Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 10th June 2015, 11:40   #381  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Hollander View Post
I have a collection of over 40 3D bluray movies (left eye first).
some of these original 3D blu-ray's have right eye first.

Blu-ray's Sammy, Drive Angry , dolphin tale, en Prometheus.

When I play these movies the 3D effect seems to be reversed. The best way that I can explain it is that the part of the movie that should be in the foreground is in the background and the background appears to be in the foreground. This effect makes the movie un-watchable.

Pushing the menu you have an option reverse the right eye with the left eye, and then it's oke.
It's exactly the symptom of the left and right views inverted.

In a BD (or ISO), there is a flag in the MPLS file that tells if the two views are in the standard order: main view (AVC) = left view and dependent view (MVC) = right view, or in the opposite order. The BD player must read that flag and send the views to the TV in the correct order. BD3D2MK3D uses that flag to invert the views when it's necessary, and produces always the SBS or T&B file with the "left view first" (to the left in SBS, and on top in T&B), because it's now obviously the well established standard. You can examine the order of the two views in tab 1 of BD3D2MK3D.
Quote:
Is this a bug from the mede8er it's don't correct its zelf and play it wrong?
Can't handel the mede8er these blu-ray's with right eye first?
I have the 600x3D with 4.1 beta fimware.

here is an option that it can be adjusted so that it will provide the good display?
I heard with encoding the output gives Left eye first instead of right eye.
is there any way without re - encoding to get it well?
Sorry, but this thread is not dedicated to the mede8er players or to any other hardware player. It seems that your player has a (big) bug and ignores the "right view first" flag, but I can't confirm. Please post your questions or report the bug in the mede8er forum, not here. Thanks.

And, no, there is (probably) no way to solve the problem without re-encoding the movie or fixing the firmware of your player. I suggest to re-encode the movie with BD3D2MK3D, and you'll get the views in the correct order. If THAT doesn't work as expected, then post a message here. But I will not reply any more to questions not related directly to BD3D2MK3D.

Last edited by r0lZ; 10th June 2015 at 11:51.
Old 10th June 2015, 11:45   #382  |  Link
De_Hollander

i have the same

* No forced captions in "00....._forced.3D.sup"! Stream skipped.

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.ph...btopicseen#new
i have already done this question.

Last edited by De_Hollander; 10th June 2015 at 11:50.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:10   #383  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

As I have already explained elsewhere, there is no fast and accurate way to find if a subtitle stream contains forced captions or not. As a consequence, BD3D2MK3D offers to extract them in tab 2 without knowing if it's useful. After the demux operation, BDSub2Sub tries to extract the forced captions from the main subtitle stream. If it reports that there is no forced captions, then the warning is issued, and the forced stream is simply not included in the MKV (or hardcoded on the video). It's perfectly normal. If there are no forced captions, BD3D2MK3D can't invent them. Therefore, you can simply ignore the warning.

Let's hope that the programmers of the mede8er firmware will see your message and fix the bug. On my side, I can't do much more.

BTW, I have assumed that you play the BD or a non-modified ISO of the BD with your mede8er player. In that case, it is possible to know the right order of the views and the option to invert manually the order of the views is not necessary (unless the "left view first" flag is wrong in the BD itself, due to an authoring error). And therefore the first reply of jer1956 doesn't make sense. But of course, if you have used a program (such as an AVCHD converter) to modify or re-encode your BD and THAT program has not set the "left view first" flag correctly, that means that the bug is not in the mede8er firmware but in the program. (It's what jer1956 explains in his second reply.) If you want to report a bug, you must be sure that your source BD is correct. Verify it with BD3D2MK3D. If the AVC stream is the left eye view, AND the views are inverted on your TV, then it's not a problem related to the player. It's the BD or ISO that is the culprit.

Note that if the flag is wrong in the BD or ISO, BD3D2MK3D will produce a SBS or T&B file with the views inverted as well, because it trust the flag. As explained earlier in this thread, if you want to encode such a badly authored BD or ISO, you will have to modify the order of the views manually in the AVS script.

Also, SBS or T&B files not generated by BD3D2MK3D may have the views inverted. It's the case of many bad 3D conversions available on YouTube or similar sites. Again, I'm not responsible of the bugs of other programs.

Last edited by r0lZ; 10th June 2015 at 12:52.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:11   #384  |  Link
De_Hollander

My source original BD is correct, when i looked in dvdfab it's says right eye first.

here more
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.ph...btopicseen#new

i have call mede8er helpdesc he told me he has contact the software engineers. This is for now a mediaplayer problem, mede8er can play only Left eye first for playing the correct picture.
But there's is an option, in het menu, to reverse it manualy from right eye first to Left eye first. He say's: maybe it can corrected in the furture with firmware to detect en play right eye first proper.

Last edited by De_Hollander; 10th June 2015 at 12:23.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:22   #385  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK. Just to be sure, what do you play with the mede8er ? ISOs of the original BDs ? Or only SBS or T&B MKVs ?
Old 10th June 2015, 12:39   #386  |  Link
De_Hollander

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
OK. Just to be sure, what do you play with the mede8er ? ISOs of the original BDs ? Or only SBS or T&B MKVs ?
Most of time BD remuxed iso's from original BD.
Also playing sometimes the original BD, streaming from PC blu-raydrive to mede8er.
but that doesn't always work.
sometimes mkv Half-sbs and Half-OU

Last edited by De_Hollander; 10th June 2015 at 12:44.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:50   #387  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Most of time BD remuxed iso's from original BD.
What do you use to remux the original BD to ISO? The program you use may be the culprit.

Do you have similar problems when you stream from PC or when you play a SBS or T&B ? In the latter case, is it a MKV file produced by BD3D2MK3D ?
Old 10th June 2015, 18:14   #388  |  Link
De_Hollander

I use anydvd, bdinfo, sometimes dvdfab.
The latest tsMuxeR_2.6.12 for muxing to iso
I dont have problems stream iso's 3d /some tiems mkv with network to mede8er.
Streaming from pc blu-ray drive with network to mede8er is is actually not supported
it play sometimes

the right eye problem I have with iso and original.
I haven't tried it yet with the mkv half-SBS /half - OU

Last edited by De_Hollander; 10th June 2015 at 18:21.
Old 11th June 2015, 10:42   #389  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, then I suppose that the problem may be caused by tsMuxeR. Can you verify if the left/right order is still correct when you remux a BD with the right view first with tsMuxeR ?
Old 11th June 2015, 13:10   #390  |  Link
De_Hollander

i don't anderstand you.

I have also 1:1 sammy first adventure (no remux), and the same problem.
i have try a mkv sbs, and have the same problem, maybe it is my TV the problem?
Meybe it's give not the right signal right first to the shutterglassis

Last edited by De_Hollander; 11th June 2015 at 13:14.
Old 11th June 2015, 13:55   #391  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I have Samy too, and I can confirm that it has the right view as the base view. It has the "right view first" flag set correctly, and BD3D2MK3D has no trouble converting it to SBS with the views in the usual order (left/right). (Same thing with Samy 2 BTW.) Therefore, if the views are inverted when you play that ISO directly with your mede8er and if you are sure that your ISO is an exact copy of the original (less the protections), then it's an evidence that your player is the culprit. (Note that if you play it via streaming, it is not sure that the mede8er has the bug, because the program you use to stream the file may be also the culprit. Therefore, to be sure that it's the mede8er that doesn't take the right view first flag into account, you must play the ISO locally, directly with the mede8er.)

But verify anyway. Open the ISO in BD3D2MK3D, select the main movie (it should be selected automatically) and look at the two lines about the video streams in tab 1. You should see something like this:
Code:
Video   :  Und  AVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, right-eye
Video   :  Und  MVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, left-eye (32 3D-Planes)
If "right-eye" is associated with the AVC stream, like in the example above, that means that the "right view first" flag is correctly set in your ISO, and your mede8er has a bug. Otherwise, the flag has been modified by the program you have used to copy the BD to ISO, and you should consider to use another program.
Old 11th June 2015, 15:59   #392  |  Link
De_Hollander

i have try an mkv sbs from sammy on my smart tv usb input.
i have the same problem.

I think it's a TV problem.

It's the UE55D8000 led 3d from 2011

I have mound the iso and opend it with BD3D2MK3D
this is what i see

Video : Und AVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, right-eye
Video : Und MVC, 1080p, 23.976 fps, left-eye (32 3D-Planes)

Last edited by De_Hollander; 11th June 2015 at 16:06.
Old 11th June 2015, 19:40   #393  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The order of the views is stored only in the MKV container, but unfortunately, all Samsung TVs ignore it. I have also a Samsung TV, and I know that it ignores the 3D mode stored in the MKV container, but that it takes the 3D mode stored in the video elementary stream into account. Unfortunately, that setting can specify if the movie is encoded in SBS or T&B, but not if the left or right view comes first. By default, my TV shows the left view first, as almost all TVs.

It's why all movies converted to SBS or T&B by BD3D2MK3D have the left view first anyway, regardless of the order of the views in the original BD (only, of course, if the flag is correct in the original BD or ISO). That means that the SBS you have tried on your TV has NOT been encoded with BD3D2MK3D, or that you forgot to reset the views order setting of the TV to its default value: left view first.

The "right view first" flag is correct in the ISO, and if you encode it with BD3D2MK3D, the TV will show the 3D correctly.

Conclusion: Encode your 3D movies with BD3D2MK3D and you should have no problem.
Old 17th June 2015, 18:12   #394  |  Link
De_Hollander

Quote:
OK, I have found a way to generate a better palette to use for conversion of the BD SUP files to VobSub format. That was not easy, but I got it. The problem is that BDSup2Sub uses a very limited set of colours, and requires the colours in a specific order.

The process of analysing all subtitles from the original subtitle file is very long. Therefore, I have added a sub-menu in the Settings menu to select the method to use to generate the palette. There are 3 options:
  • "Use BDSup2Sub Default DVD Palette" doesn't generate a new palette at all. It uses the default palette, like all previous versions of BD3D2MK3D. For best results, you should verify the IDX/SUB file, and if necessary modify the palette manually (with BDSup2Sub's "Edit Default DVD Palette" option).
  • "Analyse a single subtitle" is the recommended method, because it is fast. But it will modify only the two colours used by the single subtitle it has analysed. If there are other subtitles in the same stream that use different colours, they will not be modified, and will therefore still be wrong. However, usually, a subtitle stream uses the same colour for all subtitles, except sometimes some subtitles for the hearing impaired.
  • "Analyse all subtitles" should be used only if you know that the subtitle stream has subtitles in several different colours, or if you don't care wasting several minutes (per stream to analyse).
Note that if a subtitle stream uses, for example, several different yellows, BDSup2Sub will assign the only yellow it has in its palette to the two kind of subtitles, because it has only one yellow available. BD3D2MK3D can't fix that problem, even when using the "analyse all subtitles" option, and therefore it will modify the light and dark yellow slots of the palette with colours suitable for the first yellow it finds in the stream. The subsequent yellow subtitles in the stream may still have wrong colours.

Anyway, I think that with the default option to check a single subtitle only, BD3D2MK3D should already produce much better VobSub streams than before. And of course, if you want perfect subtitles, you should use the BD SUP format instead of VobSub (but take care and verify if your players are compatible with the BD SUP format).

Most of the other modifications in this version are also related to the Palette. For example, I have added a Tool to generate a palette from any subtitle file in BD SUP or XML/PNG format. See the version history for details:

As usual, download the latest version here: BD3D2MK3D.7z
i have re-encoded Ice Age A Mammoth Christmas to Half OU
the problem de vobsub have again the wrong colors.
I thought you had fixed it

where is that number for? (at the green arrow)

i have set it befor on 19 and get a very small file

I want the best quality and not too small file.
1,89 GB (2.031.261.054 bytes)
What number gives the best result ?

powerdvd will not playing it, it crashed

Last edited by De_Hollander; 17th June 2015 at 18:38.
Old 18th June 2015, 10:00   #395  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

How can I see if the colours are really wrong if you post the image of BDSup2Sub with "SUP (BD)" selected for the output format, and therefore showing two totally identical images of the subtitle?
Anyway, are you sure that you have loaded the palette before exporting the subtitles?
And have you understood that by default the palette is generated after having analysed a single subtitle ONLY? If you have subtitles in several different colours in the same stream, you have to enable Settings -> VobSub Palette -> Analyse All Subtitles (Very Slow).
Finally, remember that if you convert to VobSub format, it is NOT possible to obtain perfect colours. There will always be a difference, due to the limitations of the VobSub format.

I have already replied to the question about the CRF value. 23 is the default value and is imo a very good default, because it compresses very well for a very good visual quality. You can lower if if you wish, to obtain a better quality but a biggest file. To obtain the best quality and if the file size is not a criteria for you, try CRF 0 (lossless). And buy a new hard disc for all movies you will convert, because you'll get a huge file! In fact, your question doesn't make sense, because I can't know what you consider as the best balance between quality and file size.

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th June 2015 at 10:03.
Old 18th June 2015, 10:22   #396  |  Link
De_Hollander

i had drop de vobsub in BDSup2Sub_v5.1.2 it is not a sup.
i had automaticly default the palette generated after having analysed a single subtitle

all the subs have the same collor

i opend the palet info

#COL - for BDSup2Sub (java version ONLY!) created by BD3D2MK3D v0.66
# Wed Jun 17 17:04:23 CEST 2015
# Generated from single subtitle image "temp_2D_0130.png".
# Note: Colour #0 (black) is not present in the INI file of the java version and cannot be modified.
Color_14=17,187,187
Color_13=51,250,250
Color_12=187,17,187
Color_11=250,51,250
Color_10=187,187,17
Color_9=250,250,51
Color_8=17,187,17
Color_7=51,250,51
Color_6=187,17,17
Color_5=250,51,51
Color_4=17,17,187
Color_3=51,51,250
Color_2=104,104,104
Color_1=204,204,204
Color_0=201,201,201

Last edited by De_Hollander; 18th June 2015 at 10:29.
Old 18th June 2015, 10:34   #397  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, and what was the colours of the ORIGINAL subtitle? Why can I see if something is wrong if you show me only the final result, but not the original subtitle? Post here the temp_2D_0130.png image and I'll be able to see if something went wrong.
Old 18th June 2015, 12:31   #398  |  Link
De_Hollander

Quote:
OK, and what was the colours of the ORIGINAL subtitle? Why can I see if something is wrong if you show me only the final result, but not the original subtitle? Post here the temp_2D_0130.png image and I'll be able to see if something went wrong.
Old 18th June 2015, 13:12   #399  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have recreated a simple XML file with your PNG, then converted it to a SUP file with only one image.
Then, I have generated this palette file with BD3D2MK3D:
Code:
#COL - for BDSup2Sub (java version ONLY!) created by BD3D2MK3D v0.67
# Thu Jun 18 13:44:45 CEST 2015
# Generated from single subtitle image "test_0001.png".
# Note: Colour #0 (black) is not present in the INI file of the java version and cannot be modified.
Color_14=17,187,187
Color_13=51,250,250
Color_12=187,17,187
Color_11=250,51,250
Color_10=187,187,17
Color_9=250,250,51
Color_8=17,187,17
Color_7=51,250,51
Color_6=187,17,17
Color_5=250,51,51
Color_4=17,17,187
Color_3=51,51,250
Color_2=104,104,104
Color_1=204,204,204
Color_0=201,201,201
Note that it is exactly identical to the palette you have saved above.

Finally, I have loaded the SUP file in BDSup2Sub as well as the generated palette, and configured it to export to VobSub format.

Here is the result. As you can see, it is perfect:

Note also that you don't even need a custom palette to export that subtitles. The default DVD palette works perfectly too.

I have asked you to give me the "temp_2D_0130.png" file, because it's the file that has been used to compute the palette you have posted in post #396. If it's really the palette generated by BD3D2MK3D for the example posted in post #394, and if it is true that all subtitles have the same colours, then BD3D2MK3D has made its job perfectly well. But according to the screenshot in post #394, the subtitle displayed there IS NOT COMING FROM THE SAME SUBTITLE STREAM than the subtitle posted in your last post. Of course, if you use a palette generated for a specific subtitle stream with another, totally different stream, YOU CANNOT HAVE CORRECT RESULTS. But it's YOUR FAULT!

So, please do not post wrong bug reports any more, and learn how to use the program and how to organise your job so that you will not make stupid errors any more. I can't spend my time to try to understand what's wrong in my program if YOU are the culprit.

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th June 2015 at 13:30.
Old 18th June 2015, 14:46   #400  |  Link
De_Hollander

i dont anderstand, you have see the result from me.
the 2D is good when it convert to 3d it's go's wrong.
What you let see is not a 3d convert but 3d
you have see the result from me, that the 3d is go's wrong.

you asking for an difrent subtitel temp_2D_0130.png then that i post before.
now i post subtitel temp_2D_0001.png
the one that i let you seen before in BDSup2Sub_v5.1.2

I thought I'd reencode the film in the new version BD3D2MK3D

without use BDSup2Sub_v 5.1.2 manualy to edit the sup or vobsup
because it's no longer necessary anymore with the new version BD3D2MK3D

I dont anderstand why you asking for temp_2D_0130.png another subtitel line
then what i post the first time.
the first post is line 1.

Last edited by De_Hollander; 18th June 2015 at 15:13.
Closed Thread