Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Closed Thread

Old 30th May 2010, 16:20   #1581  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Everything's possible, it's OpenSource after all. But I won't add such a feature. Sorry.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 31st May 2010, 13:40   #1582  |  Link
Nic

Many thanks for the WebM support in mkvmerge

Although, not your problem, Vorbis in WebM cannot be played by the WebM DirectShow filters unless I add "--timecode-scale 1000000 --disable-lacing". Plays fine in VLC though.

Probably a limitation of the MKV parser code in the WebM filter, might peek thru the source and try and come up with a patch.

Cheers,
-Nic

EDIT: Oh, although probably of no use to anyone as there's other solutons: http://nic.dnsalias.com/ivfenc.zip is ivfenc with AviSynth input support (do a ConvertToYV12() at the end of the script)

Last edited by Nic; 31st May 2010 at 13:44.
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:57   #1583  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
Here's a build with support for reading VP8 from and writing it to IVF files: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-255-setup.exe
Thanks for this build but I've noticed a small bug: in MMG the Webm files are not listed with the other compatible files when using Add and All Supported Media Files default option. You have to specifically select Webm audio/video files to see them.
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:58   #1584  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
Although, not your problem, Vorbis in WebM cannot be played by the WebM DirectShow filters unless I add "--timecode-scale 1000000 --disable-lacing". Plays fine in VLC though.
Nice find! Works like a charm now
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:07   #1585  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazil2 View Post
Thanks for this build but I've noticed a small bug: in MMG the Webm files are not listed with the other compatible files when using Add and All Supported Media Files default option. You have to specifically select Webm audio/video files to see them.
Works fine for me on Windows 7. I see files with the .webm extension if I chose "All supported media files" in the file selection dialog. Which Windows version are you using?

Old 2nd June 2010, 14:26   #1586  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Works fine for me on Windows 7. I see files with the .webm extension if I chose "All supported media files" in the file selection dialog. Which Windows version are you using?
I'm on Windows XP. I've just updated to build 257 and it's still the same. For instance I can see MP4 M4A OGG AVI MKA FLAC H264 and even IVF files but no WEBM ones. I must select this extension to be able to see them.
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:38   #1587  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Then that is a limitation of Windows XP, 'cause it works on Vista as well. I don't think there's much I can do about it safe list all files instead of all supported files when mmg is running on XP. I'll get it fixed soonish.

Old 2nd June 2010, 15:00   #1588  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Then that is a limitation of Windows XP
I'm sorry but I don't think it's a limitation of Windows XP because I have other programs, like MPC-HC and VLC, which are using a much longer list of files and they are all showing up.
For instance this build of VLC which supports VP8/Webm decoding is showing the WEBM files in the Open File dialog box among all other files.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:08   #1589  |  Link
sneaker_ger

I cannot reproduce the problem in Windows XP. It correctly lists all files with ".webm" extension when choosing "all supported files". 3.4.0 pre 257
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:55   #1590  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
I cannot reproduce the problem in Windows XP. It correctly lists all files with ".webm" extension when choosing "all supported files". 3.4.0 pre 257
So it's definitely not an XP problem
Additional information: I've never installed Mkvtoolnix on my system but I've always used a zipped version.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:01   #1591  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Ok, then I don't know why it would happen on your system. Won't look into it due to limited free time & no available XP installation. Sorry.

Old 3rd June 2010, 17:01   #1592  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefan View Post
OK. Do you know of any other mkv muxer that can handle open-gop?
You could try eac3to, but to be honest, I don't really know if it works.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:35   #1593  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefan View Post
Is there any support for H264 streams with open-gop planned? There are some problems with seeking which is probably caused by a missing support for open-gop in mkv. The problem and its possible cause are explained here: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=178.
If your goal is to output a compliant Blu-ray Disc structure, which from what I've read is the only reason to use open-gop, then you shouldn't be muxing to MKV. AFAIK, once you mux the raw 264 stream generated by x264 to MKV you lose NAL-HRD. If you use the MKV file to generate the Blu-ray Disc structure then txMuxeR assumes VBV values to generate NAL-HRD if no information exists.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:50   #1594  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@Mosu,

would you consider adding support for h264 MVC? That's an extension to the h264 format, used by the new 3D Blu-Rays. I've analyzed the format and I think for muxing purposes it's pretty easy to handle. Here is the information that you probably need:

(1) For 3D movies there's a "left eye" stream, which is simply a normal standard h264 file. For the "right eye" there is a separate h264 MVC stream, which is slightly different to standard h264, cause it's coded as a "difference" to the left eye stream.

(2) The AUDs in a h264 MVC stream are "00 00 01 18" instead of "00 00 01 09". The sequence parameter set is "00 00 01 0f" instead of "00 00 01 07". The sequence parameter format is identical to standard h264, it has just some added information at the end of the data. The idc_profile for the h264 MVC stream is 128.

(3) For h264 MVC muxing purposes, the easiest solution is to split the stream exactly where the AUDs are. That way no complicated parsing of the frames is necessary. The AUDs also show which frame is a key frame, IIRC.

If you're interested, I can provide you with a short 3D sample.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:44   #1595  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

For quite some time h264 has had a pretty high priority for me. However, at the moment other things have higher priority, so I will not invest time into 3D video at the moment.

But having a sample would definitely by nice in case I change my mind. Can you please upload it, e.g. to my FTP server?

Old 4th June 2010, 09:48   #1596  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Can you please upload it, e.g. to my FTP server?
Done. You can use eac3to (v3.20 or newer) to demux it.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:22   #1597  |  Link
Krawhitham

I get this at about the 11% mark when using mkvextract.exe

Code:
Error: Could not write to the output file: 998 (Invalid access to memory location.)
This just happens on one file not all files but it plays perfectly

any ideas?
Old 4th June 2010, 18:27   #1598  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I'd have to look at the file in order to see what the problem is. Can you upload it to my FTP server?

Old 4th June 2010, 18:59   #1599  |  Link
Krawhitham

Quote:
I'd have to look at the file in order to see what the problem is. Can you upload it to my FTP server?
Sorry you can delete the file I was uploading, I found 8192 bytes that were zeroed out about 12% into the file
Old 4th June 2010, 19:01   #1600  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Alright.

Closed Thread