Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2008, 01:39   #121  |  Link
Ranguvar

Look at the command windows in the pic I linked.
Old 14th September 2008, 01:43   #122  |  Link

What is the exact error that you get?
Old 14th September 2008, 01:45   #123  |  Link
SquallATF

I have used driver version 177.92 on windows 2003 x64, the DGAVCIndexNV runs very well.
ps run on this version drivers don't need nvapi.dll and nvcuda.dll, all of the dll have include in driver.
Old 14th September 2008, 01:50   #124  |  Link
Audionut

Sweet. Thanks neuron.

Works perfect with 177.98. About 44fps with display disabled on 1920x1088 content from a blu-ray. 8800gt 512 G92.

This will make shrinking blu-rays a whole lot quicker.

I didn't have to move any dll's.

Last edited by Audionut; 14th September 2008 at 02:20.
Old 14th September 2008, 01:52   #125  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallATF View Post
I have used driver version 177.92 on windows 2003 x64, the DGAVCIndexNV runs very well.
ps run on this version drivers don't need nvapi.dll and nvcuda.dll, all of the dll have include in driver.
on my xp x64, nvcuvid.dll is necessary, but it came with the CUDA SDK, so I personally don't need it....
*glares at x64 version of dll's*
Old 14th September 2008, 02:00   #126  |  Link
Zwitterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranguvar View Post
1.) There is a significant amount of artifacting during playback in the indexer with DS's x264-encoded Touhou sample (here), and especially the lossless Touhou sample (here). I don't know if it's also in the decoded stream through AviSynth+DGAVCDecode.
Hardware acceleration for lossless AVC streams is not supported, or is it?
Old 14th September 2008, 02:01   #127  |  Link
SquallATF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemuri-_9 View Post
on my xp x64, nvcuvid.dll is necessary, but it came with the CUDA SDK, so I personally don't need it....
*glares at x64 version of dll's*
32bit dlls are in %SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64
Old 14th September 2008, 02:10   #128  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallATF View Post
32bit dlls are in %SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64
no duh
i was referring to how it would be nice to see an x64 bit version eventually (though it will probably long into the future for when avisynth's x64 support comes along.... after i die of old age probably)
Old 14th September 2008, 02:17   #129  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwitterion View Post
Hardware acceleration for lossless AVC streams is not supported, or is it?

that looks like a no
Old 14th September 2008, 03:59   #130  |  Link
squid_80

Quote:
(though it will probably long into the future for when avisynth's x64 support comes along.... after i die of old age probably)
You do know there are x64 builds of avisynth available, right? You could always offer to help instead of making derogatory comments.

neuron2: Good luck getting DGAVCDecodeNV working... watch out for CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_CONTEXT errors, they can happen when GetFrame is called by a different thread than the one which created the filter (if you create the context in the constructor).
Old 14th September 2008, 04:11   #131  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
You do know there are x64 builds of avisynth available, right? You could always offer to help instead of making derogatory comments.
and you do know that it's only x64 support in 3.0 which is pretty pre-alpha right now too!
and i don't know much about elementary aspects of video to help with the development,
sure i can read code, but making it for something you know hardly about is WAY different.

I wasn't purposely being derogatory, but it seemed to come across that way,
just saying that avisynth has always been slow to develop from it's sheer complexity...

Last edited by kemuri-_9; 14th September 2008 at 04:37.
Old 14th September 2008, 04:49   #132  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
neuron2: Good luck getting DGAVCDecodeNV working...
I'm already decoding frames with it. I'm now working on the copying of the picture to GetFrame()'s output frame, pulldown, and sundry things. It's looking good.

Quote:
watch out for CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_CONTEXT errors, they can happen when GetFrame is called by a different thread than the one which created the filter (if you create the context in the constructor).
My filter constructor creates a server thread that stays alive until filter destruction. The server thread owns the CUDA context and does the decoding. The GetFrame() function signals the server thread with an event and then waits to be signalled back with a frame.

I'm not sure I will be able to support mutiple AVCSource() calls in a script. I think it's unusual anyway.

Last edited by Guest; 14th September 2008 at 04:55.
Old 14th September 2008, 04:50   #133  |  Link
squid_80

Quote:
and you do know that it's only x64 support in 3.0 which is pretty pre-alpha right now too!
No, it's a mixture of 2.5.5 and 2.5.6. It lives in avisynth's CVS tree with the tag avisynth64. Core builds and plugins are available from my homepage (http://members.optusnet.com.au/squid_80).
Old 14th September 2008, 04:58   #134  |  Link
squid_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
My filter constructor creates a server thread that stays alive until filter destruction. The server thread owns the CUDA context and does the decoding. The GetFrame() function signals the server thread with an event and then waits to be signalled back with a frame.
That's good news; using cuCtxPushCurrent/cuCtxPopCurrent to float the context seems to be horribly slow.
Old 14th September 2008, 05:03   #135  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

I'm a bit scared about who could possibly be using multiple AVCsources for a single file. I'd think that by the point you're using multiple H.264 inputs, it'd be a good idea to convert to an intermediate format if you're doing that heavy editing.
Old 14th September 2008, 05:52   #136  |  Link
AtomX

All worked well in terms of loading the footage and making the .dga. I can already tell that this is a vastly significant improvement over the non-NV-enabled DGAVCIndex (at least with the footage that I've been working with). For one, I can actually scrub through the footage and play it perfectly fine within the program without it crashing, which is something I can't do with the normal DGAVCIndex.

I've been working on trying to establish a cohesive workflow when working with Blu-Ray footage. Right now, my current workflow is as follows:

1) Rip blu-ray disc with AnyDVD HD
2) Demux the .m2ts file with Elecard XMuxer (demux's to a .h264 file)
3) Process the .h264 file with DGAVCIndex
4) Run the .dga through AVS
5) Bring the AVS into VDubMod
6) Encode the entire stream using Lagarith
7) End up with a lossless version of the blu-ray stream that is roughly 10x the original file size.

I've been working with DVD files for many years now and I've never really had to convert the entire film to lossless in order to work with it (run the VOB through DGIndex, process via, AVIsynth, works fine). Unfortunately through, with the 1080p blu-ray files, the resulting AVS file is extremely unstable. I can't seek through it in VDub whatsoever without it crashing immediately, and I certainly can't import it into any kind of editing program without it crashing. So if DGAVCIndexNV fixes that, you will be my hero

I will be looking very much forward to the decoder DLL!

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, I did indeed have to install the CUDA drivers/toolkit from the nvidia site. I'm running an 8600 GT.

EDIT 2: I just realized that I actually can now import the m2ts file directly without having to demux it! Hallelujah!!

Last edited by AtomX; 14th September 2008 at 05:56.
Old 14th September 2008, 07:52   #137  |  Link
Ranguvar

kemuri, would you mind detailing how you got it to work exactly, since you're have XP x64 like me?

Thanks!
Old 14th September 2008, 07:58   #138  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

Hm, with version a2 i can't use the preview anymore (with dispay on). I press f5, it just freezes, no deinterlacer enabled. If I switch back to old one, it works.
Old 14th September 2008, 08:00   #139  |  Link
Comatose

Quote:
that looks like a no
Probably because it's lossless. Can't be bothered to check if it SHOULD support it, but I don't see why it should D: (as it was aimed to decode Blu-ray and HD DVD)
Old 14th September 2008, 09:20   #140  |  Link
lucassp

http://www.mediafire.com/?j2xpbxgmt0c

MBAFF Stream that doesn't work. Please check it neuron2!
Closed Thread