Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 25th April 2014, 12:24   #61  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Unfortunately I didn't have the necessary free time to complete the new core redesign, in order to optimize multiple track extraction, but it will be done.

As for the audio delay, I guess I'll have to subtract video delay from audio delay or something like that.
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 20:11   #62  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

gMKVExtractGUI v1.5

After quite some time, I managed to find the time needed to do a major redesign and refactoring of the core code, in order to make gMKVExtractGUI as efficient as it can get. I now think that it is ready, after a lot of testing and head banging on the wall, so here it is:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmkvextractgui/files/v1.5/gMKVExtractGUI.v1.5.7z/download

Changelog:
  • Hopefully fix Abort button from being drawn out of line in some OS (Windows XP ?)
  • Fix some visual issues
  • Added Output Directory and Lock Output Directory to the Settings
  • Replace escape characters in mkvmerge
  • Changed extraction mode to support grouping of similar tasks into one process call
  • Added support of finding the delays in video and audio tracks
  • Now extracted audio tracks have the relative to the video delay
  • Add an extra check when selecting timecodes extraction mode
  • Made a few more performance improvements

Enjoy people!

Last edited by gpower2; 6th June 2014 at 20:15.
Old 6th June 2014, 22:27   #63  |  Link
TurboPascal7

Hi, thanks for your app.

I have three feature requests:
1. Increase the area where you can drag-n-drop the input file (the whole app window or at least the streams area). Right now you need to drop it directly on the input file textbox which is quite small.
2. Add "select all" button. Maybe I just didn't find it, but extracting some 30 streams from an mkv right now is extremely painful.
3. A "batch" button, just like that in mkvextractgui2.

Thanks.

Last edited by TurboPascal7; 6th June 2014 at 23:43.
TurboPascal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 23:24   #64  |  Link
Xebika

I agree with batch button.
Xebika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 12:58   #65  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

A small update with new version v1.5.1:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmkv....1.7z/download

Changelog
  • Increase the drag and drop area for the input file to the group box of input file info
  • Add a context menu for easy selection of tracks

The batch button of MkvExtractGUI-2 is not one of the features that I will add, since I am designing a true batch mode, or rather a job management mode. But this will be in the v2.x series of the app and I can't make any promises about the release date.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:28   #66  |  Link
hello_hello

Thanks for the update! I've only had a quick play, but so far so good...... and the Abort button is now where it should be (XP).

Cheers.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 13:37   #67  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Thanks for the update! I've only had a quick play, but so far so good...... and the Abort button is now where it should be (XP).

Cheers.
I am waiting for your feedback, especially about the performance issues you had with your RAID configuration, and about the audio delay. I think that everything should work as it should with the latest version.

Thanks for all the support so far!
Old 9th June 2014, 19:14   #68  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quick update:
Just tested gMkvExtractGUI with mkvtoolnix v7.0 and it works just fine.
Old 10th June 2014, 00:25   #69  |  Link
TurboPascal7

Thanks. I like the way you implemented the track selection menu, works a lot better than a simple button.
Old 12th June 2014, 23:21   #70  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpower2 View Post
I am waiting for your feedback, especially about the performance issues you had with your RAID configuration, and about the audio delay. I think that everything should work as it should with the latest version.

Thanks for all the support so far!
I still haven't had an extensive play but so far I've found nothing to nitpick over.

Speed seems the same as MKVCleaver when extracting multiple tracks, and I do like the way gMKVExtractGUI displays additional track information (name, language, delay etc). So far I can't fault the audio delays it's writing.

I'll look forward to what seeing what you do with batch extracting.

PS gMKVExtractGUI seems to be working fine with MKVToolNix v7.0 here.
Old 17th June 2014, 19:01   #71  |  Link
huokok

Hi, gp2
A few questions I'd like to ask and a few feedback.

After a mkv file loaded, I got those two warnings in log. What is the meaning? (I'm not a technical people at all)
Quote:
Warning: Could not initialize the iconv library for the conversion from UFT-8 to UFT-8. Some strings will not be converted to UTF-8 and the resulting Matroska file might not comply with the Matroska specs (error: 22, Invalid argument).
Warning: Could not initialize the iconv library for the conversion from UFT-8 to UFT-8. Some strings cannot be converted from UTF-8 and might be displayed incorrectly (error: 22, Invalid argument).
After extraction, I found the video extension is .avc instead of .h264, which is different from GUI2. Apparently, mp4box doesn't like this, by their standard
Quote:
Unknown input file type
Error importing D:\test\test_track1_eng.avc: Corrupted Data in file/stream

Why there are empty square brackets? And is there any difference in 2 delay brackets?
For the duration, it shows the same as in mkvinfo. What concerns me is that duration is the audio duration, which is slightly longer than video track, so I'm assuming the duration is the longest track? Well, it seems to be the issue of mkvinfo.

Thank you, I like the interface of this GUI.
huokok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 11:59   #72  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

First of all sorry my delayed reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by huokok View Post
Hi, gp2
After a mkv file loaded, I got those two warnings in log. What is the meaning? (I'm not a technical people at all)
These messages are the result of explicitly setting the output charset to utf-8 while executing mkvinfo and mkvmerge.
It shouldn't matter to anyone, but I use them because of some localization problems the first versions had. Better safe than sorry, right?

Quote:
After extraction, I found the video extension is .avc instead of .h264, which is different from GUI2. Apparently, mp4box doesn't like this, by their standard
I tried to follow the standards for output file extensions as defined here (http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/doc/mkvextract.html) and here (http://matroska.org/technical/specs/codecid/index.html).
In my tests .avc behaved better than .h264, but I guess each tool has its own preferences.

Quote:

Why there are empty square brackets? And is there any difference in 2 delay brackets?
For the duration, it shows the same as in mkvinfo. What concerns me is that duration is the audio duration, which is slightly longer than video track, so I'm assuming the duration is the longest track? Well, it seems to be the issue of mkvinfo.
The brackets for mkv tracks show the following information:
  1. TrackID
  2. TrackType
  3. CodecID
  4. TrackName
  5. Language
  6. ExtraInfo (resolution for video tracks, sample rate and channels for audio tracks)
  7. Delay
  8. EffectiveDelay
If any of these properties is not defined in the mkv file, then it will be empty.
The "Delay" field is the actual track delay as defined in the mkv header.
The "EffectiveDelay" is the actual delay that players use while playing the file. It is actually different only for the audio tracks, in cases that there is a delay defined for the video track. This is the value that is used for generating the output file name when extracting the track.

Quote:
Thank you, I like the interface of this GUI.
Thanks for your support!
Old 30th June 2014, 11:10   #73  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

New version (v1.5.2) is out. It fixes an issue with the Attachment file names, since newer MKVToolnix versions added the uid tag.

You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmkv....2.7z/download

Change log:
  • Fix parsing for Attachment Filenames for newer mkvmerge versions (ignore uid tag)
  • Added tooltip information about the track list
  • Added functionality to remember window position
Old 1st July 2014, 20:01   #74  |  Link
hello_hello

Thanks for the new version but.....

I went back to 1.5.1 pretty quick. I found the new pop-up tooltip to be fairly annoying, plus sometimes it'd pop up and cover tracks so I couldn't read them properly (depending where the cursor was at the time).
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:28   #75  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Hi gpower2, I figured I'd come bother you here and leave you in peace at SourceForge, ha ha. And thanks for the new version . I'm not sure if it's technically a bug, but I wanted to let you know that the remembering of window position fails if either the top-side or the left-side of the gMKVExtractGUI window is even the slightest bit past the edge of the screen; the bottom-side and right-side of the window have no issue with passing the edge of the screen. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Also, the window size isn't remembered. I'm not sure if this was part of the update, but it would be a nice feature . I've not noticed anything else but I've also not used your fine program much since the update. I only noticed the window position issue because I like to keep my Mkv extractor in the upper-left corner of my screen (MKVMerge in the upper-right) and the first thing I did upon opening the program was drag it up and left then resize it. I'll check it out some more soon, thanks again.

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 3rd July 2014 at 04:28. Reason: Grammar & Syntax
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:46   #76  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Thanks for the feedback guyz!
I guess the tooltip was too much, I'll either remove it completely, or find another way to show the help.

As for the windows position and size, I didn't test it for negative coordinates, and I didn't incorporate the window's size in the settings.

Will fix and release a new version soon.

Thanks again!
Old 3rd July 2014, 13:34   #77  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

New version (v1.5.3) is out, nothing too big, just fixing the remembering of window's initial position and size and removing the help tooltip.

Changelog:
  • Fixed setting the window's initial position to negative coordinates
  • Added the window's size to settings
  • Removed the help tooltip
Old 3rd July 2014, 13:50   #78  |  Link
hello_hello

Can I contribute by providing a link?

gMKVExtractGUI.v1.5.3.7z

Thanks for the new version.
Old 4th July 2014, 03:44   #79  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Awesome!. I opened the new version and it defaulted to the upper-left corner of my screen. I then resized the window, then closed it and reopened it (several times, just to be sure). And it's right where I left it. Thank you, I think that MKVMerge has a new best friend . Now, if you can sort out a functional batch mode (each input file can have independent tracks selected for extraction) then I might have to name my first child gpower2...

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 6th July 2014 at 08:12. Reason: Information, Information
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 16:13   #80  |  Link
wanezhiling

The processing bar always displays 0% when extracting tracks.
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extractor, gmkvextractgui, matroska, mkv, mkv extract, mkvextract, mkvextractgui