Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 29th October 2008, 11:23   #301  |  Link
zeroprobe

There are lots of talented people in here. Kudos to everyone involved. I feel stupid reading some of your posts lol.
zeroprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 17:43   #302  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Like Schluppo pointed out the event replay we currently use to get the decrypted conversion table won't work if the main movie is distributed over multiple m2ts files. So we should try now to identify the remaining unknown events by taking a closer look at the "answers" from the content code. I have made a small list of what we currently have identified.

For those who don't know what events are: They are major changes of which the content code has to be informed. For example the user pressed the 'play' button or the 'stop' button.

Furthermore i made a description of the conversion table syntax (including the non formal inital description from Schluppo).

We also still need a "real" name for TRAP_#0020 (currently called TRAP_Schluppo ). This trap seems to send the conversion table to the player (UINT32 length, UINT32 offset). The correct name has to fit alphabetically between TRAP_Finished and TRAP_MediaReadFile:
Code:
0010 TRAP_Finished
0020 TRAP_... ?
0540 TRAP_MediaReadFile
I would suggest a slightly modified version of the name Schluppo proposed:
Code:
TRAP_GetConversionTable( UINT32 length, UINT32 offset );
Let me know if you agree.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 29th October 2008 at 17:49.
Old 29th October 2008, 23:11   #303  |  Link
schluppo

Some news on the events:

First: When event 0x220(0,2,n) happens (in "DAT"), the VM is just doing the trap testing but does not try to attach slot 0 and then read from it. Also the returned segment key is 16 bytes of 0x00 in this case. The same holds for event 0x220(0,0,n).

Also, the first four bytes after the event-id seem to be 0x00000000 for every event, so I think, these bytes are actually not a parameter to any event.

The following is a list of observations on events (the list also includes a lot of interpretation):
Code:
event 0x220 = EVENT_GetSegmentKey(UINT32 FileID, UINT32 SegmentNumber)

This event first tests parts of the trap-system of the VM (the ids/parameters of the testing trap-calls depend on
FileID and SegmentNumber in no recognizable way). After the tests were successfully passed, and if FileID and
SegmentNumber specify a valid, encrypted segment of the conversion table, the event will attach slot 0 and read from it.
Using the data which was read from slot 0, the SegmentKey for the specified segment is computed (without the use of
further traps) and stored at VM-memory 0x10. In the case, that FileID and SegmentNumber select an invalid file (i.e.
the FileID does not occur in the conversion table or it occurs in the conversion table but has no non-empty segment)
or an invalid segment (i.e. the SegmentNumber is larger than the number of segments for the according FileID), the event
writes 16 times the byte 0x00 to VM-memory at address 0x10.

----

event 0x010 = EVENT_Shutdown(void)

This event is probably signaled by the player whenever the eject-button is pressed and the player is getting ready to finish
playback of the movie. 

This event terminates the execution of the VM, most probably including the destruction of the conversion table.

----

event 0x110 = EVENT_BuildConversionTable(UINT32 TableID?)

This event is probably signaled by the player whenever the play-button is pressed and the player is getting ready to start
playback of the movie. 

If TableID = 0xFFFF or 0, the conversion table is reset (to length 0 at VM-memory 0x1000). My guess is, that enough memory to
hold the conversion table is reserved and filled with 0xFF in this case (effectively overwritting the table, in the
case that it previously resided in VM-memory).

If TableID has a different value (including the cases that TableID = 1, 2 etc.), the VM extensively tests itself (by
test-calling most of the traps, each several hundred times). After the testing, the complete (but still encrypted) conversion
table is read from one of the .svm-files (usually 00001.svm) and rebuilt (without the use of further traps). The rebuilt 
conversion table still has encrypted repair descriptors.

After the VM is done with handling this event, the new location and length of the conversion table is signaled to the player
by using TRAP_GetConversionTable.

----

event 0x210 = EVENT_CheckDrive(UINT32 OpID?)

I don't have much information about this event. When OpID = 1, the VM will execute TRAP_DeviceDiscovery(2,1) and then
TRAP_DeviceDiscovery(0,1). If OpID != 1 (especially the cases that OpID = 0 or 2), the VM will directly stop
execution with TRAP_Finished.
Furthermore, the order of events is important. It is for instance not possible to get segment keys before the conversion table has been built. On the other hand, I noticed, that it is not necessary to execute EVENT_BuildConversionTable(1) twice before executing EVENT_GetSegmentKey(1,n).

So here is the reasonable order of events:

Code:
- Let the VM initialize itself until it reaches TRAP_Finished for the first time.
- EVENT_BuildConversionTable(0xFFFF);
- EVENT_CheckDrive(1);
- EVENT_BuildConversionTable(1);
- EVENT_GetSegmentKey(1,1);
- EVENT_GetSegmentKey(1,n_1);
- EVENT_GetSegmentKey(2,1);
- EVENT_GetSegmentKey(2,n_2);
- EVENT_GetSegmentKey(m,1);
- EVENT_GetSegmentKey(m,n_m);
(- EVENT_Shutdown() )

<m> is the number of encrypted files, <n_i> is the number of segments in the file with id <i>.
In general, if the event parameters are ridiculously strange (such as starting event 0x220 with just one parameter given and the other parameter left undefined), the VM will just immediately terminate execution and not allow successful invocation of any more events. If the parameters are just a little off, the VM may show slightly different behaviour but still accept further events.
Old 30th October 2008, 00:26   #304  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Thanks for the analysis. It contains some interesting details. Regard the names you have (quickly) proposed i suggest names which describe the event and not how the content code of this particular movie reacts to it. For example the content code would likely execute a "GetSegmentKey" function in the event of a segment switch (event #0220 ?) in the movie or execute a "BuildConversionTable" function in the event of starting playback of a m2ts file (event #0110 ?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Protection for Optical Media
The interface defines 9 callbacks (Events), which devices may invoke to notify content code of outside events, or to request specific actions.
Keep in mind that the first file which is played back (00005.m2ts) is a short animation of the FOX logo which is not BD+ obfuscated. After that the playback of the movie starts (00001.m2ts).

Edit: It would be ok if you replace "EVENT" with "CALLBACK" if you think it's a specific callback function called by the player and not a general outside event for which different versions of content code can behave differently. For example event #0220 = CALLBACK_GetSegmentKey is ok.

Edit: I also wonder if the event identifiers are grouped like the trap identifiers. Maybe we have a group 0 (0x0000 and 0x0010), group 1 (0x0110) and a group 2 (0x0210 and 0x0220). So you could check if the events/callbacks within one group have something in common.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 30th October 2008 at 00:51.
Old 30th October 2008, 08:21   #305  |  Link
schluppo

Feel free to heavilly change the proposed names of the EVENTS / CALLBACKS I just used them to describe what the current content code seems to be doing upon invocation of the respective EVENT / CALLBACK.

Apart from that, I did some testing and noticed, that for "DAT", the content code is generating the correct conversion table AND correct segment keys, even if there is no VolumeID used (the VolumeID is set to 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 in this case). Of course I could not test the complete conversion table since I do not have the "00001.m2ts" and hence could not try to repair it using the conversion table which was created WITHOUT VolumeID. Still I came to the conclusion (or 'hope'), that it is possible to remove BD+ from at least the first bunch of released titles without using any VolumeID! Things may have changed starting with "Jumper" or later titles. Can you verify my observation?

Also, I tried to run the debugger on "I Robot", but did not get far, since I do not have the file "00012.m2ts" and the according SHA-Checksum is hence wrong. So the VM just called TRAP_Finished and stopped execution after ~1500 traps (not accepting any events). However, my guess is, that construction of the conversion table and obtainment of the segment keys should work fine, once this SHA-Checksum is correct. Could you try to repair "I Robot", Oopho?

Last edited by schluppo; 30th October 2008 at 22:33.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:29   #306  |  Link
Oopho2ei

This is the latest binary snapshot of the debugger: BDVM Debugger (testing) *updated*

These steps are supposed to guide you getting the decrypted conversion table for your BD+ protected disc. You don't need any other tools for this.
Code:
Preparations:
-------------

For windows you need the BouncyCastle security provider for java to perform ECDSA authentication to the content code.
Look at these postings for more details on how to install it:
- http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1195864&postcount=218
- http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1208775&postcount=315

Follow these steps please:
--------------------------

0. mount the disc (e.g.: "mount /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom"). You should see a BDSVM directory otherwise the disc is not
   BD+ protected and you should try a different movie.
1. start the debugger with "sh debugger.sh" from this directory
2. select "Settings -> Set disc mount point" and navigate to the mount point of your blue ray disc (e.g.: /media/cdrom/)
3. if you haven't edited the volume_id.bin with a hex editor to match the volume ID from this disc select
   "Settings -> set volume id" and enter the 16 byte number as hex (e.g.: "C659019F89718033F0FC54E894C98428")
   If you don't know the volume id you can either obtain it from the output of aacskeys or skip this point because
   the content code seems to ignore the volume id for the discs we checked.
4. press run or hit the "F5" key and watch the console output
5. after around 30s you should find a file named "conv_tab.bin" containing the decrypted conversion table in this
   directory.
6. Post the "conv_tab.bin" and the console output in the forum please.
You will find a small readme in the archive which contains the same description. Extract the archive in a directory, navigate to this directory and launch the debugger from there.

If you would like to test the resulting conversion table you need to decrypt the disc with DumpHD and then use this tool to repair the 00001.m2ts.

Thanks for your reports in advance.

@Schluppo: i get a conversion table for i robot and the decryption of the same seems to work fine. I currently have some problems with anydvd which is why i couldn't verify this yet. This issue will probably be solved soon. It doesn't seem to know my drive has it's firmware patched.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 1st November 2008 at 18:37.
Old 31st October 2008, 02:31   #307  |  Link
Oopho2ei

I have now successfully repaired "I robot". My 00001.m2ts and the one created by AnyDVD-HD are identical. There was however one bug which caused segment 0 of the first subtable in the conversion table never to be decrypted. The bug didn't show up with "The Day After Tomorrow" because that particular segment was empty there.
Anyway the bug is fixed in revision 116 and i have also updated the binary snapshot archive in the above posting. Furthermore for those who are curious of how these conversion tables look like: these are the conversion tables i used to successfully repair both movies.

Edit: i believe the checking of 00001.m2ts with TRAP_MediaSHAFileHash is because a particular version of a software player called "PowerDVD" allowed the playback a BD+ protected (but AACS decrypted) movies from hard drive. So those checks probably try to make sure the movie is still encrypted and therefor cannot be played from hard drive with this player (without hacks of course).

Edit: feel free to play around with the content code. If you get any other conversion tables for both movies than those i posted above something went wrong.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 31st October 2008 at 02:45.
Old 31st October 2008, 18:29   #308  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Very nice work guys! So now that you have figured out most of BD+'s mysteries, what can they do to protect future releases? With AACS, it's easy, just revoke the keys used. Does your implementation of BD+ use any revokable keys, or are they limited to the unused instructions to try and fool you in the future?
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 18:50   #309  |  Link
schluppo

- They could find bugs in our basic VM (such as treatment of divide by zero or similar) and then exploit the bugs in order to distinguish the emulated VM from a valid player. Anyway, our basic VM is behaving fine for hundreds of millions of instruction executions already, so they might have a hard time, to find any bugs.
- They can use previously unused traps or they might use previously used traps with unusual parameters. However, our trap-implementations are already close to the standard-implementation of traps, and it is easy to fix any bugs in our traps. So over time (as the VM is getting closer and closer to the standards), the BD+ developers will have trouble distinguishing our VM from a valid player by just looking at the correct treatment of traps.
- The current implementation of traps is using player specific data such as player keys (for AES), the player's public key (for ECDSA), memory footprints and player signatures. The BD+ developers can force a firmware update (including new player keys, public key, memory footprints or signatures) and then use the content code to 'revoke' (or rather interdict) the leaked player specific data in future. As I see it, this is the only tactic which may cause trouble in the long run, since it might become necessary to obtain the player specific data for every new version of BD+. I guess the situation could become similar to AACS.

Last edited by schluppo; 31st October 2008 at 18:57.
Old 31st October 2008, 18:55   #310  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleggjp View Post
Very nice work guys! So now that you have figured out most of BD+'s mysteries, what can they do to protect future releases? With AACS, it's easy, just revoke the keys used. Does your implementation of BD+ use any revokable keys, or are they limited to the unused instructions to try and fool you in the future?
The key set currently in use consists of 7 AES keys for TRAP_Aes (see posting #163) and two ECDSA public/private key pairs for TRAP_PrivateKey (see posting #188). These keys can theoretically be revoked (e.g. by adding 7 more AES keys and don't use the old ones anymore for new movies). Apart from that the purpose of the program (called "content code") running inside the player on a virtual machine is to detect any known compromised players or known unlicensed emulators (like ours). The content code is give a wide range of opportunities to do that. For example it has (limited) access to the player memory and can even execute arbitrary code on the machine though we haven't seen that yet and our emulator doesn't support this either.
As long as we have access to a working (licensed) players all these measures are useless as we can record traces from this player and adjust the data "injected" in the virtual machine address space by traps or events to perfectly match our recordings. Even if whitebox attack resistant AES or ECDSA algorithms are used and nobody manages to break them we can still use the obfuscated algorithms and their keys.

Edit: this project has left it's marks in wikipedia

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 31st October 2008 at 19:03.
Old 1st November 2008, 00:24   #311  |  Link
KenD00

First i have to say you are doing amazing work here, thank you. I have to admit that i don't understand much of what you are doing here, but the conversion table, thats something i can handle .

So i wanted to test this one out. Unfortunately i don't have any of the movies you are using here but two different ones, Die Hard 4 and Jumper. I have used the latest debugger binary package (maybe you should add to the readme that you need the BouncyCastle provider to run it) together with the correct volume id files. But somehow i'm not successful .

Jumper failed quite fast, it produced the error "Unknown trap". For Die Hard 4 i got a conversion table but along with a lot of error messages about missing subtable 0001. I have uploaded that conversion table and the console output here.

Because im not so good at reading binary files i wrote a small viewer which decodes conversion tables and displays them more human readable, ConvTableView 0.1. My conversion table doesn't look so bad after all, an entry for every m2ts file, all entries are empty except for the main movie which has about 400 segments.

I modified the content repair program to fix that movie (it uses tableid 20) and changed it to copy the conversion table into memory to reduce seeking too speed it up (but it doesn't seem to be much faster now), you can download it here.

However, after applying the fix the movie is still broken and somehow it looks worse than before the patching .

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 01:13   #312  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
maybe you should add to the readme that you need the BouncyCastle provider to run it
I will add this to the readme. Do you know if i could somehow include the BouncyCastle library in our jar?

Quote:
Jumper failed quite fast, it produced the error "Unknown trap".
Whoever wrote that error message could have at least included the trap id. I will suppress the error message and instead simply return 0x80FFFFFF like my player (maybe with a warning).

Quote:
For Die Hard 4 i got a conversion table but along with a lot of error messages about missing subtable 0001.
That's because the current version of the decoder module of the debugger always tries to get all the segment keys for the first subtable (0001) assuming it is the movie. It is encouraging however that you get the conversion table though it is never being decrypted. I will try to load your encrypted conversion table and see if i can make the debugger navigate correctly over all the subtables.

Quote:
Because im not so good at reading binary files i wrote a small viewer which decodes conversion tables and displays them more human readable, ConvTableView 0.1.
Looks great. Thank you.

Quote:
However, after applying the fix the movie is still broken and somehow it looks worse than before the patching .
Yeah because the debugger never tried to decrypt subtable 20. Instead it tried to decrypt subtable 1 which doesn't even exist.

I will try to fix it now.

Edit: i have tried to fix it but the source code is a mess so i have decided to rewrite all the conversion table related code (again ). I believe it is important for this reference source code to be plain and simple so i will introduce extra classes for segments and subtables. This should be finished soon.... i hope

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 1st November 2008 at 03:38.
Old 1st November 2008, 04:41   #313  |  Link
kkloster21

Hey guys, I tried the debugger on a couple of BD+ discs but it seems clear that i am missing something. never got any conv_tab.bin file. here is what i kept getting from the console:

Code:
$ java -jar Debugger.jar 
[W] No post-trap snapshot archive found!
[W] No post-break snapshot archive found!
[W] No program counter trace found!
[W] No instruction trace found!
[W] No timer trace found!
Loading /media/cdrom1/BDSVM/00000.svm ...
Volume ID set to: 98 62 39 55 14 61 94 83 D2 8A B9 B5 C3 B4 BA E8 
java.security.NoSuchProviderException: no such provider: BC
	at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getService(GetInstance.java:83)
	at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:206)
	at java.security.Signature.getInstance(Signature.java:341)
	at bdvm.bdsvm_player_traps.PrivateKey(bdsvm_player_traps.java:486)
	at bdvm.bdsvm_player_interface.TRAP_handler(bdsvm_player_interface.java:632)
	at bdvm.BDVM.step(BDVM.java:335)
	at bdvm.Debugger.step(Debugger.java:753)
	at bdvm.Debugger.run(Debugger.java:881)
	at bdvm.Debugger.actionPerformed(Debugger.java:344)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2012)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2335)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:404)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:253)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6106)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3276)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5871)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2105)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4467)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2163)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4293)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4461)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4125)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4055)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2149)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:604)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.Error: Unkown Trap
	at bdvm.bdsvm_player_interface.TRAP_handler(bdsvm_player_interface.java:868)
	at bdvm.BDVM.step(BDVM.java:335)
	at bdvm.Debugger.step(Debugger.java:753)
	at bdvm.Debugger.run(Debugger.java:881)
	at bdvm.Debugger.actionPerformed(Debugger.java:344)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2012)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2335)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:404)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:253)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6106)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3276)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5871)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2105)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4467)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2163)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4461)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4125)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4055)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2149)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:604)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
and it just sits there. i'd like to give you guys more useful feedback/results than this but it looks i am lacking something. what can i do?

thanks to the guys in thread who are working so hard.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 08:52   #314  |  Link
schluppo

You need the BouncyCastle provider installed, your error occurs since you don't have it installed. See post here for more details about how to install it.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by schluppo; 1st November 2008 at 09:10.
Old 1st November 2008, 14:38   #315  |  Link
frogman
I swallow bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schluppo View Post
You need the BouncyCastle provider installed, your error occurs since you don't have it installed. See post here for more details about how to install it.

Thanks for your help
Without the developer environment installed you can use
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib\security folder

Should still work. Vista 32
frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 14:52   #316  |  Link
kkloster21

i installed the bouncy castle provider and this was my new console output:

Code:
$ java -jar Debugger.jar 
[Event #00000001] 0110 ( 00000000, 0000FFFF )
[Event #00000002] 0210 ( 00000000, 00000001 )
[Event #00000003] 0110 ( 00000000, 00000001 )
Conversion table set
[E] getSubtableOffset: couldn't find subtable 0001
[Event #00000004] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 00000000)
[Event #00000005] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 00000001)
[Event #00000006] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 00000002)
[Event #00000007] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 00000003)
[Event #00000008] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 00000004)
[Event #00000009] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 00000005)
[Event #0000000A] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 00000006)
[Event #0000000B] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 00000007)
[Event #000001B5] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 000001B1)
[Event #000001B6] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000001, 000001B2)
[Event #000001B6] 0010 ( 00000000, 00000001 )
i had to remove a bunch of the output but it looked similar. hopefully this is enough.

but it did produce a conv_tab.bin that is about 961.4 KB.

@frogman: i am running linux.
Old 1st November 2008, 15:52   #317  |  Link
Oopho2ei

I have rewritten all the conversion table related code and parts of the decoder. It basically scans the conversion table now for nonempty segments which are marked as encrypted. If it finds such a segment it will ask the content code for the segment key and decrypt it clearing the encrypted flag for the segment. The code supports decrypting the segments in a random order although it currently decrypts them in the order they appear in the conversion table. I have loaded the conversion table from KenD00 and it seems it is handled correctly now. Now let's hope the second parameter of event #0220 really is the subtable id.

This is a new binary snapshot for testing: Debugger (testing)

Edit: event #0110 still always passes as second parameter '0x00000001' which worked for "The Day After Tomorrow" and "I Robot". We assume this parameter is the table id. All this doesn't matter as long as you get the conversion table (encrypted) which you can tell from the console message "Conversion table set". Sadly i don't have any BD+ protected disc where any file other than 00001.m2ts contains the movie.

Edit: i've added the BouncyCastle security provider library to the package. You should start the debugger with "sh debugger.sh" now.

Edit: I have removed the BouncyCastle library again as it still seems to require manually editing the java.security.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 1st November 2008 at 21:39.
Old 1st November 2008, 16:28   #318  |  Link
kkloster21

i think it worked with your latest snapshot Oopho! I got the "Conversion table set" message:

Code:
$ java -jar Debugger.jar [W] No post-trap snapshot archive found!
[Event #00000000] 0110 ( 00000000, 0000FFFF )
[Event #00000001] 0210 ( 00000000, 00000001 )
[Event #00000002] 0110 ( 00000000, 00000001 )
Conversion table set
[Event #00000003] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000000)
[Event #00000004] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000001)
[Event #00000005] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000002)
[Event #00000006] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000003)
[Event #00000007] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000004)
[Event #00000008] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000005)
[Event #00000009] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000006)
[Event #0000000A] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000007)
[Event #0000000B] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000008)
[Event #0000000C] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000009)
[Event #0000000D] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000000A)
[Event #0000000E] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000000B)
[Event #0000000F] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000000C)
[Event #00000010] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000000D)
[Event #00000011] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000000E)
[Event #00000012] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000000F)
[Event #00000013] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000010)
[Event #00000014] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000011)
[Event #00000015] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000012)
[Event #00000016] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000013)
[Event #00000017] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000014)
[Event #00000018] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000015)
[Event #00000019] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000016)
[Event #0000001A] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000017)
[Event #0000001B] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000018)
[Event #0000001C] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000019)
[Event #0000001D] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000001A)
[Event #0000001E] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000001B)
[Event #0000001F] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000001C)
[Event #00000020] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000001D)
[Event #00000021] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000001E)
[Event #00000022] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000001F)
[Event #00000023] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000020)
[Event #00000024] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000021)
[Event #00000025] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000022)
[Event #00000026] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000023)
[Event #00000027] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000024)
[Event #00000028] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000025)
[Event #00000029] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000026)
[Event #0000002A] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000027)
[Event #0000002B] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000028)
[Event #0000002C] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 00000029)
[Event #0000002D] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000002A)
[Event #0000002E] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000002B)
[Event #0000002F] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000002C)
[Event #00000030] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000002D)
[Event #00000031] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000002E)
[Event #00000032] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 0000002F)
[Event #000001AA] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001A7)
[Event #000001AB] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001A8)
[Event #000001AC] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001A9)
[Event #000001AD] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001AA)
[Event #000001AE] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001AB)
[Event #000001AF] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001AC)
[Event #000001B0] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001AD)
[Event #000001B1] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001AE)
[Event #000001B2] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001AF)
[Event #000001B3] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001B0)
[Event #000001B4] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001B1)
[Event #000001B5] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000000, 000001B2)
[Event #000001B6] 0010 ( 00000000, 00000000 )
and it produced a conv_tab.bin file.

note to Oopho2ei that the main movie file was 00000.m2ts (not 00001.m2ts like yours).

now i just need to figure out how to use the conv_tab.bin to watch the BD+ discs. I saw that you posted a tool for this above, is there a readme for using it? also, is it possible to repair it on the fly (rather than ripping the entire disc) and pipe it to mplayer (like we do already with dumpHD) ?

thanks for your terrific and rapid work!

Last edited by kkloster21; 1st November 2008 at 16:34.
Old 1st November 2008, 17:27   #319  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkloster21 View Post
i think it worked with your latest snapshot Oopho! I got the "Conversion table set" message:
Looks good but the resulting conversion table can still be wrong if the content code didn't return the correct segment keys (e.g. because i maybe didn't set all the callback/event parameters correctly or in other words "asked the wrong questions"). My player performs some checks on the header of every repair descriptor (e.g. checking if the two most significant bits of the first byte are either '01' or '10'.) which i haven't documented yet. Maybe it's possible to tell if a repair descriptor is correct or not by looking at the header.

Quote:
now i just need to figure out how to use the conv_tab.bin to watch the BD+ discs. I saw that you posted a tool for this above, is there a readme for using it? also, is it possible to repair it on the fly (rather than ripping the entire disc) and pipe it to mplayer (like we do already with dumpHD) ?
I hope KenD00 will report his results soon. If he is successful he will probably modify his DumpHD to use the decrypted conversion table and repair the movie while decrypting it.
The sample code i posted is only to repair the 00001.m2ts movie file with the subtable 0001. You would have to modify the source (which should be easy because almost every line is commented). You can compile it simply with "gcc -o test content_repair.c". Instead of "test" you can use any other name like "bdplusrepair", "bdplusminus" or whatever.

Quote:
thanks for your terrific and rapid work!
Thank you for your report! Do you have any other BD+ protected discs you can test?

Edit: you can also try to open the conv_tab.bin with KenD00's ConvTableView 0.1.

Last edited by Oopho2ei; 1st November 2008 at 17:37.
Old 1st November 2008, 21:25   #320  |  Link
kkloster21

i successfully got a table from another BD+ disc!

Code:
$ java -jar Debugger.jar 
Volume ID set to: 8F 64 CC B3 A1 93 B6 F0 43 0C A1 FD 94 DF 74 9A 
[Event #00000000] 0110 ( 00000000, 0000FFFF )
[Event #00000001] 0210 ( 00000000, 00000001 )
[Event #00000002] 0110 ( 00000000, 00000001 )
Conversion table set
[Event #00000003] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000001)
[Event #00000004] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000002)
[Event #00000005] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000003)
[Event #00000006] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000004)
[Event #00000007] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000005)
[Event #00000008] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000006)
[Event #00000009] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000007)
[Event #0000000A] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000008)
[Event #0000000B] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 00000009)
[Event #0000000C] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 0000000A)
[Event #0000000D] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 0000000B)
[Event #0000000E] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000074, 0000000C)
[Event #0000000F] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000075, 00000001)
[Event #00000010] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000075, 00000002)
[Event #00000011] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000075, 00000003)
[Event #00000012] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000075, 00000004)
[Event #000000E0] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000077, 0000004B)
[Event #000000E1] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000077, 0000004C)
[Event #000000E2] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000077, 0000004D)
[Event #000000E3] 0220 ( 00000000, 00000077, 0000004E)
[Event #000000E4] 0010 ( 00000000, 00000077 )
also, this disc has the movie split across several .m2ts files that are numbered something like 00116.m2ts, 00117.m2ts, 00118.m2ts, etc. it seems to be working!

also, good to hear from you arnezami! i know everyone here appreciates all your pioneering work on aacskeys.