Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 23rd July 2004, 08:51   #1  |  Link
Madcatz265

BeSweet Wizard Problem

Hi all well ive waited my five days and I am new to this site so its a big hello.

I have a problem with Besweet wizard I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have used the besweet GUI wizard before with no problems and then one day I accidentally deleted it. I have reinstalled it ok and directed it to besweet.exe.

Heres the problem. I go through the motions and get to step 5 ready to press go and a window comes up saying a log file ha not been created would you like to create one? YES/NO. I select yes and a notepad window comes up. I have no idea what to put in here. I did think that it would be the place where a record of the conversion is kept so I close it down and press go.

The conversion does not start and the same notepad window pops up again. If I choose not to creat a log file pressing go means nothing happens. Is there some sort of command line I should be putting in here. As I said I have directed the top line of the GUI to BeSweet EXE. Please can somebody help me.

In the five days waiting to be allowed to post on this forum I have trawled the forum and only found one message which relates to this to which there is no reply. Please help OBI Wan your my only hope.
Madcatz265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2004, 09:37   #2  |  Link
daphy
Miles Freak

Hi and welcome,

this sounds for me like the besweet.exe and maybe other files are in the wrong directory - see as the batch goes
1. call besweet (which should create a log-file at the end of its transcoding)
2. show logfile with notepad

ergo: no transcoding happens, notepad opens a empty file

check your folder settings again -> see the readme files in the besweet/besweetGUI archives
Old 23rd July 2004, 20:14   #3  |  Link
Madcatz265

Cheers mate, you mention the readme in the Besweet GUI files.
Are these on this site if so can you send me a link to them.

Other than that are they in the help files downloaded with Besweet.
Old 23rd July 2004, 22:37   #4  |  Link
@ndy

Quote:
BeSweet Wizard
----------------------
About:
------

A Wizard for BeSweet.

Requirements:
-------------

***** All BeSweet Files Must Be in a "\BeSweet" Sub Directory of the Wizard *****
***** All Azidts Files Must Be in a "\Azidts" Sub Directory of the Wizard *****

is part of the GUI package

bye @ndy
Old 12th August 2004, 19:23   #5  |  Link
galocza

another question

hi,
i see that DanniDin is away for a while but maybe one of you guys could help me.
id like to rip a 24-episode series, two languages and im tired of encoding 48 audio files one after another.
tried besweet gui batch mode but it puts all the files in the same directory which is not good.

tried besweet wizard but although it has an auto delay option it didnt set the delay (i have smartripper created and named ac3 files, that could be the problem?).

could you:
-tell me how besweet wizard auto delay works, eg i should use another prog to get ac3 and so the appropriate naming for it,
-OR suggest me a method in besweet gui batch mode to have all target files in the same dir as the source and delay fixing,
-OR recommend an another method which i dont know of?

thx,
galocza
galocza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2004, 19:16   #6  |  Link
Madcatz265

Hiya there mate,

The above answer is all i got to the problem which turned out to be usless. So I switched to another forum and have since been using BeSweet GUI. The other forum has faster responce times and the repies you get make sence

So I am sorry on this occasion I cannot help.
Old 16th October 2004, 20:53   #7  |  Link
galocza

hi, still have the problem above.
i guess ac3 filename should end " delayvalue.ac3" not "_delayvalue.ac3" as in the case of files created with smartripper - but its just a renaming problem and im getting used to dvddecrypter anyway.
but i still cant get the delay set for multiple files AND converted files created in the same dir as the source files (i can do the first with besweet batch mode and the latter with the wizard).
could somebody help me?
thx

ps if somebody could explain how auto delay works in the wizard (what filenaming does it require) it would be a gret help...
galocza is offline   Reply With Quote