Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 16th December 2010, 00:07   #701  |  Link
crl2007

Maybe you'll do another miracle.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 00:49   #702  |  Link
HFW

I was looking at this soft, BDEdit and I would like to know how to "kill" a playlist, like 00000.m2ts, still playable and by-paseable, like you "kill" a title in PGCEdit. I was looking in this thread and I could not find any clear reference to my question.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by HFW; 16th December 2010 at 01:40.
HFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 08:36   #703  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW View Post
I would like to know how to "kill" a playlist, like 00000.m2ts
An m2ts is not a playlist, but I think I know what you mean. For non BD-J titles it's a simple as removing references to the playlist (MPLS). On BD-J titles, the file still needs to by physically present unless you modify the JAR and it's signatures (which I guess you're not going to do). In this case you replace the MPLS with one that refers to a M2TS/CLPI with the shortest time you can get away with.

Clown_BD BD Copier does this for you in a handy GUI, so perhaps it'll save you the effort?
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 11:37   #704  |  Link
HFW

@mrr19121970: thank you, IŽll give it a try. Sorry for my rusty english.
Old 17th December 2010, 11:48   #705  |  Link
HFW

@mrr19121970: thank you, thank you, thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for.
I tried Top Gun and Black Hawk Down and I got rid of unwanted parts.
Old 27th December 2010, 01:14   #706  |  Link
BigCondor

Thanks you guys for helping to find the solution.

I have the same violation even with version 0.39...

After deleting the registry it works fine!

Of cousrse, most important of all, is to thank Pelican9 for his wonderful program!
BigCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:05   #707  |  Link
crl2007

Good choice of posting, in a (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring forum.
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:19   #708  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

He's a spammer...I've already flagged it.
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 09:32   #709  |  Link
chompy

Rescueing old feature requests... Is there any hope to have soon the option Save/Load items from STN table that crl2007 requested or something similar to edit the STN of one PlayItem in a PlayList and with one click, copy it to the rest of the PlyList PlayItems?

Greetings
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 03:09   #710  |  Link
djmasturbeat

splitting mpls?

so i am trying to back up a series title i have that is a BD50, and i want to make 2 BD25s for my backup, keeping all menus and audio/video untouched, except for the actual number of episodes per disc.

there are 6 episodes on a disc, each episode has its own m2ts file, but everything is contained in one main mpls.

can anyone tell me how i can split this mpls up, using either BDEdit or some other tool?
btw, I tried splitting this onto 2 BD25s with tsmuxer but the second half (second disc) for some reason plays without sound (even though if i play the m2ts files from the second disc individually in a software player, there is sound ... color me confused). first disc was fine

thanks for any help
djmasturbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 04:03   #711  |  Link
Capsbackup

Usually there is a mpls per m2ts, and the one mpls that has all the m2ts's is the play all feature, verse the play one episode at a time.
If you load the BD50 into multiAVCHD in Re-Author mode, you could blank half the episodes to attempt to fit to a BD25 with no reencoding. Depends on each m2ts size of course.
I have done this several times, and it works excellent!
The episode that is blanked will be removed, and if you select to play that episode from the menu, it will just return to the menu after a brief attempt to play.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 05:58   #712  |  Link
djmasturbeat

well, there definitely isn't an mpls for the individual episodes for this one

can i keep the original menu and keep everything untouched (other than "blanking" 3 episodes per disc) in multiAVCHD?
djmasturbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 07:35   #713  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmasturbeat View Post
well, there definitely isn't an mpls for the individual episodes for this one

can i keep the original menu and keep everything untouched (other than "blanking" 3 episodes per disc) in multiAVCHD?
I'm not sure, probably not. MultiAVCHD will complain if there is a problem.
Can't hurt to try, it won't have any affect on the source. Test with a software player first, and if it works there, test with a BD-RE for a standalone player.

EDIT:
If you load it in Re-Author mode, the mpls/m2ts files will be visible at the bottom of the window. Try to blank one at a time, and if multiAVCHD does not complain, it may work.
If there is only one mpls for six m2ts files, I don't see how it will work. If, however, you see seperate m2ts/mpls files for each episode, then you should be able to blank 3 of those and test for success!

Last edited by Capsbackup; 6th January 2011 at 07:50.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 13:23   #714  |  Link
crl2007

Pelican9 Hi, you have pm.
Old 9th January 2011, 20:03   #715  |  Link
Precomposed

I just successfully modified an Encore project to fix the pause that occurs at Loop Points in menus, in addition to the pause that occurs at the end of menu transitions.

Here is what I did to fix the problem:

1) Located the Playlist of each menu transition and menu intro (before the loop point), then added the clip of the menu that followed as the next PlayItem in the Playlist.
2) Set the connection condition value to 5 for the first PlayItem.
3) Rewrote some of the navigation commands of the movie objects so that the player remembered the last button selected of the transition playlist.

Using this method, the disc plays back 100% seamlessly through the loop point of a menu and after the menu transitions, without any stutter when played on a computer.

However, when played back on a standard Blu-ray player, the disc still exhibited a slight pause between the PlayItems, even with the connection condition value of 5.

Is there any way to get 100% seamless playback between the first part of a menu (before the loop point), and the second part of a menu (after the loop point) on a standard Blu-ray player?

How do commercial discs handle this? Are both parts muxed into a single m2ts and separated with a PlayListMarker? If so, how would you get the IG Stream to appear after the first part? Using the PTS time?
Old 17th January 2011, 23:51   #716  |  Link
crl2007

I have an issue here and I think it's a bug.

When I modify the blue column so that the disc will be played in a standalone player it results a 1,29 GB mpls file and if you load it again, bdedit will display an OUT OF MEMORY error.

Feature request:

Sync PTS to update itself upon modifying IN_OUT Time.
Old 18th January 2011, 05:05   #717  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post
I have an issue here and I think it's a bug.

When I modify the blue column so that the disc will be played in a standalone player it results a 1,29 GB mpls file and if you load it again, bdedit will display an OUT OF MEMORY error.

Feature request:

Sync PTS to update itself upon modifying IN_OUT Time.

Thanks for reporting.
I'll check it.
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 10:48   #718  |  Link
crl2007

You have PM.
Old 18th January 2011, 17:11   #719  |  Link
chompy

Hi,

as most authoring tools use this time format: hours:minutes:seconds:frames, is there any chance that this time format in selectable in the options tab in order to be able to view/edit IN times, OUT times, PlayMarks... more "accurately"?

Thanks

Last edited by chompy; 18th January 2011 at 17:44.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 18:24   #720  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
Hi,

as most authoring tools use this time format: hours:minutes:seconds:frames, is there any chance that this time format in selectable in the options tab in order to be able to view/edit IN times, OUT times, PlayMarks... more "accurately"?

Thanks
Frame is much less accurate than millisec. Even the ms is not accurate enough for display the stored values which has 1/90000s or 1/45000s resolution.

Last edited by Pelican9; 18th January 2011 at 18:30.
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bd menu, bdedit, blu-ray