Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 7th July 2014, 01:57   #1  |  Link
killerteengohan

naa() causing slight Halo's

I been using the antialiaser naa() and when I remove it and take a screenshot, then put it back in and take a screenshot, I notice it adding a bit of whiteness around the outlines.

If theres already a bit of whiteness or halos, it seems to make them a very tiny bit thicker.

Is there anyway to edit the .avs file and help stop it from adding in the halos or white around outlines? I wouldn't know which setting to alter in it.

If you quickly flip back and forth through the images, its easier to see in the womans dress on the left, where the diamond shaped buttons up part of her shirt is. They appear inside of the diamonds. This is even easier to notice if you zoom them in then flip back and forth.

With naa()

http://i.imgur.com/3Cjbh33.png

Without naa()

http://i.imgur.com/mnuynS8.png
killerteengohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 02:09   #2  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

EDI anti-aliasing and enlarging is pretty notorious for enhancing edge enhancement artifacts (haloing). There are a few scripts that might help reduce them, dehalo_alpha being one I've successfully used many times and YAHR an interesting new one. Most effective used before, they can be used after as well.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antialias, antialiasing, avisynth, naa, naa()