Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th June 2005, 14:33   #241  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlight
When I demux and try to load into VDubMod I get the error "Old or Obsolete D2V file". I tried to fix the D2V file but DGIndex says that there are no errors.
I don't know what you are doing so I'll guess.

You cannot load DGIndex D2V files directly in VDM. You have to serve the D2V through an Avisynth script using DGDecode. If you are in fact doing that and you still get the error, then be sure that you are using matched versions of DGIndex and DGDecode, and that the D2V file is generated with the correct version of DGIndex. You can't always load D2Vs created with earlier versions of DGIndex, because the D2V file format sometimes changes.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2005, 15:11   #242  |  Link
dlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
I don't know what you are doing so I'll guess.

You cannot load DGIndex D2V files directly in VDM. You have to serve the D2V through an Avisynth script using DGDecode. If you are in fact doing that and you still get the error, then be sure that you are using matched versions of DGIndex and DGDecode, and that the D2V file is generated with the correct version of DGIndex. You can't always load D2Vs created with earlier versions of DGIndex, because the D2V file format sometimes changes.
I am loading the avs script. The versions of DGIndex and DGDecode are the ones in the most recent RC4 set so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll try demuxing again and see what happens.
dlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2005, 16:17   #243  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlight
I am loading the avs script. The versions of DGIndex and DGDecode are the ones in the most recent RC4 set so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll try demuxing again and see what happens.
Sometimes you pick up an unexpected version of DGDecode, for example, from your Avisynth plugins directory. Use the info=1 option of DGDecode to display the version number and verify that it is the one you think it is.
Old 29th June 2005, 06:22   #244  |  Link
calinb

I cannot use dgindex to re-open a project file, previously saved with the same version of dgindex (currently using RC4). This functionality was lost sometime within the last few revs. The d2v file works fine with dgdecode.dll, GKnot, etc. Source is an mpeg2 transport stream.

Sorry if this is a known bug (or change in behavior). I seached this thread but don't have time to search any further right now.
calinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2005, 07:26   #245  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinb
I cannot use dgindex to re-open a project file
Load project is not restoring the PIDs. I will fix it. Thank you for pointing it out.

Last edited by Guest; 29th June 2005 at 07:28.
Old 29th June 2005, 16:47   #246  |  Link
calinb

Thanks, Donald! Your work is much appreciated and I love the new features.
calinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2005, 05:24   #247  |  Link

Version 1.4.0 RC5

Here is RC5. The changes versus RC4 are as follows:

* Legacy audio conversion functionality was removed as discussed here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96524.

* LPCM support was improved: 1) 48K/96K, 16bit/24bit, and mono/stereo are now supported. 2) The format info is included in the filename and the info dialog. 3) Demux Track and Demux All now work for LPCM (no special handling).

* The D2V format version is now checked when loading a D2V file.

* IDCT support was fixed: 1) The IDCT algorithm specified in the INI or D2V file is now not automatically promoted (e.g., previously if you had IDCT=1 in the INI file and then started DGIndex, you'd end up with IDCT=3). However, the IDCT is scaled down if it is not supported by the processor. 2) A bug in DGDecode was fixed that caused SSEMMX to be used when SSE2MMX was requested. 3) The IDCT algorithm is now consistently numbered between the CLI, D2V, etc.

* Fixed setup of PIDs when loading a D2V file (fixes calinb's issue).

* Increased the parse depth for a first pack header to 2,500,000 bytes and added additional emulation protection (fixes Moitah's weird popcorn explosion MPEG1 stream).

* Added audio processing to the Quick Start guide.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec140rc5.zip

I hope this can go final soon.

Last edited by Guest; 30th June 2005 at 13:43.
Old 30th June 2005, 14:39   #248  |  Link
Cyberia

Don, the IDCT menu item only displays the supported IDCT types, so why would it fall back if the type was unsupported?

Do you mean, in case someone edits the INI or D2V and designates a unsupported value there, then we fall back?
Cyberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2005, 14:43   #249  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberia
Do you mean, in case someone edits the INI or D2V and designates a unsupported value there, then we fall back?
Yes, exactly.
Old 1st July 2005, 10:32   #250  |  Link
iNFO-DVD
Author of avi.NET rip.NET

SampleSlice.NET

I apologise if this shouldn't really be posted here

I've noticed in this post and other posts when people have a problem with a VOB or MPG file a clip/sample is needed. I know there's programs to already do it but I was bored so quickly knocked this up.

It's really simple, just load in the file and tell it how much MB you want to take out to a seperate clip. Simple as that and it's only 36K.

Nothing is changed in the file/sample, just copied exactly as was in the original.

SampleSlice.NET
iNFO-DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2005, 11:31   #251  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
* Increased the parse depth for a first pack header to 2,500,000 bytes and added additional emulation protection (fixes Moitah's weird popcorn explosion MPEG1 stream).
Might this be a reason that a member in the german board reported DGIndex taking a remarkable amount of time (> 30 s) to open an MPEG2 ES demuxed by ProjectX (so I'd guess it once was DVB)?

http://forum.gleitz.info/showthread....026#post210026

I'll ask him to add more details here, if required.
__

@ iNFO-DVD:

I'll post this tool in the german board for you, if you don't mind.

Last edited by LigH; 2nd July 2005 at 11:34.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2005, 16:23   #252  |  Link
iNFO-DVD
Author of avi.NET rip.NET

Fine, no probs, go ahead.
iNFO-DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2005, 16:37   #253  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH
Might this be a reason that a member in the german board reported DGIndex taking a remarkable amount of time (> 30 s) to open an MPEG2 ES demuxed by ProjectX (so I'd guess it once was DVB)?

http://forum.gleitz.info/showthread....026#post210026

I'll ask him to add more details here, if required.
It's doubtful, but you never know. 30 sec to read 2.5Meg?

If he would like to make the stream available I'll be happy to have a look at it. I can't help directy because the link you gave is German and I'm monolingual.

Last edited by Guest; 2nd July 2005 at 16:40.
Old 2nd July 2005, 16:48   #254  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

akapuma sometimes posts here, too. I think he may use rapidshare for a "cutlet".
Old 2nd July 2005, 21:37   #255  |  Link
akapuma

Hello,

here is the small part, announced by LigH.

The way of this part:

- recording with the technisat SkyStar2-DVB-Card and the Software DVBViewer 3.1 PRO (TS-format)
- error fixing and demuxing with ProjectX, converting to m2v (and mpa)
- cutting with MPEG2Schnitt

I need approx 30s to open this file with DGIndex 1.4.0 RC4 and RC5. RC3 and before: less then 1 second. Without cutting with MPEG2Schnitt, the problem is the same.

I hope, the attatchment is helpfully.

Best regards

akapuma

http://rapidshare.de/files/2757733/dgtest.m2v.html
akapuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2005, 08:43   #256  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapuma
I need approx 30s to open this file with DGIndex 1.4.0 RC4 and RC5. RC3 and before: less then 1 second. Without cutting with MPEG2Schnitt, the problem is the same.
If this already happened with RC4 it's probably not related to the parsing depth change in RC5...

Just my 0.02 €.

np: Pole - Stadt (2)
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2005, 09:58   #257  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

You are probably right... but I didn't find many changes described in detail from RC3 to RC4, except "fix for Teegedecks problem". Here, only DG will know exactly what was changed to fix this.
Old 3rd July 2005, 15:08   #258  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapuma
I need approx 30s to open this file with DGIndex 1.4.0 RC4 and RC5.
It takes about 2 seconds on my machine with RC5.

I can't think of a possible cause right now. Is it that way with all your elementary streams? Are you loading off a hard disk?

Last edited by Guest; 3rd July 2005 at 15:11.
Old 3rd July 2005, 15:47   #259  |  Link
akapuma

Hello,

I tested my testfile again with new installations of DGIndex:
- DGIndex 1.4.0RC2: less then 1 second
- DGIndex 1.4.0RC3: less then 1 second
- DGIndex 1.4.0RC4: approx 30s
- DGIndex 1.4.0RC5: approx 30s

I tested this whith different streams, the problem is always the same. I loaded the file directly from my harddisk. Additionaly, I tested this with different movies:

- recorded in TS, demuxed, fixed and converted in mpv with ProjectX: long time to open
- recorded in TS with another software (DVBPortal), demuxed, fixed and converted in mpv with ProjectX: long time to open
- recorded in mpg, demuxed, fixed and converted in mpv with ProjectX: long time to open
- recorded in mpg: fast time to open

I have an Athlon 1400 and Windows 98SE.

Best regards

akapuma
akapuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2005, 16:07   #260  |  Link

OK, people, help me out. Is anyone else getting long load times with the file that akapuma posted a link to?