'm no expert!
I just check for updates here:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/x264-Encoder

using the links from there I usually download (the non-10bit) binaries from here:
http://download.videolan.org/x264/binaries/

but videohelp also links to the page you mentioned... and yes, it's kind of confusing!
the "clear" builds on the upper left should be fine
but i have no idea if any of the patches (lower right)
that are built into the "kMod" versions could be useful (or 'dangerous') for BD3D2MK3D ...

bottom
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:30   #165  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, thanks.

I've just fixed the bug of the wrong .sup filename extension. It was caused by a stupid typo, and indeed, it happens only when "both" (VobSub + BD SUP) is selected in tab 2. Thanks again for submitting that important bug.

I will now finalize the new version and I'll release it as soon as possible, probably still today...
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:13   #166  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I've finished the new version. BTW, the latest Komisar build of x264 is dated from yesterday! It cannot be more up to date.
I haven't tested the new version of BD3D2MK3D much, and especially the new x264, but I have fixed all problems reported by bottom above. (Funny, "bottom above" sounds strange)
Thanks again.
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:52   #167  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.56

Quote:
# v0.56 (December 22, 2014)
# - Added tab 4: Cover Art to define the images to mux and use as cover art and thumbnails. (To view them under Windows, install Media Preview or Icaros.)
# - Added Tool -> Add Current Cover Art to MKV File to add the cover art currently defined in tab 4 to any existing MKV file.
# - Added Settings -> Output File Name -> Top & Bottom String to use TAB or TB instead of T&B in the file name.
# - Added Settings -> Output File Name -> 3D Format Extension to add automatically the -lrq, -abq, -lr or -ab extension to the filename so that Bino, PotPlayer, KMPlayer... can recognize the 3D format automatically.
# - Added Tools -> Remove subtitles present in another stream (to remove forced subs in a forced-only stream).
# - Added Settings -> 3D Subtitles Resize Filter -> For Method Using ImageMagick (With 3D-Planes) to define the filter to use during the main process. (Default: Mitchell)
# - Bug fix: Wrong .SUB instead of .SUP extension in _MUX_*D_OPTIONS.txt files when "both" (IDX/SUB and BD SUP) is selected in tab 2 (Thanks bottom!)
# - Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.144.2525)
# - Updated MkvMerge to the latest version (v7.0.4 'Circles')
# - Added MkvPropEdit (v7.0.4 'Circles') in the Tools folder, necessary for the new Add Current Cover Art to MKV File tool.
As you can see, it's not only a bug fix release. I have also added a tab to define the cover art if you wish to include a preview image and/or thumbnail for your MKV file, as well as a tool to add a new cover art to any existing MKV/MK3D or MKA file. Note that the MKV/MKA formats are not recognised automatically by Windows, so if you want to see the cover art or thumbnails in the Windows Explorer, you have to install BabelSoft's Media Preview or Shark007's Icaros. Both are free. I prefer Media Preview, because Icaros requires some additional codecs to work with MKV files, but Icaros seems to be somewhat more powerful.

There is also a tool to remove all subtitles of a 2D or 3D XML/PNG subtitle stream that are present in another XML/PNG stream. That tool is similar to the existing "Extract unforced subtitles from XML/PNG" tool, but it works when the forced subtitles are authored in a specific stream. It is useful if you want to hardcode the 3D forced subtitles on the video AND you want to include the normal subtitles as a stream that can be turned on or off AND there are two subtitle streams in the original BD: one with all subtitles and another one with the forced subtitles only. With the new tool, you can remove the forced subtitles from the complete stream, and include the resulting subtitle stream in the final MKV instead of the original one. Without that tool, the forced subtitles were displayed twice: once because they are hardcoded on the video, and once because they are present in the subtitle stream.

Please note that the forced subtitles are NOT removed automatically during the main process when the forced subtitles are hardcoded on the video. If you want to remove them, you have to use the new tool and convert the resulting XML/PNG stream to 2D or 3D SUP or SUB, and either overwrite the original SUP or SUB file with the new one, or edit the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to change the file name of the subtitle stream.

Another useful change is the possibility to include a new extension to the file name, that is used by some 3D players to recognize automatically the 3D format of the file. For example, PotPlayer, Bino and KMPlayer are unable to recognise the 3D format with the existing MKV Stereoscopy tag or with the x264 frame-packing flag and they ignore completely the .MK3D extension, but they can enable the right 3D mode automatically if you add the special string "-lrq" (for Half-SBS) or "-abq" (for Half-T&B) or -lr and -ab (for Full-SBS or Full-T&B) just before the .mkv file extension, like in "Movie Title-lrq.mkv". The new BD3D2MK3D adds now that extension automatically, but you can remove it if you wish with the new "Settings -> Output Filename -> 3D Format Extension" option.

Currently, I have implemented that option for PotPlayer, KMPlayer and Bino only. If you know other extensions that work for other software or hardware players, please let me know. I'll add them too. For example, I have read that some models of Samsung 3D TVs can use similar extensions, but my TV can't, and I haven't found the doc about that possibility. So, if you have such a TV, please let me know what its doc says about the automatic recognition of the 3D formats. Thanks in advance!

Download latest version: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Enjoy!

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd December 2014 at 16:15.
Old 1st January 2015, 12:10   #168  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
the latest Komisar build of x264 is dated from yesterday! It cannot be more up to date.
I haven't tested the new version of BD3D2MK3D much, and especially the new x264
komisar builds are updated regularly. Usuaully within 24h after a new binary has been compiled (with latest changes) by VLC.

the new revisions usually contain what seem to me like minor improvements/fixes mostly, I can't really understand most of the stuff mentioned in the changelogs. The latest rev has a new/additional aq mode though.

At any rate they should work just as well as the previous version, unless they have some bug that would usually result in a fixed revision soon after.
Old 1st January 2015, 12:21   #169  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the precision. Do you know what is that new aq mode? Should I implement it? Where can I find a description of how it works, its usage and its parameters?
Old 1st January 2015, 16:27   #170  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
....... Do you know what is that new aq mode? Should I implement it? Where can I find a description of how it works, its usage and its parameters?
Little info perhaps here .
I understand that it refers to aq mode 3 i.e. "auto-variance AQ with bias to dark scenes" which has so far been experimental only. I didn't try this mode yet.
Old 3rd January 2015, 10:31   #171  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
I understand that it refers to aq mode 3 i.e. "auto-variance AQ with bias to dark scenes" which has so far been experimental only.
Yes, that's it. I guess it might be recommended for darker movies or at least for people who split a movie encode into lots of smaller segments with each having it's own settings. I didn't try it yet either.

x264 help doesn't give a lot more info:

--aq-mode <integer> AQ method [1]
- 0: Disabled
- 1: Variance AQ (complexity mask)
- 2: Auto-variance AQ
- 3: Auto-variance AQ with bias to dark scenes

Last edited by mini-moose; 3rd January 2015 at 10:38.
Old 3rd January 2015, 10:54   #172  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, thanks. It seems to be a too complex option to be put in the GUI of BD3D2MK3D. Knowledgeable persons can use it anyway if they want so by typing it in the "Additional options" field.
Old 11th January 2015, 22:03   #173  |  Link
well076

Subs

Hi.
I pushed Do it! button and program started demux process. After demuxing then the program convert subtitles I have some errors. (win7x64,last java x32 and avisynth installed) I choose all subtitle types and formats (with bdsup2sup.jar in settings) but always getting these errors. If I ignore this errors program start encoding and then muxing. Muxed mkv (movie Avatar custom blu-ray 3d) look great but I don’t have subtitles. Please help. Thanks.
Screenshots and logs are in archive and download here.
p.s. What x264 encoder options I have choose for the best (like remux) quality of the movie (I played with CRF 15-23 mode,medium,none. With CRF 15 I have big file size, next time try 17-18)?
Old 12th January 2015, 11:47   #174  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hi, and welcome to the Doom9 forums.

It seems that the subtitle streams of your BD contain errors. I can't tell exactly what's wrong, because the error messages are coming from BDSup2Sub.jar, and not from BD3D2MK3D itself, but if I understand correctly, BDSup2Sub hangs because there is (at least) one subtitle that is referenced but missing in the original SUP file. I have never seen that kind of error, but I can have a look if you send me the two original SUP files. You can also contact the author of BDSup2Sub.jar if you wish. He should understand the error messages better than me. Anyway, something is wrong with your BD. Are you sure it has been correctly ripped to ISO and that it doesn't contain read-errors? (BTW, have you already converted successfully other BDs with subtitles? If you have the same problem with all BDs, that could mean that BdSup2Sub or Java are badly installed.)

I have also seen in your screenshot that you wonder what is the usage of the "Hardcode Subtitle on Video" option in the last tab. If you select a subtitle stream in that field, it will be "hardcoded on the video". That means that the subtitle stream will not be muxed with the video and audio streams, but "burnt" physically "in" the video image when the 3D-T&B video stream will be encoded by x264. That has advantages and drawbacks. The advantage is that you can be sure that the 3D subtitles will be displayed exactly where they should, at the correct position and with the correct depth relatively to the surface of the screen. Most players (especially hardware players) do not support the 3D subtitles streams at all, or they move or resize them, and the depth effect is either lost or wrong. For these players, the only way to have correct 3D subtitles is to hardcode them. The drawback of the hardcode method is that you cannot turn the subtitles on or off. They are definitively in the video stream, and cannot be modified. Therefore, I suggest to use that function for movies you want to watch anyway in their original languages with Russian 3D subtitles. For the other movies, it might also be a good idea to hardcode the forced subtitles only, so that you can watch the movie with the Russian audio and see the translation of the words spoken or written in other languages with the correct 3D effect. (You can do that, for example, with the forced subtitles of Avatar, containing the translations of the sentences spoken in the Navi language.)

I have no definitive answer for your question about the CRF value. There is no "best quality", except perhaps CRF 0, because with CRF 0, your encode will be lossless, but of course, the file size will be extremely big. CRF 15 is indeed a very low value. Some peoples encode with low values such as CRF 17, but IMO that produces still too big files. The default (CRF 23) is IMO a good compromise between quality and file size. Usually, that produces files between 3 and 10 GB, depending of the duration and complexity of the movie. I prefer to use a lower value (around 20) for movie where the quality of the image is very important, but CRF 23 is OK for most movies. I have read somewhere that the file size is multiplied by approx 2 when you lower the CRF value by 3. I have never tried to verify if it's correct, but if it's true, that means that the video stream computed at CRF 20 should be approx twice as big as the stream computed with the default value 23. It's why I think that using values under 20 is somewhat exaggerated. Similarly, using CRF values greater than 26 can degrade the video quality too much. IMO, values between 19 and 26 should be used most of the time, but of course, it's my opinion only.

Note also that you can reduce the file size without changing the CRF value if you select a slower preset. Presets veryslow and placebo are too slow for me, but I like the preset Slower. Note however that using a pseset slower than the default "medium" changes the level automatically. Since most hardware players do not support levels 5.0 or higher, you may need to force level 4.1 (or 4.2) if you use a slow preset.

You can also compress better the "classic cartoon" movies, with large areas of flat colors (not CGI animation!) if you select the Animation tune. But selecting the Film tune has the opposite effect. It makes the image sharper, but that increases the file size.

Personally, I use almost always preset slower, tune none and level 4.1. The CRF depends of the movie, but it is usually between 20 and 23.
Old 12th January 2015, 19:35   #175  |  Link
Nico8583

@well076 : Personally I allways use CRF 18, preset Slower, level 4.1 and tune film, even for animation. File size is important but I prefer to keep better quality than size, so I think CRF 18 is the good compromise if you want to keep your movie as collection
Old 13th January 2015, 00:35   #176  |  Link
well076

Quote:
Hi, and welcome to the Doom9 forums.
It seems that the subtitle...
Big thanks for your detailed response and bd3d2mk3d tool. I dont converted other BDs but I will try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
@well076 : Personally I allways use CRF 18, preset Slower, level 4.1 and tune film, even for animation. File size is important but I prefer to keep better quality than size, so I think CRF 18 is the good compromise if you want to keep your movie as collection
Thanks. Next time i`ll try with your preset.
Old 18th January 2015, 18:21   #177  |  Link
frank
Banned

Quote:
BD3D2MK3D v0.56
# - Added Settings -> Output File Name -> Top & Bottom String to use TAB or TB instead of T&B in the file name.
# - Added Settings -> Output File Name -> 3D Format Extension to add automatically the -lrq, -abq, -lr or -ab
Very useful!!!

But I think 3D-abq or 3D-lrq is sufficient in the file name. No need for SBS and TAB when these extensions are used.

Can you remove the time stamps from chapter names? It is ugly and very annoying because most players show the time stamps in addition. I suggest 2 digits as chapter names like 01, 02, 03,... Then we can easily edit and expand the chapter names, if necessary.

And... the extension .ogm is the extension of .ogg media files not of simple chapter text files. OGM is a container format that can store video, audio and subtitle streams. Not common for editors, better would be .txt. The freeware tool Chaptergrabber only recognizes .txt. This is a very important tool for chapter grabbing and converting (ANSI <-> UTF8, 25 <->23.976, timeshift etc).
mkvToolnix uses .txt properly for simple chapter text files.

Now I only use PotPlayer because it has the lowest cpu load and can show scene pictures at chapter marks.

Last edited by frank; 18th January 2015 at 23:11. Reason: orthography
Old 18th January 2015, 18:39   #178  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I agree that -abq and T&B are redundant, but IMO T&B (or TB) is more understandable than -abq. BTW, IMO, 1080p is somewhat useless too, since normally all 3D movies are encoded in 1080p. IMO, the resolution should be added only when it is NOT 1080p.

Anyway, I plan to implement a new method to build automatically the file name with anything that can be useful, based on a template provided by the user. Something like "%title (%director, %date) 3D-%stereoscopy 1080p (%author)%binoext.mkv" by default to generate a file name similar to the current one. It will be easy to change the output format if you wish. I'll try to do it soon...

I may add an option to use "NN - time" or only "NN" for the chapter names. My hardware players do not add the times and I like to have it automatically added in the chapter names.

I have already noticed the discrepancy of the .ogm extension. I have used it originally because MkvExtractGUI2 uses that extension when it exports a chapter file, but I know now that it's not the correct extension. I will replace it with .txt. Thanks for the remainder!

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th January 2015 at 18:43.
Old 1st February 2015, 09:49   #179  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.57

OK, finally, here is the new version. I have totally rewritten from scratch the part that opens the 3DBD and parses the MPLS files to display the available streams. Previously, that part was made with tsMuxeR, but it was necessary to launch it for all playlists (2D and 3D) of the BD. That was very slow, and there are a lot of bugs in the streams reported by tsMuxeR, so eac3to was used to verify the tsMuxeR output, and I had to write several workarounds for several bugs (like, for example, the bug of the wrong 3D-planes assignments to the subtitle streams). Now, I use my own MPLS parser. It is much much more rapid, and hopefully it has less bugs. The user should not notice major differences, except that the BD is now opened almost instantly. Also, previously, tsMuxeR displayed all streams present in the M2TS (or SSIF) file(s), regardless of the streams referenced in the MPLS file. (That was at the origin of the 3D-planes bug, and after having implemented the workaround, the additional streams were labelled "phantom track" in the BD3D2MK3D GUI.) Now, BD3D2MK3D displays only the streams really referenced in the playlists (without any phantom track). As a consequence, with some BDs, the same movie (with the same angle) can appear several times, with different streams. This is the most notable difference with the previous versions.

Please note that the change described above has many consequences on the internal code, because I have used a more suitable way to store the information internally than the somewhat complex tsMuxeR output. That means that I have had to modify the code in many parts of the program, to adapt it to the new structure. It is therefore possible that new bugs have been introduced, although I've spent much time in verifying everything. Of course, if you find a bug, please report it in this thread. Anyway, use this version with care.

There are also a lot of other changes, most of them minor. They include changes to the way the final file name is built (suggested by Frank above), some new options in several tools and in the settings, and minor bug fixes.

Quote:
# v0.57 (February 1, 2015)
# - Huge change: BD3D2MK3D uses now its own MPLS parser instead of TsMuxeR 3D. Way faster and less bugs!
# - Opening a BD3D is now very fast.
# - Changes in the global label and the streams labels within the MKV container.
# - A lot of minor changes.
# - Better errors handling in case of damaged input files or ISO.
# - Tool -> Convert Audio File to AC3: Added an option to speed up or slow down the audio to adapt it to another frame rate.
# - Changed the extension of the subtitle files from .ogm to .txt.
# - Added Settings -> Chapter Names -> Include chapter times (enabled by default)
# - Added Settings -> Output file name -> Do not add "1080p" (disabled by default)
# - Added Settings -> Output file name -> Do not add "SBS" or "T&B" (disabled by default)
# - "3D" is now added in the output file name only if it is not present in the movie title or when Do not add "SBS" or "T&B" is not ticked
# - When a XML subtitle file is created, the file is now patched with the correct frame rate (instead of the BDSup2Sub default 25 fps)
# - Bug fix: The Add Current Cover Art to MKV File tool was unable to delete an existing cover art attachment before adding the new one
# - Updated MkvMerge and MkvPropEdit to the latest version (v7.5.0 'Glass Culture')
# - Updated Avs2yuv to the latest version (v 0.24bm3)
As usual, download the latest version here: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Old 11th February 2015, 11:02   #180  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.58

It's mainly a release to fix two bugs introduced in the previous version. Please download it, as these bugs are relatively important (although they have some bad effects only on some rare BDs).
Quote:
# v0.58 (February 11, 2015)
# - Convert Subtitles tools: Better detection of the language from the filename when converting a BD SUP stream.
# - Workaround for a bug in some subtitle files that contain only full-width subpics, normally impossible to convert to 3D.
# - Bug introduced in v0.57: The conversion of the subtitle streams was aborted without notice if the 3D-planes were missing.
# - Bug introduced in v0.57: Some chapter times were wrong with some (rare) BDs, notably Dragon Gate 3D.
# - Added the possibility to use Pistacho's MVCSource (only available if BDtoAVCHD is installed). It works fine with Pacific Rim and Dragon Gate.
# - Updated mkvmerge, mmg and mkvpropedit to the latest version (v7.6.0 'Garden of Dreams')
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z
Closed Thread