Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th April 2022, 22:41   #19441  |  Link
VirulentPip

Quick questions

1. Is it possible to hardcode subtitles
2. Is it possible to set Default audio track

Only started using today, noticed on first encode that both tracks were set as default so have to go into mkvtoolnix to adjust that post encode, so would be nice if there's something I'm missing so don't have to have an unnecessary process.
VirulentPip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2022, 22:45   #19442  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1. Avisynth script -> permanent subtitles
2. Not implemented yet. Will take a look.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2022, 20:25   #19443  |  Link
VirulentPip

Would it work if I add an Intel CPU (i5 12600K) to the distributed encoding which currently has 2x AMD CPUs (3900x as primary and 5800x when not gaming)

Last edited by VirulentPip; 29th April 2022 at 20:29.
Old 30th April 2022, 00:47   #19444  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

You can add any pc as long as it runs on Windows OS.
Old 2nd May 2022, 10:08   #19445  |  Link
VirulentPip

After encoding I get *ERROR* next to the jobs with an Error Text File. Output is fine and cannot see anything in the text that would indicate error

D:\Movies\47 Ronin (2013) Remux-1080p>"C:\Ripbot\EncodingClient.exe" "D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

mkvmerge v61.0.0 ('So') 64-bit
'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.265': Using the demultiplexer for the format 'HEVC/H.265'.
'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\2_audio_English_DEFAULT.ac3': Using the demultiplexer for the format 'AC-3'.
'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\1_audio_English.ac3': Using the demultiplexer for the format 'AC-3'.
'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.265' track 0: Using the output module for the format 'HEVC/H.265 (unframed)'.
'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\2_audio_English_DEFAULT.ac3' track 0: Using the output module for the format 'AC-3'.
'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\1_audio_English.ac3' track 0: Using the output module for the format 'AC-3'.
The file 'D:\Video\47 Ronin (2013) Remux-1080p_new.mkv' has been opened for writing.
'D:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.265' track 0: Extracted the aspect ratio information from the video bitstream and set the display dimensions to 1920/1080.

The cue entries (the index) are being written...
Multiplexing took 8 seconds.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 01h:33m:08s

Last edited by VirulentPip; 2nd May 2022 at 10:10.
Old 3rd May 2022, 23:33   #19446  |  Link
Jake802

Anybody have any ideas as to what would cause my subtitles to no longer work, when making an AVCHD Disc? It appears to only happen when I want to do AVCHD and They load and then nothing shows up for the preview window
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2022, 09:02   #19447  |  Link
VirulentPip

What causes this to happen? It's starting to get very annoying. It's very hit and miss and I cannot seem to figure out what would cause it. Was hoping to have all queued encodes done over night but this one was hung on this "Incomplete" chunk till I shutdown the server and it was allocated to another.

TCP Communication is repeating the same thing over and over Encoding_Process > 99.7% 1462/1466 frames 8.32fps then a few other bits I cannot read as it goes so fast but says Client > Server OK

Main says it encoded all 1466 frames for chunk 43.

Last edited by VirulentPip; 4th May 2022 at 09:18.
Old 4th May 2022, 10:55   #19448  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Check if ffmpeg.exe and x264_x64.exe/x265_x64.exe is stil present in taskmanager
Old 4th May 2022, 10:58   #19449  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake802 View Post
Anybody have any ideas as to what would cause my subtitles to no longer work, when making an AVCHD Disc? It appears to only happen when I want to do AVCHD and They load and then nothing shows up for the preview window
Hi Jake802,

You haven't posted here for nearly 3 years....

So you say that they load, but nothing shows in the preview window, but what if you go ahead & just process it (you could add the subtitles later, using MKVToolNix) if it didn't work..

No idea why subtitles would just stop working, there must be a problem somewhere else....if you are running the latest available build of RipBot, nothing has significantly changed with that for well over 9 months So it probably isn't that...

Maybe you could try Pauly Dunne's build, and see if that makes any difference.

RipBot264 modded builds..
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2022, 11:44   #19450  |  Link
VirulentPip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Check if ffmpeg.exe and x264_x64.exe/x265_x64.exe is stil present in taskmanager
Underneath the Encoding Server process is Ffmpeg and a windows command processor processes.

The "incomplete" chuck issue has occurred a further 3 times since my post.
Old 4th May 2022, 12:05   #19451  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

So encoding Has finished but encoding processes did not terminate? Post screenshots showing what you see.
Old 4th May 2022, 12:55   #19452  |  Link
VirulentPip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
So encoding Has finished but encoding processes did not terminate? Post screenshots showing what you see.
https://imgur.com/5gk0xg3

Tried adding this before but nothing was appearing.

The screenshot of the EncodingServer "Main" didn't save unfortunately.

But it was as if the encoding was done at the bottom would be for example 1466/1466 but still in "Encoding" mode and the TCP window be repeating 1462/1466.
Old 4th May 2022, 14:15   #19453  |  Link
Jake802

Thank you. I haven't had any issues or need to post anything. So I can use this MKVToolNix to add files to my AVCHD once it's done in RipBot?
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2022, 14:55   #19454  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake802 View Post
Thank you. I haven't had any issues or need to post anything. So I can use this MKVToolNix to add files to my AVCHD once it's done in RipBot?
You certainly should be able to...the main movie file in an AVCHD if I recall is an .m2ts... that should load into MKVToolNix, you can then add / remove other audio & subtitle tracks, (simply drag n drop) and let it do it's thing.

You can use the version within RipBot264 Tools folder (but it's old), so I would suggest you go here :- https://www.fosshub.com/MKVToolNix.html & grab the "installer" MKVToolNix Windows installer (64-bit), and you're set.

edit:- I just realised that this will produce an .mkv file, if you want to maintain the .m2ts format for the AVCHD, you will need to use Tsmuxer to add the subtitle track(s).

Get the latest here :- https://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

I have very rarely used RipBot to "do" subtitles !!!!

Last edited by TDS; 15th May 2022 at 05:23.
Old 4th May 2022, 21:56   #19455  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirulentPip View Post
https://imgur.com/5gk0xg3

Tried adding this before but nothing was appearing.

The screenshot of the EncodingServer "Main" didn't save unfortunately.

But it was as if the encoding was done at the bottom would be for example 1466/1466 but still in "Encoding" mode and the TCP window be repeating 1462/1466.
I would like to see screenshot of process hacker showing what processes are still in memory when this issue appears.
Old 6th May 2022, 20:19   #19456  |  Link
alexflin

Hi, I need help, I'm using this program https://prnt.sc/kFn4wSDzIMNh to encode my videos getting UHD compatibility, can I add the same commands to ripbot264 to encode multiple videos in batch mode?
alexflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2022, 10:50   #19457  |  Link
TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexflin View Post
Hi, I need help, I'm using this program https://prnt.sc/kFn4wSDzIMNh to encode my videos getting UHD compatibility, can I add the same commands to ripbot264 to encode multiple videos in batch mode?
Welcome,

So what app is that screen shot of ??

You might be able to create your own custom x265 "profile" within RipBot, and add some of those commands shown, but it might be a bit "hit and miss" until you get what you want.

For info on command options go here :-

https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/master/cli.html

You can access the profile folder within the main RipBot264 folder, then go to the hevc folder, and you will find the default profiles.

RipBot is pretty good at figuring out what the source files are, and also x265 would figure out it's own settings, depending on the content.

As for HDR, RipBot handles that pretty well, but again, depending on the input content, you can't make something HDR, if it's not there to start with (afaik).

A lot of ppl convert HDR to SDR, which RipBot can do too.

I would suggest just trying a few options, and see how it goes, but there is ALWAY's room for improvement.

Good luck.

Old 8th May 2022, 01:20   #19458  |  Link
alexflin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS View Post
Welcome,

So what app is that screen shot of ??

You might be able to create your own custom x265 "profile" within RipBot, and add some of those commands shown, but it might be a bit "hit and miss" until you get what you want.

For info on command options go here :-

https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/master/cli.html

You can access the profile folder within the main RipBot264 folder, then go to the hevc folder, and you will find the default profiles.

RipBot is pretty good at figuring out what the source files are, and also x265 would figure out it's own settings, depending on the content.

As for HDR, RipBot handles that pretty well, but again, depending on the input content, you can't make something HDR, if it's not there to start with (afaik).

A lot of ppl convert HDR to SDR, which RipBot can do too.

I would suggest just trying a few options, and see how it goes, but there is ALWAY's room for improvement.

Good luck.
Thanks for the help, this app is integrated in the Blu-Disc Studio HD, they recomend use this app to make compatible the video files with the program. I'm using the 30 days trial to create all the UDH blurays with menu of my favourite tv shows
alexflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 06:11   #19459  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Update time again...

Hey,

Have been busy again updating most of the SMDegrain filter's, re-instated a few "older" filters.

Updates for a few "key" item's. etc, (changelog included)

Please note, this is a Tools folder replacement, so rename your existing Tools folder (just in case), and if you've modified any scripts.

ALL previous update links will be removed, as they are all in this build.

So go get it :-

The link that was here, is now obsolete, go here for the latest build..

https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=19510

And I would like to thank the 161 ppl that downloaded the previous Tools folder download back in February, and the many that also downloaded the 3 other update files.

And the few that provided very positive feedback

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 7th June 2022 at 03:23.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2022, 13:27   #19460  |  Link
VirulentPip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Hey,

Have been busy again updating most of the SMDegrain filter's, re-instated a few "older" filters.

Updates for a few "key" item's. etc, (changelog included)

Please note, this is a Tools folder replacement, so rename your existing Tools folder (just in case), and if you've modified any scripts.

ALL previous update links will be removed, as they are all in this build.

So go get it :-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1363b...05-22).7z/file

And I would like to thank the 161 ppl that downloaded the previous Tools folder download back in February, and the many that also downloaded the 3 other update files.

And the few that provided very positive feedback

Haven't updated with this latest one yet.. But since using your version, I've had 1 "incomplete" chunk in now well over 60 encodes maybe even more. Has made life easier knowing can just queue up a bunch over night knowing that the chances of them being completed by morning are now very very high. Thanks again.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360