Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2019, 15:53   #1581  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
Originally Posted by albesp77 View Post
just a stupid question, if i generate a full sbs or full ou video files (instead of half ones) to see them on a fullhd tv that not support natively this format (works good on half files) which kind of external player i need ?
any player on PC will do: MPC-HC, VLC or Potplayer. For full-SBS / OU you just need to change video Aspect Ratio to 16:9
Old 30th June 2019, 22:15   #1582  |  Link
donpoku

Hi guys, I'm trying to MUX 3d ISO to m2ts, I keep getting this using BD3 work my laptop, I read here it could be a sleep mode problem but I have changed my battery settings to never sleep.
Here's the CMD report

Encoding movie in 3D
Movie: Captain Marvel (2019)
Encoding started 23/06/2019 18:12:18.93

C:\Users\.....\Documents\Captain Marvel (2019)\MKV3D>"D:\S\New folder\Recovered data 10-06 06_45_31\Deep Scan result\More Lost Files(RAW)\Rich Text Document\BD3D2MK3D (2)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x264_x86.exe" --output-depth 8 --crf 23 --preset medium --sar 2:1 --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --frame-packing 4 --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile --frames 177957 --fps 24000/1001 --output "MKV3D_3D.264" "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs"
avs [error]: ERROR: Cannot initiate Intel Media Decoder.

(__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, line 20)
x264 [error]: could not open input file `__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs'
Encoding finished 23/06/2019 18:12:19.44

C:\Users\....\Documents\Captain Marvel (2019)\MKV3D>"D:\S\New folder\Recovered data 10-06 06_45_31\Deep Scan result\More Lost Files(RAW)\Rich Text Document\BD3D2MK3D (2)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\mkvmerge.exe" @__MUX_3D_OPTIONS.json | "D:\S\New folder\Recovered data 10-06 06_45_31\Deep Scan result\More Lost Files(RAW)\Rich Text Document\BD3D2MK3D (2)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\tee.exe" "MKV3D_3D.mkvmerge.log"
mkvmerge v33.1.0 ('Primrose') 32-bit
Error: The type of file 'MKV3D_3D.264' could not be recognized.
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:45   #1583  |  Link
supa2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I have some interesting information to share after I tried a lot of different formats with my android TV. I wanted to use a native android app (in my case Movian) to play 3D content on the tv and since no external HDMI-connected-player is involved I cannot use the HDMI 1.4+ 1920x2205 frame-packing format. I had to chose from one of the HALF SBS/TAB formats, because I had some weird issues with the FULL SBS/TAB.

Anyway, my TV is Sony Bravia 4k 2015 (KD-55S8505C) with active 3D, running Android TV 7 and it supports H264/AVC Level 5.2 3840x2160 so I decided to encode 4K SBS which is 1920x2160 for each eye (vertically stretching each frame). During playback the TV stretches each frame to 3840x2160 (or shrinks it to 1920x1080) and this gives me back two full 1920x1080p frames in 3D. It is kind of a hybrid version of Half/Full SBS/TAB.
Anyone else able to do this on a Sony 3D TV?
I tried it, but my Sony Z9D won't play 3D for any film that has resolution greater than 1080p.
Sony's site says it also "An Android TV that supports 3D format
If you have a 4K TV, a 3D signal won't display if the TV receives a 4K signal."
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00172421

Any idea how to get around this limitation?
Old 15th July 2019, 11:35   #1584  |  Link
konikpolny

SRT2D to ASS3D conversion tool X GUIDE BUG + Y enhancements

Hi r0lZ,
I hope you had great holidays!

Regarding the X positioning from the guide problem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Sure, but I wonder if the problem is not just due to the difference with the single and double-line subtitles.
By horizontal I mean X placement. The double/single lines difference does not apply here as it would only affect the Y plane, which works fine for me. What you are describing here is possible minor differences but for Y axis.
I also do the subtitles OCR myself. They have original number of lines and lines length.
I did check it carefully - selected subtitles position on original BD3D movie, the temp_2D.xml guide, and also studying the subtitles placement through your tool SRT 2D to ASS 3D > Analyse the subtitle Guide > BDSup2Sub. The latter clearly confirms the original BD guides have the correct position for the selected subtitles showing them at left / right sides rather than in the exact center X axis! And I don't mean here subtle differences they just come in the very center of X placement!

Quote:
I see, but what you do is dangerous. Often, the subtitle's depth is computed so that it appears just above the ground. [...] So, IMO, you should first analyse the guide, and force the Y position of all subtitles only if the analyse deduces that all subtitles are placed approximately at the same Y position, and to avoid problems, you should use that position, and not force them below (or above) that position.
In extreme cases (which in my experience are rare) i can manually replace the lines in the subtitles with the ones with the original Y position. Also what you suggest for an option to ignore Y user custom position if sub lines are in the upper half would resolve most cases. I just don't like subtitles to be covering the video, pushing them slightly down works fine for me 90%. If the X guide worked it would be even better!

Quote:
I can also add an option to "freeze" the X position on the center of the screen, and another to force the Y position to either the average Y position of the subtitles of the guide, or another Y position specified by the user. Perhaps also with an option to ignore that setting for all subtitles appearing in the upper half of the screen.
As i said earlier the Option to ignore forced user's Y placement setting if the subtitle appear in the upper half of the screen is a great idea indeed!

Locking X position in center in my opinion is not very useful as it would be more like not using guide at all - which is already an available option. But you can add it if you think having a user customised Y placement option implies doing the same for the X position.

Summing up the options for custom user Y positioning worth considering are:
- ignore guide completely and use user Y value (this is most important in my opinion)
- add/deduct user value to guide Y value
- average Y position

Please have a look at the XML guide and SRT attached;
some lines to look at:
#21:right,#25:left,#26:right,#39:right,#65:left,#77:left,#95:up center (OK),#126:right,#127:left,#128:right,#129:right,#130:right,#131:left,#138:left,#139:left,#664:left,#665:left,#666:left
Attached Files
File Type: 7z SRT+Guide.7z (54.1 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by konikpolny; 15th July 2019 at 13:56.
Old 19th July 2019, 12:28   #1585  |  Link
donpoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpoku View Post
Hi guys, I'm trying to MUX 3d ISO to m2ts, I keep getting this using BD3 work my laptop, I read here it could be a sleep mode problem but I have changed my battery settings to never sleep.
Here's the CMD report

Encoding movie in 3D
Movie: Captain Marvel (2019)
Encoding started 23/06/2019 18:12:18.93

C:\Users\.....\Documents\Captain Marvel (2019)\MKV3D>"D:\S\New folder\Recovered data 10-06 06_45_31\Deep Scan result\More Lost Files(RAW)\Rich Text Document\BD3D2MK3D (2)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x264_x86.exe" --output-depth 8 --crf 23 --preset medium --sar 2:1 --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --frame-packing 4 --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile --frames 177957 --fps 24000/1001 --output "MKV3D_3D.264" "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs"

(__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, line 20)
x264 [error]: could not open input file `__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs'
Encoding finished 23/06/2019 18:12:19.44

C:\Users\....\Documents\Captain Marvel (2019)\MKV3D>"D:\S\New folder\Recovered data 10-06 06_45_31\Deep Scan result\More Lost Files(RAW)\Rich Text Document\BD3D2MK3D (2)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\mkvmerge.exe" @__MUX_3D_OPTIONS.json | "D:\S\New folder\Recovered data 10-06 06_45_31\Deep Scan result\More Lost Files(RAW)\Rich Text Document\BD3D2MK3D (2)\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\tee.exe" "MKV3D_3D.mkvmerge.log"
mkvmerge v33.1.0 ('Primrose') 32-bit
Error: The type of file 'MKV3D_3D.264' could not be recognized.
Is nobody able to help us, this is not what the community is about?
Old 20th July 2019, 18:12   #1586  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry for replying so late. I was in holidays.

Quote:
This problem can be caused by several things, but normally, that means that you have an Intel CPU compatible with the hardware acceleration for the MVC decoding, but the Intel drivers do not work correctly. Try to update the Intel drivers, or re-install them. Then, launch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd again.

If that doesn't work, try to set the Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration option to Disabled. This will use the Intel decoder provided with BD3D2MK3D, and normally it works correctly. Then re-generate the whole project. (Alternatively, you can also edit the platform argument of the FRIMSource line or the mode argument of the DGMVCSource line in the avisynth script __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, and replace "" or "auto" with "sw", as explained elsewhere in this thread. If you do that, you don't need to re-generate the project.)

And if there is still a problem, try to swap the decoder (Settings -> MVC Decoder: FRIMSource <-> DGMVCSource).

Good luck!

Last edited by r0lZ; 20th July 2019 at 18:14.
Old 20th July 2019, 18:17   #1587  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
Hi r0lZ,
I hope you had great holidays!
Yes, fine, although very hot !

I will have a look at the subtitles placement problems, but I still need some time. I am currently seeking for a house to move in France, and I have to continue searching. So, don't expect a new version soon.

[EDIT] Just had a look, and it seems that indeed, the X position of all subs is always the center of the screen when the SRT is converted to ASS 3D with the Margins option. However, with the option "{\pos(x,y)} commands", it seems that the X placement is correct. Can you verify ?

Last edited by r0lZ; 20th July 2019 at 18:50.
Old 21st July 2019, 11:44   #1588  |  Link
konikpolny

Hi r0lZ,
Yes I confirm X placement in SRT 2 ASS conversion with the guide using {\pos(x,y)} works as expected! Thanks for this hint.
I am perfectly OK to wait for the SRT 2 ASS bug fix (X guide with margin method) and enhancements whatever time it takes to accomplish. Please take care and time to sort out all your private matters.
Old 23rd July 2019, 06:49   #1589  |  Link
donpoku

Quote:
Sorry for replying so late. I was in holidays.

This problem can be caused by several things, but normally, that means that you have an Intel CPU compatible with the hardware acceleration for the MVC decoding, but the Intel drivers do not work correctly. Try to update the Intel drivers, or re-install them. Then, launch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd again.

If that doesn't work, try to set the Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration option to Disabled. This will use the Intel decoder provided with BD3D2MK3D, and normally it works correctly. Then re-generate the whole project. (Alternatively, you can also edit the platform argument of the FRIMSource line or the mode argument of the DGMVCSource line in the avisynth script __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs, and replace "" or "auto" with "sw", as explained elsewhere in this thread. If you do that, you don't need to re-generate the project.)

And if there is still a problem, try to swap the decoder (Settings -> MVC Decoder: FRIMSource <-> DGMVCSource).

Good luck!
Thanks the first option worked.

What is the best setting for 1:1 copy with no loss in quality,?
Old 23rd July 2019, 21:13   #1590  |  Link
donpoku

Hi yday I did one from 40gig disc to 7gb using this, surely there's a loss in quality? If so what's the best way to get like for like with no loss in quality?

Many thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 21:35   #1591  |  Link
TVI

File size query

Dear r0lZ. First of all thank you for your program it's fantastic. I do have a question.

I use BD3D2MK3D to convert ripped 3D Blu-Rays to watch on the Ocolus Go and it works a treat. I'm not particularly tech-savvy...I download the ripped MKV and don't change any of the settings.

The files will vary in size and quality. For example -
Terminator 2 - 7.22GB - Great picture
Gravity - 3.72GB - decent picture
Bladerunner 2049 - 1.63GB - okay picture but more "screen door" effect

I just wondered if there was a simple reason why the files vary in size/quality?

Thanks.
Old 23rd July 2019, 23:19   #1592  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVI View Post
I just wondered if there was a simple reason why the files vary in size/quality?
If you encode using CRF method you obtain the same quality always, but the size can vary because the images are more or less compressibles.

For instance Terminator 2 can have grain or noise and need more bitrate (size) than a modern movie Blade Runner 2049 (BTW 1.63 GB is very small, use a better CRF)
Old 25th July 2019, 06:22   #1593  |  Link
mi3gai4rui4

3840x2160 line alternative (row interlaced) output

Hi,
I have a 4k OLED with a passive 3d filter that works with madVR set to "3D format: line alternative".

I'd like to convert from my 3d mvc file to an mkv file that is 3840x2160 in line alternative format so that I can play it on a player that doesn't know how to decode 3D at all and the TV will just play it like a regular 2160p file.

I tried following the directions below but I ended up with a 1920x1080 file.
Could anyone suggest how to get a 3840x2160 line alternative file?

Thanks!

Quote:
@Shark: My PC doesn't have a 3D graphic card, so I suppose that options cannot be used. But thanks anyway.

@IanD:
I have modified the files of a short clip and I think I have something that should work. Can you test the modifications?
Use a short clip to begin (and, optionally, select the UltraFast x264 preset). Use T&B or SBS, that doesn't matter.
When the demux phase is finished, edit the following files.

_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs:
You should replace the following lines:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)

# Build combined Side-by-Side image
StackVertical(...)  (or StackHorizontal)
with this:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved).SeparateFields().SelectOdd()
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).SeparateFields().SelectEven()

# Build combined Row-interlaced image
Interleave(left, right).Weave()
The code above is for the left view in the top field. To place the right view in the top field, use this:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved).SeparateFields().SelectEven()
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).SeparateFields().SelectOdd()

Interleave(right, left).Weave()
That should work, but I'm not sure. If you see inverted fields, experiment with the words in red above.

You should also modify _ENCODE.CMD and replace the option "--frame-packing 4" (or 3 for SBS) with "--frame-packing 2".

You should also edit the "3D Video stream" section of the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file, like this:
Code:
# 3D video stream

--track-name
0:3D Row interlaced (x264 CRF 22, preset ultrafast, level 4.1)
--stereo-mode
0:7
--aspect-ratio
0:16/9
--default-duration
0:24000/1001p
--default-track
0:yes
01000_mpls.264
The stereo mode 7 is for the left field on top. Use 6 for the right field on top.

When the edits are finished, encode normally, and watch the movie on your TV. Perhaps you'll see some flickering effects (especially with thin horizontal lines, or in the end credits). Please let me know if it's the case. It is perhaps possible to improve the image quality and avoid the flickering with a resize instead of the SeparateFields().SelectOdd/Even() code.

Let me know if it works fine. If your tests are conclusive, I may add that option in the next version...
Old 25th July 2019, 08:42   #1594  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Sorry again, for whatever reason, the forum do not send me the notifications for the new posts any more, hence my late replies.
Quote:
Hi yday I did one from 40gig disc to 7gb using this, surely there's a loss in quality? If so what's the best way to get like for like with no loss in quality?

Many thanks
When you re-encode a video file, there is always a loss in quality, except if you use specifically the lossless options. And re-encoding losslessly doesn't make much sense, as usually, the size of the final MKV file is greater than the original M2TS file ! So, the question is : what amount of loss of quality can I accept ? I can't reply for you, but usually, I consider that it's mainly a false problem. Of course, if you compress extremely, the quality loss will also be extreme, and therefore much visible, but most peoples cannot see the difference with the original BD (without using special tools) when the default option (CRF 23) is used. The decrease of the file size is NOT really an evidence of a visible quality loss, and it depends largely of the images of the original movie. Trust your eyes, and do not imagine that you can see a difference because you think that a small size means bad quality.

That being said, you can easily modify the quality (and the size) of the encoding. As noted by tebasuna51, the CRF mode is recommended, because it adapts itself so that you will always obtain more or less the same quality, but the file size may vary, especially for old films with much noise. The CRF parameter can be used to increase the quality and the file size. The default value for x264 (CRF 23) gives good results for a very small file size, but you can decrease it to, say, 20 or even 15 to obtain a much better quality, but take in mind that the file size of the video stream can be doubled when you decrease the CRF value by approximately 3.

BTW, to encode in lossless mode, use CRF 0, but buy a big hard disc, as you will obtain a huge file size !
Old 25th July 2019, 09:02   #1595  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVI View Post
Dear r0lZ. First of all thank you for your program it's fantastic. I do have a question.

I use BD3D2MK3D to convert ripped 3D Blu-Rays to watch on the Ocolus Go and it works a treat. I'm not particularly tech-savvy...I download the ripped MKV and don't change any of the settings.

The files will vary in size and quality. For example -
Terminator 2 - 7.22GB - Great picture
Gravity - 3.72GB - decent picture
Bladerunner 2049 - 1.63GB - okay picture but more "screen door" effect

Thanks.
Thanks for your kind words.

As explained by tebasuna51, when you use the CRF encoding mode, the quality doesn't vary much, but the file size can vary, due to the difficulty to compress the images of the original movie. A CGI film like an animated Pixar movie can be compressed extremely well, because the image is very clean and without artifacts. In the other hand, old movies with much noise are very difficult to compress, because each frame is different from the previous one. So, differences in file size are not unusual, and you should not worry about them.

BTW, many peoples think that a specific bitrate is important to encode correctly, and prefer to encode in 2-pass mode for that reason, but it's totally wrong. Specifying the bitrate (in ABR or even 2-pass modes) imposes a constraint that the encoder must obey, and therefore, the quality is ALWAYS less good than the encoding in CRF mode (when it gives finally approximately the same file size, of course). The ONLY interest of 2-pass mode is therefore to control precisely the size of the final MKV file. That may be important if you need to copy it on a physical media like a DVD, but you should always avoid that mode if you don't care of the final file size.

See also my previous reply, just above this one.
Old 25th July 2019, 09:09   #1596  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi3gai4rui4 View Post
Hi,
I have a 4k OLED with a passive 3d filter that works with madVR set to "3D format: line alternative".

I'd like to convert from my 3d mvc file to an mkv file that is 3840x2160 in line alternative format so that I can play it on a player that doesn't know how to decode 3D at all and the TV will just play it like a regular 2160p file.

I tried following the directions below but I ended up with a 1920x1080 file.
Could anyone suggest how to get a 3840x2160 line alternative file?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, it's not possible, at least automatically with BD3D2MK3D (and honestly, I don't think that other software exist to do what you want). Although line alternative is effectively a 3D format that exists officially, it is almost never used, and therefore I don't think someone will implement it.

IMO, for you, the best solution would be to buy a player that can convert SBS or TAB movies to line alternate. Not sure if they are easy to find.

However, you have revived an old post I wrote for someone having a similar question. I don't remember if he has replied that the method works, but I encourage you to try it.

I can't test the method right now, but try this:
Code:

This will (probably!) produce a line alternative 1920x2160 stream. To be verified!

BTW, I don't understand why you want a "3840x2160 line alternative file". In line alternative mode, the lines of the two images are stacked together, one at a time. Therefore, the height of the final image is doubled. But the width doesn't change, since there is no need to duplicate each pixel horizontally. So, IMO, the final format must be 1920x2160. If you really need a 3840x2160 frame, you must add a resize operation in the modified AVS script, like this:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved).LanczosResize(3840,1080)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).LanczosResize(3840,1080)

Please let me know if one of these methods worked for you. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by r0lZ; 25th July 2019 at 09:28.
Old 25th July 2019, 09:40   #1597  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
Hi r0lZ,
Yes I confirm X placement in SRT 2 ASS conversion with the guide using {\pos(x,y)} works as expected! Thanks for this hint.
I am perfectly OK to wait for the SRT 2 ASS bug fix (X guide with margin method) and enhancements whatever time it takes to accomplish. Please take care and time to sort out all your private matters.
I have a beta to test. I think I've fixed the X placement bug and I have implemented the option to ignore the Y placement from the guide, and use the bottom margin instead. There is also the possibility to still use the guide for the vertical positions of the subtitles appearing in the upper half of the screen. I have not implemented the idea to add a certain amount of pixels to the Y position of the guide, as IMO, it doesn't make much sense. Either you want all subtitles properly aligned near the bottom of the screen, or you use the position from the guide because it is supposed to be the best placement according to the foreground objects in the scene. OK ?

You can download the SRTtoASS3D.tcl file here. Just replace the original file in the toolset folder with the file from the archive, and restart BD3D2MK3D. Please test it carefully, and let me know if it works correctly. If it's the case, it will be integrated in the next official version...
Old 25th July 2019, 10:35   #1598  |  Link
donpoku

Quote:
Sorry again, for whatever reason, the forum do not send me the notifications for the new posts any more, hence my late replies.
When you re-encode a video file, there is always a loss in quality, except if you use specifically the lossless options. And re-encoding losslessly doesn't make much sense, as usually, the size of the final MKV file is greater than the original M2TS file ! So, the question is : what amount of loss of quality can I accept ? I can't reply for you, but usually, I consider that it's mainly a false problem. Of course, if you compress extremely, the quality loss will also be extreme, and therefore much visible, but most peoples cannot see the difference with the original BD (without using special tools) when the default option (CRF 23) is used. The decrease of the file size is NOT really an evidence of a visible quality loss, and it depends largely of the images of the original movie. Trust your eyes, and do not imagine that you can see a difference because you think that a small size means bad quality.

That being said, you can easily modify the quality (and the size) of the encoding. As noted by tebasuna51, the CRF mode is recommended, because it adapts itself so that you will always obtain more or less the same quality, but the file size may vary, especially for old films with much noise. The CRF parameter can be used to increase the quality and the file size. The default value for x264 (CRF 23) gives good results for a very small file size, but you can decrease it to, say, 20 or even 15 to obtain a much better quality, but take in mind that the file size of the video stream can be doubled when you decrease the CRF value by approximately 3.

BTW, to encode in lossless mode, use CRF 0, but buy a big hard disc, as you will obtain a huge file size !
Thank you for the response I'll give it a try. Bless.
Old 25th July 2019, 15:29   #1599  |  Link
mi3gai4rui4

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's not possible, at least automatically with BD3D2MK3D (and honestly, I don't think that other software exist to do what you want).
I wouldn't mind editing the files output by BD3D2MKV3D, and I appreciate you trying to help.

Quote:
BTW, I don't understand why you want a "3840x2160 line alternative file".
I was thinking I wanted to reproduce the output of madVR in line alternative format, which I believe is a 3840x2160 image. I suppose if the player respects the aspect ratio metadata then a 1920x2160 file should work, and will definitely be faster to encode and smaller on disk.

Using this code you suggested didn't work:
Code:

I got an error saying the fields needed to be separated.
So I changed to:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved).SeparateFields()
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).SeparateFields()

With this in MUX_3D_OPTIONS.json:
Code:
    "--track-name",
    "0:3D Row interlaced (x264 high CRF 23 preset superfast)",
    "--stereo-mode",
    "0:7",
This resulted in a 3840x1080 file.
Any thoughts on what needs to change to get a 1920x2160 file?
Old 25th July 2019, 16:02   #1600  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
I have a beta to test. I think I've fixed the X placement bug and I have implemented the option to ignore the Y placement from the guide, and use the bottom margin instead. [...] Please test it carefully, and let me know if it works correctly.
Thanks r0lZ, for this quick update
I have done a quick test without using my 3D projector.
The guide's X placement for margin method moves the subtitles correctly but of the 2 (left+right) subtitle lines the right subtitle line has a very narrow margin and appears in the left view. As it has a very narrow margin the subtitle is spread from top to bottom word by word. This needs fixing.

As far as overriding Y guide with user bottom margin setting the results seem OK for both methods (with and without exception to the rule for subtitles appearing in the upper part of screen).
Closed Thread